Fatigue woe; partial seasons Topic

This makes no sense: If I draft a batter with 575 PA, he’ll play all season (in a reasonable stadium) with no important fatigue issues, batting 7th or 8th and given an occasional game off. But if I draft one with 300 and one with 275 to platoon them, I will have to sit them often to keep fatigue above 90%. Why is that? It requires an owner to spend more for platoons than for a single batter, either for more PA or for a third platooner.
1/16/2018 1:04 AM
1/16/2018 1:31 AM
Posted by doubletruck on 1/16/2018 1:06:00 AM (view original):
This makes no sense: If I draft a batter with 575 PA, he’ll play all season (in a reasonable stadium) with no important fatigue issues, batting 7th or 8th and given an occasional game off. But if I draft one with 300 and one with 275 to platoon them, I will have to sit them often to keep fatigue above 90%. Why is that? It requires an owner to spend more for platoons than for a single batter, either for more PA or for a third platooner.
In short, they'll often be used as players off the bench even when not starting, this getting more PAs than just a full-time hitter would.

The other side of a platoon is often the best hitter on your bench... thus primary PH choice...
1/16/2018 10:37 AM
Well, first, I overstated their RL PA, so I guess I’m getting what I deserved. On the other hand, I always have them set on rest when not in lineup and it seems a total of 450 PA should not require me to use two other OF to keep one in RF with better than 90% af any time,
1/16/2018 5:28 PM
Fatigue woe; partial seasons Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.