Cores by Position Topic

Just looking to get others input on what the core ratings would be for each position.

For instance (assuming that ATH and DEF would pretty much be a core for every position):

PG: SPD, PER, BH, P

Thoughts on all five positions?
1/16/2018 9:25 PM
I read an interview with coachg (or it could have been billing, whoever showed up that time) or it could have been a post ( and now MikeT is losing his **** over how long it is taking to get to the point)

... don't think of positions, think of roles. Do you need a ball handler, an offense facilitator, or a scorer? Do you need post scoring, rebounding, or manute bol-like zone defense? Do you need a wing shut down defender, or another scorer?

Once you know the role, then you know the cores you are recruiting.
1/16/2018 10:10 PM
Posted by jt2xTTU on 1/16/2018 10:10:00 PM (view original):
I read an interview with coachg (or it could have been billing, whoever showed up that time) or it could have been a post ( and now MikeT is losing his **** over how long it is taking to get to the point)

... don't think of positions, think of roles. Do you need a ball handler, an offense facilitator, or a scorer? Do you need post scoring, rebounding, or manute bol-like zone defense? Do you need a wing shut down defender, or another scorer?

Once you know the role, then you know the cores you are recruiting.
OK.

So let me rephrase:

What would the cores you would be looking for in the following roles:

Offense facilitator
Outside scorer
Inside scorer
Defensive force under the basket
Others
1/16/2018 10:28 PM
Offense facilitator: Spd, BH, Pass
Outside scorer: Spd, Per, BH
Inside scorer: Ath, LP, Reb (Off boards) Bh?
Defensive force under the basket: Ath, Def, Sb, Reb

1/16/2018 10:56 PM
LP in guards is highly underrated. I've seen a team make it to an NC game and beat almost everyone by 20 with Ath/De/Sta/3 LP guard scorers.
1/16/2018 11:15 PM
Posted by fluff_nasty on 1/16/2018 10:56:00 PM (view original):
Offense facilitator: Spd, BH, Pass
Outside scorer: Spd, Per, BH
Inside scorer: Ath, LP, Reb (Off boards) Bh?
Defensive force under the basket: Ath, Def, Sb, Reb

I think this is spot on.

I use (in order):

PG- PASS,SPD, BH
REBOUNDER: REB, ATH
Scorer: PER, SPD, BH or LP,ATH, FT, BH or LP,PER,SPD,ATH (the all 50 guy)

Defense depends on the set......

I have been toying around with the "passer", which is a high DEF, no offense (PER or LP), High PASS guy who usually plays the 3 (sometimes the 2) for me. It's like a second PG but defensive based. Probably works best in triangle or flex.
1/17/2018 8:55 AM
Posted by cubcub113 on 1/16/2018 11:15:00 PM (view original):
LP in guards is highly underrated. I've seen a team make it to an NC game and beat almost everyone by 20 with Ath/De/Sta/3 LP guard scorers.
I love SFs with high LP.
1/17/2018 9:09 AM
Cores by Position Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.