Considering list Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
There are two reasons to reveal interest, IMO. One is to scare others off, that is unlikely in the above situation. The other is judge how much effort you will need to put in. If you are committed to max effort I would say no, if you want to do the couplefew HV's per cycle trick then try.

If he has the "wants to play" preference I would offer the minutes before any other effort.
1/17/2018 8:51 AM
I don't think my D- will scare too many. Since it's late, how much effort I'll have to put in will be based on how RS1 goes. I've got 5 openings and intend to cut Bonds(recruited by SIMAI, assigned to me so I won't get resources but who you said wouldn't be on a D3 team) if I can fill 4.
1/17/2018 9:55 AM
Since you are below the "I" and there's that much interest in the recruit from others, if you offer the scholarship, you may stay at very low and you still won't be seen.

I just did that in a similar situation that I'm trying up sneak in, like 2 days ago.

10 teams on the list, 2 high, 1 moderate, those 3 have offers. The other 7 are very low with no offer. I am a "V". I offered the scholarship only, and I'm still hidden. I will drop the bomb on 1st cycle of RS2
1/17/2018 10:07 AM
It may be different tho. I'm a D2 on a D1. If D1 to D1 is different in that aspect, that i do not know
1/17/2018 10:11 AM
I may stay hidden if I offer but I know I'll remain hidden if I don't. I just don't know of an upside since he's not signing til 2nd recruiting session.

It's really stupid that this is even a "strategy".
1/17/2018 10:42 AM
You got to offer your start and minutes cause I think it multiplies stuff. Since it's a stupid glitch, but it's an advantage, I'd stay hidden as much as possible if I was you. D-...
1/17/2018 10:45 AM
Thus far, this is the biggest difference between D1 and D2/D3 recruiting that I've noticed. I WANT to be on the list at moderate and schollie offered at the lower levels. I'm not scaring off D1 like that but schools at my level have to decide if I've been dumping resources like crazy and if they can catch me or if it's just better to move on.

I'm also looking a lot more forward to the opening of signings. Simply because I might sign someone in RS1. Still not in favor of capping.
1/17/2018 12:14 PM
probably the number one thing seble should fix in 3.0

1/17/2018 1:08 PM
Posted by metsmax on 1/17/2018 1:08:00 PM (view original):

+1 - Totally agree. Not knocking Mike for using this to his advantage at all. But it's bad gameplay for a team to have an advantage over another team just because of the letter that team starts with.
1/17/2018 7:47 PM
Agreed. Feel a little skeezy about it but I'm also a D- school. I certainly don't feel like Pitino.
1/17/2018 7:49 PM
Posted by chapelhillne on 1/17/2018 7:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by metsmax on 1/17/2018 1:08:00 PM (view original):

+1 - Totally agree. Not knocking Mike for using this to his advantage at all. But it's bad gameplay for a team to have an advantage over another team just because of the letter that team starts with.
+2

please fix this!
1/17/2018 7:51 PM
First considering list then EEs then caps. Sounds like a good plan!
1/17/2018 8:11 PM
FWIW, this dude is getting away from me. Too many irons in the fire to keep dumping AP on this guy. Was hoping to sign 1-2 during the first signing cycle but it didn't happen.

When you inherit a bad team, there are so many holes and so little time.
1/18/2018 5:27 PM
Recruiting at a D- school at D1 is difficult.
1/18/2018 10:43 PM
12 Next ▸
Considering list Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.