Combo defenses & prefs Topic

For anyone who is running one, how does this work out with preferences? If I run a half court press/man combo defense the entire season (i.e.-I don't drop the press or the man part in a game for match-up reasons), where does the preference show up for me in recruiting -- in press? in Man? Neither? Both?
1/17/2018 11:35 AM
you normally get a GOOD in both defenses, rather than VERY GOOD in a single.
1/17/2018 4:03 PM
Posted by oldwarrior on 1/17/2018 4:03:00 PM (view original):
you normally get a GOOD in both defenses, rather than VERY GOOD in a single.
Interesting...good to know!!
1/17/2018 4:37 PM
I guess it depends, I build up my zone more so than press by putting more minutes so my zone IQs are higher than the press....not sure if that (IQ) factors into preferences or not?

I was at a VERY GOOD with a recruit on my Nova team this last go around with his Zone preference....so that kind of contradicts what oldwarrior said
1/17/2018 5:09 PM (edited)
Posted by crabman26 on 1/17/2018 5:09:00 PM (view original):
I guess it depends, I build up my zone more so than press by putting more minutes so my zone IQs are higher than the press....not sure if that (IQ) factors into preferences or not?

I was at a VERY GOOD with a recruit on my Nova team this last go around with his Zone preference....so that kind of contradicts what oldwarrior said
He did say “normally” tho. Maybe your situation was different. Do you run strictly zone in certain situations under team game plan? That could be one difference.

I agree with oldwarrior from what I have personally experienced recently. But that doesn’t mean that I’m right and you’re wrong either
1/17/2018 9:40 PM

Preferences are based on playing time, not practice minutes. Looks like you dropped the press and went straight zone for a good chunk of the year. My understanding is that if you split time, your very good is not equivalent to the very good that someone who ran straight zone all year long. That’s the way the other preferences work, there are degrees within each grouping.
1/17/2018 10:07 PM
Posted by topdogggbm on 1/17/2018 9:40:00 PM (view original):

He did say “normally” tho. Maybe your situation was different. Do you run strictly zone in certain situations under team game plan? That could be one difference.

I agree with oldwarrior from what I have personally experienced recently. But that doesn’t mean that I’m right and you’re wrong either
In end of game situations I actually run a press defense, but I do run more straight zones some of my games so maybe that is the factor?
1/18/2018 12:01 PM
Posted by shoe3 on 1/17/2018 10:07:00 PM (view original):

Preferences are based on playing time, not practice minutes. Looks like you dropped the press and went straight zone for a good chunk of the year. My understanding is that if you split time, your very good is not equivalent to the very good that someone who ran straight zone all year long. That’s the way the other preferences work, there are degrees within each grouping.
Interesting, I thought maybe IQ played a factor but maybe not. And you are right, I did play zone a good chunk of the season as I was picking and choosing who I'd play combo against
1/18/2018 12:02 PM
Combo defenses & prefs Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.