Withdrawing a Redshirt Topic

Hey there.
I was recruiting a player and attempted to offer him a redshirt. Next cycle, he was clearly upset, as I was dropped off of his interest list and all the unlock percentages dropped back to 0.
The next cycle I withdrew the redshirt, but now 2 cycles later he still does not have me back on his list, and all percentages are still at 0 for HV/CV/etc.

Have I completely screwed myself out of this guy or should I keep giving AP and eventually he'll come back around?
1/17/2018 5:11 PM
I never inform of redshirt during recruiting. Generally I take my chances on a redshirt once the new season starts.

I cannot recall the thread/post, but seem to recall others posting that once informed of redshirt and they drop you it is damn near impossible to get back on considering list.

I also seem to recall if you are going to inform of redshirt during recruiting you should accompany with other effort on same cycle.

I think a nice to tweak to recruiting would be similar to GD and be able to promise SO start.
1/17/2018 5:17 PM
Yeah, that happens and you are sunk. I have never gotten above zero after you go down to it,
1/17/2018 5:21 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 1/17/2018 5:21:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, that happens and you are sunk. I have never gotten above zero after you go down to it,
Well, that sucks. Not a make or break guy for me, but would've like to have had him.
Noted for future recruiting...
1/17/2018 5:35 PM
Yes - I never promise during recruiting. If it's a guy I'd like to redshirt, I will try after he is signed when he is on the team, but I also assume that he may reject it and is fairly likely to play.
1/17/2018 7:44 PM
The only guys I inform of a redshirt in recruiting are guys I don’t want on my team unless they will redshirt, fwiw.
1/17/2018 10:09 PM
If I had known there was a risk of completely bombing out, I think I would’ve made a different choice. Seems like if you rescind it, you should be able to get back in the game.
1/17/2018 11:54 PM
This is a really interesting thread as I have not yet had any issues offering a redshirt, but I reserve it for players that are low D1, with great potentials. Like one of the guys I am recruiting right now. It didn't affect him but he also is a low rated recruit so I am unsure if that has something to do with it or not. Something to look into for sure.
1/18/2018 9:53 AM
The better the player, the less likely he is to accept a redshirt, during or after recruiting. But it’s always been true that informing of a redshirt will bomb out your chances with some players during recruiting. That’s why it’s best to only use that route if it’s a player you don’t want on your roster without the redshirt.
1/18/2018 11:50 AM
Is there any upside to informing of redshirt? Sure, he'll accept once the season starts but, if a guy is upset over it in-season, you remove it and all his WE comes back.
1/18/2018 12:09 PM
I've been screwed out of a player more than once due to this bug. I reported it and never received an answer. I will still notify of a redshirt on occasion, but only when it's very clear that no humans are on my guy (even at VL because they might blitz) and the sims are not interested anymore. Also, NEVER notify of a redshirt if they have a preference for wanting to play...that will automatically set them to zero.

I just notified my best recruit this last class successfully because no humans were on him and he had no preference for playing time. I spent money on 5 HVs and 1 CV during the same cycle as the notification. He was knocked down from 100% HV/CV to around 60% and went from moderate to low (I'm in D2 and notified him during session 1)...but then recovered back to moderate in 1 more cycle. He went from moderate to high start of session 2 and then signed because his preference was early.
1/18/2018 1:40 PM
It’s not a bug. It was part of the last version of the game, too. More than once, I got the “you crazy” email, and was never able to make any headway after. It generally happens when you’re reaching up, and the player wants to play.
1/18/2018 1:44 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/18/2018 12:09:00 PM (view original):
Is there any upside to informing of redshirt? Sure, he'll accept once the season starts but, if a guy is upset over it in-season, you remove it and all his WE comes back.
Sure, if it’s a guy you’re going to land for cheap, and your intention is to redshirt him or look elsewhere, it guarantees that he’ll take it. Otherwise there’s a chance that he won’t, and that can mess with your season’s plans.
1/18/2018 1:53 PM
Posted by shoe3 on 1/18/2018 1:45:00 PM (view original):
It’s not a bug. It was part of the last version of the game, too. More than once, I got the “you crazy” email, and was never able to make any headway after. It generally happens when you’re reaching up, and the player wants to play.
But in the prior version you could always overcome the redshirt with additional effort, the exception being players ranked top 25 or 50 at their position (I forget which one). At D2 or D3 just a few additional HVs sent with the "inform of redshirt" and you were always good to go.
1/18/2018 2:02 PM
Posted by darnoc29099 on 1/18/2018 2:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by shoe3 on 1/18/2018 1:45:00 PM (view original):
But in the prior version you could always overcome the redshirt with additional effort, the exception being players ranked top 25 or 50 at their position (I forget which one). At D2 or D3 just a few additional HVs sent with the "inform of redshirt" and you were always good to go.
Definitely not always.
1/18/2018 2:05 PM
123 Next ▸
Withdrawing a Redshirt Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.