Withdrawing a Redshirt Topic

Posted by topdogggbm on 1/18/2018 6:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by pdxblazerfan on 1/18/2018 4:51:00 PM (view original):
The WE doesn't always drop to 1. I've redshirted players with very high WE without informing them and it only dropped 15-20 points a couple of times. In those cases they were still over 50 WE so I left the redshirt on them regardless of how they felt about it.
Maybe I have a wrong idea about this redshirt process completely. Maybe it’s because I took a 5 year break from this game.....

I thought if you redshirt a player and they lose significant work ethic, whatever that means (maybe from 62 down to 18 for example), I thought that player was a lock to transfer from your team at the end of the season. Is that not right? I’ve posted comments around this type of discussions, and no one has said that’s incorrect. But mainly because of long threads and multiple topics in each one?

So so at what point does a player transfer regarding WE drops of any fashion? And what about WE drops specifically from redshirting?
Never had a player leave after a redshirt. Maybe because they know you can't redshirt them again so you have to play them or cut them. So the drop in WE isn't an issue for them.

For all other players a drop of 10 WE or more will put a player at risk of transferring. Not fulfilling promises or giving enough PT to some players can result in those drops.
1/18/2018 10:51 PM
Isn’t it more unlikely to have a successful inform of redshirt when recruiting upper divisions? It just doesn’t seem logical for a D1 to take a redshirt happily from a D3, this is why I have stayed away from that ever using that button.
1/19/2018 12:24 AM
Posted by shoe3 on 1/18/2018 2:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by darnoc29099 on 1/18/2018 2:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by shoe3 on 1/18/2018 1:45:00 PM (view original):
It’s not a bug. It was part of the last version of the game, too. More than once, I got the “you crazy” email, and was never able to make any headway after. It generally happens when you’re reaching up, and the player wants to play.
But in the prior version you could always overcome the redshirt with additional effort, the exception being players ranked top 25 or 50 at their position (I forget which one). At D2 or D3 just a few additional HVs sent with the "inform of redshirt" and you were always good to go.
Definitely not always.
False. Every player had a built in threshold for the amount of effort it wold take to overcome being informed of a redshirt. For most players it was 3 HVs but my record was 17 HVs before I finally got reconsidered. I received the "you crazy" email about half the time but gave enough effort to stay considered. If I wanted to make absolutely sure I didn't drop off th bconsodering list I'd usually send 7-8 HVs that same cycle.

It's like promises. Most kids are happy if you meet roughly 80% of your stated promises but I also had a kid transfer that started 25/26 games (never made a minutes promise).
1/19/2018 7:00 AM
Posted by darnoc29099 on 1/19/2018 7:00:00 AM (view original):
Posted by shoe3 on 1/18/2018 2:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by darnoc29099 on 1/18/2018 2:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by shoe3 on 1/18/2018 1:45:00 PM (view original):
It’s not a bug. It was part of the last version of the game, too. More than once, I got the “you crazy” email, and was never able to make any headway after. It generally happens when you’re reaching up, and the player wants to play.
But in the prior version you could always overcome the redshirt with additional effort, the exception being players ranked top 25 or 50 at their position (I forget which one). At D2 or D3 just a few additional HVs sent with the "inform of redshirt" and you were always good to go.
Definitely not always.
False. Every player had a built in threshold for the amount of effort it wold take to overcome being informed of a redshirt. For most players it was 3 HVs but my record was 17 HVs before I finally got reconsidered. I received the "you crazy" email about half the time but gave enough effort to stay considered. If I wanted to make absolutely sure I didn't drop off th bconsodering list I'd usually send 7-8 HVs that same cycle.

It's like promises. Most kids are happy if you meet roughly 80% of your stated promises but I also had a kid transfer that started 25/26 games (never made a minutes promise).
Source?

I mean, not that it’s vital information anymore, 2.0 is dead and thankfully never returning. But were you told explicitly by developers that’s how it worked, or is this “forum fact”? I had two kids deny any further effort, one with 15 visits before I gave up, one with well over 20.
1/19/2018 8:12 AM (edited)
Pkoop-I don't think either of us are going to have legit sources on this. But my statement comes from experience and from sitemails with several successful vets (pepwaves, jsajsa, killbatman, Jdno, and many more).

similarly, players had different thresholds for the number of scouting trips required to pull them down. you could pull players down with as few as three scouting trips and my personal record was 52, yet 10 seemed to be the magic number that worked on the vast majority of recruits.
1/19/2018 8:11 AM
Posted by zagsrulez on 1/19/2018 12:24:00 AM (view original):
Isn’t it more unlikely to have a successful inform of redshirt when recruiting upper divisions? It just doesn’t seem logical for a D1 to take a redshirt happily from a D3, this is why I have stayed away from that ever using that button.
I RS a guy pretty much every year in D3 but never inform them beforehand. It's usually a depth chart thing. Let the kid come to school, realize he's 3rd on the chart and take the RS.
1/19/2018 8:33 AM
Posted by Benis on 1/18/2018 3:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by pdxblazerfan on 1/18/2018 1:40:00 PM (view original):
I've been screwed out of a player more than once due to this bug. I reported it and never received an answer. I will still notify of a redshirt on occasion, but only when it's very clear that no humans are on my guy (even at VL because they might blitz) and the sims are not interested anymore. Also, NEVER notify of a redshirt if they have a preference for wanting to play...that will automatically set them to zero.

I just notified my best recruit this last class successfully because no humans were on him and he had no preference for playing time. I spent money on 5 HVs and 1 CV during the same cycle as the notification. He was knocked down from 100% HV/CV to around 60% and went from moderate to low (I'm in D2 and notified him during session 1)...but then recovered back to moderate in 1 more cycle. He went from moderate to high start of session 2 and then signed because his preference was early.
I'm not sure if it's because I was D1 and the player was D1 but I've been able to inform of RS on a guy who wanted to play. The preference turned to Very Bad but I was still able to sign him.

I did send along a few HVs when I sent the inform notification though.
I do this all the time. They go to very bad. I don’t care. I do it when I find the best player possible (I want a maximized 4 years from, or JUCO 2 years) whom know I can still sign them even while informed. The IQ boost from redshirting is far more beneficial to me than ever going a season without redshirting a player, especially in the press, and I like to know before they’re on my roster if they’ll redshirt or not
12/17/2018 5:13 PM
Never had an issue with it. Just only use it on d1 projected guys with my D3 team when I know I can still win the battle
12/17/2018 5:14 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/19/2018 8:33:00 AM (view original):
I RS a guy pretty much every year in D3 but never inform them beforehand. It's usually a depth chart thing. Let the kid come to school, realize he's 3rd on the chart and take the RS.
I usually inform but this is very true too. As someone who never goes without redshirting, I normally inform at least one prospect (with little-no competition) but am normally successful tagging them when they get to campus if there’s too much competition to inform comfortably
12/17/2018 5:16 PM
◂ Prev 123
Withdrawing a Redshirt Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.