i had a player break his ankle and miss a few games. his durability is only 16, so his health rating is only improving 4 points every game. is it a common thought among coaches that injured players other attributes are multiplied by their health rating to get a new attribute rating? for instance, if my player has a health rating of 80...and i put him in the depth chart, will his "playing ratings" that game be about 80% of his actual ratings?
1/18/2018 5:44 AM
The effective ratings are reduced based upon the severity of the injury, but we have been told it isn't as simple as a straight multiplication of the rating by the percentage of health the kid currently has.

I'll work a kid back into playing rotation for spot minutes in the low 80s. Depending on how much better the kid is, I'll restart them around 90. I had a kid that I'd promised a start to one season get knocked down pretty low, but I'd already sat him for some key conference games so ended up having to start him at 68...I expected him to perform like a walk-on, but it wasn't as bad as I'd predicted and we were able to win games while he was limping along.
1/18/2018 10:53 AM
Sort of to the point, if you made promises during recruiting the kid expects to have those promises fulfilled once he hits 60% health.
1/18/2018 12:06 PM
Posted by darnoc29099 on 1/18/2018 12:06:00 PM (view original):
Sort of to the point, if you made promises during recruiting the kid expects to have those promises fulfilled once he hits 60% health.
Great info! So I'm assuming if he's under 60, the promises don't count against you if you're not playing the guy, correct?
1/18/2018 2:39 PM
at least in 2.0 that was correct - only at 60% does the kid expect to play again

now, there is a conundrum there - most folks think a guy at 65 or 70 percent is hard to play - but he expects the starts or mins

all of this of course depends on who you have to take his minutes
1/18/2018 2:52 PM
Well in that situation, if you're forced to get the starts and minutes, you'd just have to suffer for a while. I'll take a couple regular season losses rather than a recruit transferring at the end of the season.
1/18/2018 3:25 PM
thanks for all the info fellas
1/18/2018 6:19 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.