Changing a prospects mind Topic

Has anyone successfully got a prospect to change his mind about signing. I get an initial response of:
We're delighted your franchise could come up with the dough we were shooting for, but David is serious about finishing up his degree. If anything changes, we'll let you know.

After a few days I get:
My son has decided against signing a pro contract this season. He's got a laundry list of reasons why, none of which have to do with your fine organization. Thanks for the interest in my son, but he's heading in a different direction for the time being.

I go back to original email, get him to consider playing ball again, etc. I'm on the 3rd iteration and wondering if it's worth it to keep trying.

Thanks.
1/19/2018 5:02 PM
I've never been successful but others have said they were. Keep trying.
1/19/2018 5:26 PM
What's his signing status, Undecided? Probably won't sign? Etc?
1/19/2018 5:46 PM
I've done it. AFAIK it's very random how long it'll take.

1/19/2018 7:09 PM
Probably won't sign. Determined to finish college...
1/19/2018 7:13 PM
I've had guys sign after 4 or 5 declines. I think in the half dozen times I've done it when it's gone past 3 declines all but one or two didn't sign. If I had to guess, it's probably a dice roll in the system and "probably won't sign" is a 15 or 20% chance to sign or something similar. So if you do it enough it will eventually happen. But sometimes you can't get in enough offers before the season is over. But that's just my WAG.
1/19/2018 11:45 PM (edited)
I know the last 4 and maybe more of my first rounders turned me down at least 1 time. Couple were 3 to 5 before they signed. Just keep hammering them. I'm sure my odds will change soon but I'll keep swinging.
1/20/2018 11:16 AM
I've only had one "probably won't sign" change his mind, and I offered him more than a dozen times with more and more money each time. At the end of the season after IFA I offered him my entire remaining budget and he signed
1/20/2018 12:22 PM
I never offer more. Just offer the same if they turn you down.
1/23/2018 2:49 PM
It has worked for me before. It's been a while so they might have changed it.
1/23/2018 2:50 PM
Changing a prospects mind Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.