Scorecard of last POTUS Topic

Posted by all3 on 1/22/2018 11:11:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 1/22/2018 11:00:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/21/2018 9:01:00 PM (view original):
  1. ISIS rose on his watch.
  2. BLM created on his watch
  3. Worst relations with Israel, ever on his watch.
  4. Debt...discussed already but no plan to how to reduce it.
  5. ACA = DISASTER. I would have been OK with Nationalizing HC but this is just stupid.
  6. Syria happened on his watch
  7. Benghazi happened on his watch
  8. Stagnant wages
  9. Funding Iran who then siphoned those funds to Hamas and Hezbollah
  10. Our military became a laughing stock when captured by Iranians.
  11. Crimea fell to Russia on his watch
  12. Over regulation of Banks
  13. Paid Zero attention to entitlement reform. Kicked the can down the road.
  14. Stock market was artificially high as his administration kept rates low forcing people into equities.
  15. Did nothing about drugs coming from South America and as a result Between 2009 and 2015, the age-adjusted drug overdose death rate increased from 11.9 per 100,000 people to 16.3.
  16. On his watch the Dems lost the house and senate and numerous Governorships (is that a word?)
  17. First African American POTUS that was good.
  18. He endorsed HRC and she still lost.
  19. Bin Laddin captured on his watch = GOOD
  20. Stagnant wages.

D-

2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 11, 12, 16, 18 were either not true, unfair, or not his fault.

B
So the "good" things he should get credit for, but the failures are "not his fault"?
That thought process is why some people will support anyone instead of a lifetime politician, and is a large part of why Trump won.
I am not giving him credit for things like the economy, and other things on Strikeout's list.
1/22/2018 11:13 AM
I don't blindly support Obama - healthcare and other things was a failure, and he didn't get as much done as I would have liked - but I won't blindly hate him either. A B is fair IMO. Too Early, but I would give Trump a D+ so far.
1/22/2018 11:15 AM
Scorecard so far in WiS world. I'm going to do it on a 4.0 GPA style scale.

Strikeout: B-, 2.5
Taint: B+, 3.5
Dougout: D-, 0.5
CCCP: D-, 0.5
Tang: B, 3.0
Bad_L: B+, 3.5
Total: C, 2.25
1/22/2018 11:58 AM (edited)
I’d go B+
1/22/2018 11:50 AM
Opinions vary. Welcome to America.
1/22/2018 12:21 PM
1st President in US history that did not have at least one year of 3% or higher increase in the GDP.

D-

He isn't Woodrow Wilson, who sowed the seeds in the slaughter of 60,000,000 people (as far as we know as of today), but he was a disaster of a President.
1/23/2018 10:46 PM
Posted by tangplay on 1/22/2018 11:13:00 AM (view original):
  5. ACA = DISASTER. I would have been OK with Nationalizing HC but this is just stupid.
  8. Stagnant wages
  14. Stock market was artificially high as his administration kept rates low forcing people into equities.
  15. Did nothing about drugs coming from South America and as a result Between 2009 and 2015, the age-adjusted drug overdose death rate increased from 11.9 per 100,000 people to 16.3.
  16. On his watch the Dems lost the house and senate and numerous Governorships (is that a word?)
  20. Stagnant wages.

D-

B
So the "good" things he should get credit for, but the failures are "not his fault"?
That thought process is why some people will support anyone instead of a lifetime politician, and is a large part of why Trump won.
I am not giving him credit for things like the economy, and other things on Strikeout's list.
2 is true. Obama encouraged the separation of races and genders so they can all fight with each other.
3 is true. Obama not only vilified Israel comparing them to terrorists, he financed terrorists in the Middle East to attack them.
6 happened on his watch. He supplied arms to the rebels and ISIS to fight against the Syrian government. If he didn't pull out the troops out of Iraq, this would never have happened.
7 happened on his watch. The 3 am call to the White House begging for help from Benghazi was ignored, then it was blamed on a movie and not Al Qaeda.
8 continued to happen on his watch. He never fixed it in 8 years.
11 happened on his watch. All he could say to Putin was some day someone will make you account for your actions. Putin knew that Obama was a weak leader.
12 happened on his watch. You want to get a mortgage to buy a house? The banks were so over regulated that they were very tight with their money. It helped the continuation of a bad economy.
16 happened on his watch. Over 1000 Democrats across the country with state legislatures, governorships, etc. were lost to the G0P.

18.... well it was a luke warm endorsement. I can't blame him for that. She was a terrible candidate as proven with her losing her lead in 2008 to Obama.

17 Who gives a crap what he looks like? Male, female, white, black, yellow, red, or orange... I just give a crap what he does.
1/23/2018 11:02 PM
Posted by raucous on 1/23/2018 11:02:00 PM (view original):
  8. Stagnant wages
  20. Stagnant wages.

D-

B
2 is true. Obama encouraged the separation of races and genders so they can all fight with each other.
3 is true. Obama not only vilified Israel comparing them to terrorists, he financed terrorists in the Middle East to attack them.
6 happened on his watch. He supplied arms to the rebels and ISIS to fight against the Syrian government. If he didn't pull out the troops out of Iraq, this would never have happened.
7 happened on his watch. The 3 am call to the White House begging for help from Benghazi was ignored, then it was blamed on a movie and not Al Qaeda.
11 happened on his watch. All he could say to Putin was some day someone will make you account for your actions. Putin knew that Obama was a weak leader.
12 happened on his watch. You want to get a mortgage to buy a house? The banks were so over regulated that they were very tight with their money. It helped the continuation of a bad economy.
16 happened on his watch. Over 1000 Democrats across the country with state legislatures, governorships, etc. were lost to the G0P.

18.... well it was a luke warm endorsement. I can't blame him for that. She was a terrible candidate as proven with her losing her lead in 2008 to Obama.

17 Who gives a crap what he looks like? Male, female, white, black, yellow, red, or orange... I just give a crap what he does.
On 17 --- more people than you think
on 18 --- He said she was the most qualified candidate EVER...that is lukewarm?

1/24/2018 8:58 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/24/2018 8:58:00 AM (view original):
Posted by raucous on 1/23/2018 11:02:00 PM (view original):
  8. Stagnant wages
  20. Stagnant wages.

D-

B

On 17 --- more people than you think
on 18 --- He said she was the most qualified candidate EVER...that is lukewarm?

It wasn't that much of an exaggeration. She was very qualified.
1/24/2018 9:24 AM
Subjective.
1/24/2018 9:26 AM
Correct.
1/24/2018 9:27 AM
She is over 35 and born in the US. Qualified.
1/25/2018 5:17 PM
◂ Prev 1234
Scorecard of last POTUS Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.