BALL PARK SIZE MATTER? Topic

Posted by ghutton9 on 1/25/2018 1:30:00 PM (view original):
So based on this I would assume that range is more important in + ballparks because there is more hit chances. Better range will reduce that. In - parks range helps but there is already less of a hit chance.
Exactly. Bingo
1/25/2018 1:33 PM
Posted by pjfoster13 on 1/25/2018 1:32:00 PM (view original):
The wording of their answers is always so clumsy.

but a lower range player would obviously have more trouble in a large ballpark than in a small one.

it feels like they're trying to say that a stadium like Coors has +2 doubles and +3 triples already built into park factor itself, meaning that the punishment for bad defense is higher. WIS doesn't have outfield square footage and wall height and all that other stuff built into their formula, but all of that stuff is rolled into the sim altogether as one composite. Like what they mean is that extra baserunners score more often in Coors than in a neutral park, but their way is a stupid way of saying it
I used to think the mysterious wording was intentional so to not give away too much. I'm not convinced that is the case now.
1/25/2018 1:42 PM
◂ Prev 123
BALL PARK SIZE MATTER? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.