Institutional Racism Topic

Redlining is racist because:
  • the creator blatantly said that no blacks were allowed. It is a well known fact.
  • Black families making $100,000 typically live in the kinds of neighborhoods inhabited by white families making $30,000.”
  • Subprime loans were given to 41.5% of blacks and 30.9% of Latinos, but only 17.8% of whites.
  • Among high-income borrowers in 2006, African Americans were three times as likely as whites to pay higher prices for mortgages—32.1 percent compared to 10.5 percent. Latinos were nearly as likely as African Americans to pay higher prices for their mortgages at 29.1 percent.”
Police and courts are racist because:
  • They kill a higher percentage of Black people than white people while making an arrest
  • Black people get stopped and pulled out of their cars more
  • Innocent black people are more likely to be convicted than white people.
  • Black people are way more likely to be taken to prison - and not because they commit more crimes
  • Black people are more likely to be charged to harsher measures than white people
The war on Drugs was racist because:
  • Nixon specifically wanted to target black people by putting drugs in their neighborhoods and then making it a 'black thing' to have drugs
  • Black people have a higher arrest percentage of drug users than white people.
  • White kids are more likely to use drugs but less likely to be arrested - this happens for adults in marijuana too
Education is racist because:
  • Whites are 78% more likely to be accepted to the same university as equally qualified people of color. Emphasis on “equally qualified".
  • The U.S. is one of only 3 of the 34 O.E.C.D. nations to give fewer resources and have lower teacher/student ratios in poorer communities than in more privileged communities
  • Black people get more criminal charges in school than white people.
Wealth is racist because:
  • The average net worth of black households is $6,314, compared to $110,500 for the average white household
  • While a college-educated white American has an average net worth of $75,000, a college-educated black American has an average net worth of less than $17,500.
  • The black-white wealth gap is greater in the United States today than it was in South Africa in 1970, at the height of apartheid. We also incarcerate a higher percentage of blacks today than apartheid South Africa did.
  • "And why do blacks have less inherited wealth? Because for 250 years, they didn’t haveproperty, they wereproperty. Yes, the Civil War and the Emancipation Proclamation happened 150 years ago, but then we went straight into Jim Crow. For 100 years. Until the Civil Rights Movement (MLK, Malcom X, Black Panthers, Rosa Parks, etc.), which was forty years ago! Your parents were alive when MLK was assassinated! Rosa Parks refusal to give up her seat on the bus, which ignited the whole 15-year movement, was the year before my parents were born! They were children and teenagers during almost the entire Civil Rights Movement! This isn’t ancient history; it’s yesterday. We’ve gone from slavery to Jim Crow to today—which, in light of the statistics listed above and below, isn’t looking so much like equality anymore. When, exactly, were black people supposed to find the opportunity to accumulate and pass on even the most modest amount of wealth?"
Voting is racist because:
  • Voter ID is flawed and racist against black people. There isn't even that much voter fraud.
  • 11% of the American population do not have the kind of government ID required by the strictest state voter ID laws—including 18% of Americans over 65 and 25% of blacks.[54]
  • Voter laws that prevent felons former felons from voting disenfranchise 5.85 million Americans with felony charges in their past.
1/23/2018 7:04 PM
god said? i'm at bullet 1 line 1
1/23/2018 7:17 PM
Posted by bagchucker on 1/23/2018 7:23:00 PM (view original):
backing up now

redline is a bike, redline is a WIfS term

are we talking real estate

you need a big damn preamble before you trail off into the bush like this
redlining is the practice of keeping black people out of homes and suburbs... at least traditionally
1/23/2018 7:23 PM
i would like to address the Police and courts are racist because item

is it possible blacks are innately crimier

so that it takes more court action and more cop action to bring them into the great middle
1/23/2018 7:34 PM
Posted by bagchucker on 1/23/2018 7:34:00 PM (view original):
i would like to address the Police and courts are racist because item

is it possible blacks are innately crimier

so that it takes more court action and more cop action to bring them into the great middle
They don't commit more crimes. All of the statistics showed were saying 'black and white people do this equally but black people get convicted more,' Does that make sense?
1/23/2018 7:37 PM
sure

seriously doubt All of the statistics say

i was reading a thing once out of the newspaper at work that said who Ed Koch or someone dispensed with civil liberties in NYC and cracked down on ******* on sidewalks and walking around with guns and knives by beat cops frisking everyone they thought needed frisking

the stats were something like If you were black there was a tenfold chance you were pulled over and hassled

but crime was down and the conviction rate by race was equal

i said to my coworker "Racist as hell"

he said "That's what it took"
1/23/2018 7:50 PM
The conviction rate is not equal for white people and black people, I don't know where you are getting that info from.
1/23/2018 7:53 PM
i mighta got that wrong i will get back to you

who's the creator you're talking about
1/23/2018 8:03 PM
The creator of redlining. William Levitt.
1/23/2018 8:05 PM
Did the Democrats invent institutional racism when they slaughtered white people who didn't agree with them or did FDR modernize it by rounding up yellow people and throwing them in pens?
1/23/2018 8:32 PM
Neither of those things were good. Both of those things were institutional racism.
1/23/2018 8:52 PM
There are definitely some people who frequent this site that should be institutionalized.
1/23/2018 9:00 PM
Are you mentally stable?
1/23/2018 9:08 PM
Posted by tangplay on 1/23/2018 9:08:00 PM (view original):
Are you mentally stable?
1/23/2018 9:20 PM
tang is obviously on the Institutional Racism train, and I can respect lobbying for something he believes. However, I'm not sure of some of his "facts" or why he has such hatred for Trump, a man who is also trying to fight Institutional Racism (see below story). Is he not doing any research to know the facts? Is he blinded by Party affiliation? Does he just like to argue on the internet to fill his time? We'll probably never know.
1/24/2018 9:40 AM
1234 Next ▸
Institutional Racism Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.