REAL Institutional Racism Topic

I spoke with my dad last night. You want to see real institutional racism?

In Russia where he grew up and lived for 30% of his life:
  1. Labeled as a JEW on his birth certificate and passport (used like a license in Russia)
  2. Had to sit in the back of the school because the teachers knew he was a Jew.
  3. Had to score in the top 3% to get into the best university. Because he was a Jew.
  4. It was not taboo for people (teachers, police officers, bosses, etc.) to call him all kinds of derogatory names in PUBLIC for being a Jew.
  5. Had to scramble and network to get a job despite having two PhDs...Computer Science and Applied Mathematics.
  6. When he served in the military and all Russians had to he was peeling potatoes on a navy ship and treated as a 2nd class citizen because he was a Jew.
  7. He had to pay more for an apartment (similar to a condo here) because he and my mom were Jews.
  8. My mom had to got to school in Siberia because local schools would not accept her because she was a Jew.
  9. Neither could work for the Government because they were Jews. Blacklisted immediately.
  10. Neither could speak out against such treatment because Jews were considered 2nd class citizens and they would have been put in jail.

That IS Institutional Racism. Despite that my parents did OK and saved enough money to leave the old Soviet Union and give me a better life here. What we have in America is a land of opportunity. Greatest country in the world. Take your LEFTIST whiny *** tears elsewhere.

Thank you for putting up with my rant.
1/24/2018 8:43 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/24/2018 8:44:00 AM (view original):

1. Labeled as a JEW on his birth certificate and passport (used like a license in Russia)
  3. Had to score in the top 3% to get into the best university. Because he was a Jew.
  4. It was not taboo for people (teachers, police officers, bosses, etc.) to call him all kinds of derogatory names in PUBLIC for being a Jew.
  5. Had to scramble and network to get a job despite having two PhDs...Computer Science and Applied Mathematics.
  6. When he served in the military and all Russians had to he was peeling potatoes on a navy ship and treated as a 2nd class citizen because he was a Jew.
  7. He had to pay more for an apartment (similar to a condo here) because he and my mom were Jews.
  8. My mom had to got to school in Siberia because local schools would not accept her because she was a Jew.
  9. Neither could work for the Government because they were Jews. Blacklisted immediately.
  10. Neither could speak out against such treatment because Jews were considered 2nd class citizens and they would have been put in jail.

That IS Institutional Racism. Despite that my parents did OK and saved enough money to leave the old Soviet Union and give me a better life here. What we have in America is a land of opportunity. Greatest country in the world. Take your LEFTIST whiny *** tears elsewhere.

Yes. That is institutional racism. So I must ask you: Wad that fair? Would your father have rather lived in a society without institutional racism?
1/24/2018 8:46 AM
1/24/2018 8:47 AM
Nice, taint.
1/24/2018 8:49 AM
That meme has got a yugely bigly workout lately.
1/24/2018 8:49 AM
Posted by tangplay on 1/24/2018 8:46:00 AM (view original):

Yes. That is institutional racism. So I must ask you: Wad that fair? Would your father have rather lived in a society without institutional racism?
Yes. Hence he moved here. LOL

1/24/2018 8:50 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/24/2018 8:50:00 AM (view original):

OK, so we are on the same page. You can succeed even through insitutional racism, but it exists and makes things unfair and it is a problem.
1/24/2018 8:52 AM
I addressed tangy's initial claim 1000x times.

In the US people get a fair shot despite race/creed/gender/color. At least everywhere I have worked they have. I sit on the board of a major top 40 school and the same goes there. Actually we skew more toward females now. So I have NEVER seen it in person. Now I live in a very liberal state, I admit.

So I don't see what Taint and Tangy are claiming to be true. I have asked my African American friends and they have not seen it either. One lives in NY, two live in MA with me. Two work at large corporations and one works for the Government. So I just don't see what you are preaching. I am sorry.
1/24/2018 8:53 AM
Posted by tangplay on 1/24/2018 8:52:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/24/2018 8:50:00 AM (view original):

OK, so we are on the same page. You can succeed even through insitutional racism, but it exists and makes things unfair and it is a problem.
It existed in the old Soviet Union. It does NOT exist here. What part of that do you not comprehend.

Even if it did and it doesn't, there is NOTHING you can do about it. Zero. If people are racist they will still be racist even if you tell them not to be racist. Do you not understand that?
1/24/2018 8:54 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/24/2018 8:53:00 AM (view original):

In the US people get a fair shot despite race/creed/gender/color. At least everywhere I have worked they have. I sit on the board of a major top 40 school and the same goes there. Actually we skew more toward females now. So I have NEVER seen it in person. Now I live in a very liberal state, I admit.

So I don't see what Taint and Tangy are claiming to be true. I have asked my African American friends and they have not seen it either. One lives in NY, two live in MA with me. Two work at large corporations and one works for the Government. So I just don't see what you are preaching. I am sorry.
you have three African American friends???? and you base your beliefs off of what those 3 say to be true.

hahahahahahaha

you diverse bastard you!
1/24/2018 8:59 AM
How many should I have? I only have like eight close friends, period. What do you think I have, 100 friends? LOL.

I am not a popular dude like you, Jeff.

1/24/2018 9:03 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/24/2018 8:53:00 AM (view original):

Insitutional racism in the US is NOT AS BLATANT AS IN THE USSR! For instance, my dad and I were doing a poverty simulation. There were about 50 people in the room, 10 black people. He asked that whoever had been pulled out of their car by the police to stand up. All of the black people stood up. About 2 white people did. That's institutional racism.
1/24/2018 9:07 AM
I would need to see specific examples. Maybe those people were criminals? Maybe they lied? Maybe they felt peer pressure?

10 is also not statistically significant. Again I personally have NEVER seen it and neither have my friends. So are you going to hold it against me that I have never seen it? That is nuts.
1/24/2018 9:15 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/24/2018 9:03:00 AM (view original):
How many should I have? I only have like eight close friends, period. What do you think I have, 100 friends? LOL.

I am not a popular dude like you, Jeff.

Don't judge your opinion on 3 people.
1/24/2018 9:19 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/24/2018 9:15:00 AM (view original):
I would need to see specific examples. Maybe those people were criminals? Maybe they lied? Maybe they felt peer pressure?

10 is also not statistically significant. Again I personally have NEVER seen it and neither have my friends. So are you going to hold it against me that I have never seen it? That is nuts.
Jesus Christ dude. No one was a criminal. It was an unbiased thing. If you don't believe this you won't believe anything. Taint gave you an example. I have been giving examples. You say 10 is not significant: I AGREE! YOU BASED YOUR OPINION OFF OF 3 PEOPLE!
1/24/2018 9:21 AM
1|2|3...20 Next ▸
REAL Institutional Racism Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.