REAL Institutional Racism Topic

Posted by tangplay on 1/24/2018 9:21:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/24/2018 9:15:00 AM (view original):
I would need to see specific examples. Maybe those people were criminals? Maybe they lied? Maybe they felt peer pressure?

10 is also not statistically significant. Again I personally have NEVER seen it and neither have my friends. So are you going to hold it against me that I have never seen it? That is nuts.
Jesus Christ dude. No one was a criminal. It was an unbiased thing. If you don't believe this you won't believe anything. Taint gave you an example. I have been giving examples. You say 10 is not significant: I AGREE! YOU BASED YOUR OPINION OFF OF 3 PEOPLE!
1/24/2018 9:24 AM
No I based my opinion on my 20 years of working in the corporate world, nine years of coaching basketball and four years of serving on a college board. I have NEVER seen it. Not once. Not even close. I have seen it with women but never based on race. EVER.

1/24/2018 9:25 AM
Problem with you and Taint is you don't listen. You just preach.
1/24/2018 9:25 AM
I listen, but my bullshit meter is really good. All those years of tending bar and managing people have made me very sensitive to bullshit. You sir, like to toss out a lot of bullshit. There's nothing wrong with that....it's crazy how many do. I do call people on it when I see it though. Brewery owners hate me sometimes.
1/24/2018 9:31 AM
and you really think we're the one's preaching? Hahaha. You should go back and read some of your diatribes and look at it with an open mind on who's really preaching. There's a 96 next to your post count for the last 24 hours. That's MikeT-esque.
1/24/2018 9:34 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/24/2018 9:25:00 AM (view original):
No I based my opinion on my 20 years of working in the corporate world, nine years of coaching basketball and four years of serving on a college board. I have NEVER seen it. Not once. Not even close. I have seen it with women but never based on race. EVER.

Institutional racism isn't a conspjracy to keep black people out anymore. It is unintentional but based on stereotypes. So when you say that you have never seen it, you won't see it. But big picture it exists. Between an equally qualified black person and white person the white one will earn more.
1/24/2018 9:35 AM
Posted by The Taint on 1/24/2018 9:31:00 AM (view original):
I listen, but my bullshit meter is really good. All those years of tending bar and managing people have made me very sensitive to bullshit. You sir, like to toss out a lot of bullshit. There's nothing wrong with that....it's crazy how many do. I do call people on it when I see it though. Brewery owners hate me sometimes.
You are dead wrong. Sorry.

I swear on my kids I have NEVER seen anything. EVER.
1/24/2018 9:38 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/24/2018 9:38:00 AM (view original):

I believe you. I don't believe that you not seeing anything means that it does not exist.
1/24/2018 9:39 AM
Posted by tangplay on 1/24/2018 9:35:00 AM (view original):

Institutional racism isn't a conspjracy to keep black people out anymore. It is unintentional but based on stereotypes. So when you say that you have never seen it, you won't see it. But big picture it exists. Between an equally qualified black person and white person the white one will earn more.
Wait so now I have to take it on Faith? Well then there goes that debate. LOL

So how do you fix it then if you cannot see it and it is so covert? We are actually getting somewhere now.
1/24/2018 9:39 AM
Posted by tangplay on 1/24/2018 9:39:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/24/2018 9:38:00 AM (view original):

I believe you. I don't believe that you not seeing anything means that it does not exist.
Well don't forget I an atheist. I need to see it to believe it. And there are few if any people who despise racism more than I do.
1/24/2018 9:40 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/24/2018 9:39:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 1/24/2018 9:35:00 AM (view original):

Wait so now I have to take it on Faith? Well then there goes that debate. LOL

So how do you fix it then if you cannot see it and it is so covert? We are actually getting somewhere now.
You don't. Look at the statistics I posted.

Well, in the case of police you insert a required class that will teach them to be unbiased and not use stereotypes, and you have them wear body cameras.
1/24/2018 9:41 AM
Do you agree that if someone is racist you cannot make them not be racist? I mean if people hate Jews there is nothing I can do to change their mind. And I am fine with that. BTW I personally have faced racism and bigotry.

1/24/2018 9:45 AM
Posted by The Taint on 1/24/2018 9:34:00 AM (view original):
and you really think we're the one's preaching? Hahaha. You should go back and read some of your diatribes and look at it with an open mind on who's really preaching. There's a 96 next to your post count for the last 24 hours. That's MikeT-esque.
Thanks
1/24/2018 9:45 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/24/2018 9:45:00 AM (view original):
Do you agree that if someone is racist you cannot make them not be racist? I mean if people hate Jews there is nothing I can do to change their mind. And I am fine with that. BTW I personally have faced racism and bigotry.

You don't put those people in a position of power. You don't make them policemen.
1/24/2018 9:46 AM
Posted by tangplay on 1/24/2018 9:46:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/24/2018 9:45:00 AM (view original):

You don't put those people in a position of power. You don't make them policemen.
Except you don't know that they are racist as they are covert about it. Aka they lie. Once on the force their powerful unions protect them.

Would you be OK disbanding all unions?
1/24/2018 9:53 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...20 Next ▸
REAL Institutional Racism Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.