REAL Institutional Racism Topic

Posted by bad_luck on 12/19/2018 9:56:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 12/18/2018 10:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 12/18/2018 9:15:00 PM (view original):
I know people that changed their minds because of Pizzagate, yes.
Seriously? LOL

I concede. I think only those with the weakest of constitutions fall for political commercials.
It’s not that they “fall for it” and change their minds. They get bombarded with a marketing message over and over again and, after a while, that message becomes reality in their mind.

It’s how people believe that Fast and Furious was some sort of scandal or that Clinton was responsible for Benghazi.
But the Fast and the Furious didn't hurt Obama. Benghazi did happen. Whether or not its Clinton's fault is the subjective part. The people who fought there, blamed her...doesn't mean it was her fault but still its poignant.
12/19/2018 10:03 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 12/19/2018 10:03:00 AM (view original):
Seriously? LOL

I concede. I think only those with the weakest of constitutions fall for political commercials.
It’s not that they “fall for it” and change their minds. They get bombarded with a marketing message over and over again and, after a while, that message becomes reality in their mind.

It’s how people believe that Fast and Furious was some sort of scandal or that Clinton was responsible for Benghazi.
But the Fast and the Furious didn't hurt Obama. Benghazi did happen. Whether or not its Clinton's fault is the subjective part. The people who fought there, blamed her...doesn't mean it was her fault but still its poignant.
You’re missing the point. Everyone is susceptible to propaganda. It’s how Fox News stays in business.
12/19/2018 10:11 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 12/19/2018 10:11:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 12/19/2018 10:03:00 AM (view original):
Seriously? LOL

You’re missing the point. Everyone is susceptible to propaganda. It’s how Fox News stays in business.
We are discussing commercials not propaganda, correct? Funny about Fox News...you could say the same about CNN. It would be better if Fox just admitted they are not fair and balanced and lean to the right and CNN the same but lean to the left.

Regardless, those PAC sponsored ads IMO only impact a tiny % of persons. HRC spent way more than Trump and still lost for example. These days with social media and such I think those ads are just not very impactful. But you're right, I am speaking for myself and there may be others who are impacted. I am curious if anyone on this site has ever been persuaded to vote a certain way because of political ad campaigns.
12/19/2018 10:21 AM
Political ads are propaganda.

Where do you think a lot of those ads appeared? Low cost social media. Also, most weren't even ads. They were fake accounts posting youtube videos and facebook memes.
12/19/2018 1:26 PM
Only 77,000 votes in Wisconsin, PA, and Michigan combined needed to be swayed
12/19/2018 1:41 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 12/19/2018 1:26:00 PM (view original):

Where do you think a lot of those ads appeared? Low cost social media. Also, most weren't even ads. They were fake accounts posting youtube videos and facebook memes.
I am not on social media sans LinkedIn, so we just aren't on the same page. I thought you meant TV ads with the stupid "I approve this message" mantra.
12/19/2018 3:32 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 12/19/2018 3:32:00 PM (view original):

I am not on social media sans LinkedIn, so we just aren't on the same page. I thought you meant TV ads with the stupid "I approve this message" mantra.
How would the Russians run a bunch of TV ads personally and publicly approved by Trump???

They didn't. The used social media. They advertised on social media and they organized a campaign using fake accounts to influence people.

It wasn't the only reason Clinton lost (Comey reopening the investigation, poor campaign strategy, the decision by the DOJ to not go public with the Trump investigation, a candidate who struggled with likability, all played a role), but it certainly was a factor.
12/19/2018 4:02 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 12/19/2018 4:02:00 PM (view original):

How would the Russians run a bunch of TV ads personally and publicly approved by Trump???

They didn't. The used social media. They advertised on social media and they organized a campaign using fake accounts to influence people.

It wasn't the only reason Clinton lost (Comey reopening the investigation, poor campaign strategy, the decision by the DOJ to not go public with the Trump investigation, a candidate who struggled with likability, all played a role), but it certainly was a factor.
Do you have a link to any of these online ads by chance?
12/19/2018 5:01 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 12/19/2018 5:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 12/19/2018 4:02:00 PM (view original):

Do you have a link to any of these online ads by chance?
Here's a few:

12/19/2018 6:22 PM
◂ Prev 1...18|19|20
REAL Institutional Racism Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.