REAL Institutional Racism Topic

Posted by tangplay on 1/24/2018 11:11:00 AM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 1/24/2018 10:35:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 1/24/2018 9:35:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/24/2018 9:25:00 AM (view original):
No I based my opinion on my 20 years of working in the corporate world, nine years of coaching basketball and four years of serving on a college board. I have NEVER seen it. Not once. Not even close. I have seen it with women but never based on race. EVER.

Institutional racism isn't a conspjracy to keep black people out anymore. It is unintentional but based on stereotypes. So when you say that you have never seen it, you won't see it. But big picture it exists. Between an equally qualified black person and white person the white one will earn more.
I searched income per race across different industries. It looks like the pay is very equal. Whites earned more in low skill jobs per hour, but blacks and hispanics are more likely to be offered insurance and benefits in these jobs. The stats didn't reflect your argument. The discrepancy in education has to do with education. Whites are outpacing blacks and hispanics by a significant margin with college degrees. I think we can all admit that college is readily available to everyone.

A quick story. My best friend all the way through HS was a black kid with no father in the picture. He was a superb athlete. He signed a FB scholarship with a JuCo in California. Decided not to go because it was too far from home. Understandable. I got him a workout at the college that I was playing baseball at with the basketball coach. Coach liked him and offered him. My mom was going to help him with the application, financial aid, and anything else he needed. He never even began the application process. I see him from time to time and he has lived a rough life.

Moral of of the story is that opportunity is there. ITS ALL ABOUT PERSONAL CHOICE!!!
Black people are pushed into different industries than white people are. And college degrees are not somewhat equal.
I can't help you. You have an excuse for everything.
1/24/2018 11:35 AM
CORRECT!
1/24/2018 11:36 AM
Posted by strikeout26 on 1/24/2018 11:35:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 1/24/2018 11:11:00 AM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 1/24/2018 10:35:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 1/24/2018 9:35:00 AM (view original):
No I based my opinion on my 20 years of working in the corporate world, nine years of coaching basketball and four years of serving on a college board. I have NEVER seen it. Not once. Not even close. I have seen it with women but never based on race. EVER.

Institutional racism isn't a conspjracy to keep black people out anymore. It is unintentional but based on stereotypes. So when you say that you have never seen it, you won't see it. But big picture it exists. Between an equally qualified black person and white person the white one will earn more.
I searched income per race across different industries. It looks like the pay is very equal. Whites earned more in low skill jobs per hour, but blacks and hispanics are more likely to be offered insurance and benefits in these jobs. The stats didn't reflect your argument. The discrepancy in education has to do with education. Whites are outpacing blacks and hispanics by a significant margin with college degrees. I think we can all admit that college is readily available to everyone.

A quick story. My best friend all the way through HS was a black kid with no father in the picture. He was a superb athlete. He signed a FB scholarship with a JuCo in California. Decided not to go because it was too far from home. Understandable. I got him a workout at the college that I was playing baseball at with the basketball coach. Coach liked him and offered him. My mom was going to help him with the application, financial aid, and anything else he needed. He never even began the application process. I see him from time to time and he has lived a rough life.

Moral of of the story is that opportunity is there. ITS ALL ABOUT PERSONAL CHOICE!!!
Black people are pushed into different industries than white people are. And college degrees are not somewhat equal.
I can't help you. You have an excuse for everything.
Look, we have two options:
1. Black people are worse than white people
2. There is institutional racism.

I am not making excuses at all. Just admit that institutional racism exists.
1/24/2018 11:42 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/24/2018 9:45:00 AM (view original):
Do you agree that if someone is racist you cannot make them not be racist? I mean if people hate Jews there is nothing I can do to change their mind. And I am fine with that. BTW I personally have faced racism and bigotry.

see senator Robert Byrd
1/24/2018 11:46 AM
Byrd is Jewish?
1/24/2018 12:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg9tMcKV88k
1/24/2018 2:22 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/24/2018 8:53:00 AM (view original):
I addressed tangy's initial claim 1000x times.

In the US people get a fair shot despite race/creed/gender/color. At least everywhere I have worked they have. I sit on the board of a major top 40 school and the same goes there. Actually we skew more toward females now. So I have NEVER seen it in person. Now I live in a very liberal state, I admit.

So I don't see what Taint and Tangy are claiming to be true. I have asked my African American friends and they have not seen it either. One lives in NY, two live in MA with me. Two work at large corporations and one works for the Government. So I just don't see what you are preaching. I am sorry.
cccp, you can't possibly know what African Americans experience here since you are not African American. Yes, you (and I) have experienced anti-Semitism because we are Jewish, but I'll be the first to admit I have no idea what it is like to be African American in America. It's not the same. I don't know what you look like, but when people look at me I don't think they automatically think "he's Jewish". They may think "he looks Jewish" but they won't know. I've also been told I look Italian and believe it or not, Native American. You look at an African American and you pretty much know he is an African American.
1/24/2018 6:42 PM

you've never seen a live dinosaur either. Does that mean they did not exist?
1/24/2018 6:44 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/24/2018 11:22:00 AM (view original):
I asked Bad Luck what his solution was and he told me to F off. He just wants to complain. I think I am all set with the LEFT.
Judging any group of people based on your interactions with bad_luck is a mistake.
1/24/2018 6:47 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 1/24/2018 6:42:00 PM (view original):

In the US people get a fair shot despite race/creed/gender/color. At least everywhere I have worked they have. I sit on the board of a major top 40 school and the same goes there. Actually we skew more toward females now. So I have NEVER seen it in person. Now I live in a very liberal state, I admit.

So I don't see what Taint and Tangy are claiming to be true. I have asked my African American friends and they have not seen it either. One lives in NY, two live in MA with me. Two work at large corporations and one works for the Government. So I just don't see what you are preaching. I am sorry.
cccp, you can't possibly know what African Americans experience here since you are not African American. Yes, you (and I) have experienced anti-Semitism because we are Jewish, but I'll be the first to admit I have no idea what it is like to be African American in America. It's not the same. I don't know what you look like, but when people look at me I don't think they automatically think "he's Jewish". They may think "he looks Jewish" but they won't know. I've also been told I look Italian and believe it or not, Native American. You look at an African American and you pretty much know he is an African American.
Good point. I also think stereotypes have something to do with it.
1/24/2018 6:55 PM
LOL. I had a deep thought but Tangy made me lose it..............
1/24/2018 7:05 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 1/24/2018 7:05:00 PM (view original):
LOL. I had a deep thought but Tangy made me lose it..............
I wish I knew what it was like to have a deep thought.
1/24/2018 8:19 PM

People don't need to see you of you have a Jewish name.

Ari Weinstein = Jewish. So they see an email and immediately know. They usually cannot tell your race by your name.

Jayson Tatum could be anything. Jackie Bradley could be anything. James White could be anything.
1/25/2018 9:37 AM

Ari Weinstein = Jewish. So they see an email and immediately know. They usually cannot tell your race by your name.

Jayson Tatum could be anything. Jackie Bradley could be anything. James White could be anything.
1/25/2018 9:37 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/25/2018 9:37:00 AM (view original):

But most institutional racism (At least what I am saying) would be based on looks rather than their name, correct? Wouldn't it be that way in the case of the police?
1/25/2018 10:28 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...20 Next ▸
REAL Institutional Racism Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.