REAL Institutional Racism Topic

IDK

I think our police force is very poorly trained. At least from what I have seen. When it is dark they cannot tell who is who but they see themselves as judge, jury and executioner many a time. There are a lot of good police officers too but we mostly hear about the bad ones. I respect the job and thank them for their service but I wish they were trained better. A lot of police officers are minorities and they treat fellow minorities worse then the white officers. I have seen that firsthand.

As my dad told me when I was very young. Some of the biggest anti semites you will run into are other Jews.
1/25/2018 11:09 AM
I agree. Again, I want better training for police and body cameras. If we fix our judicial system, that should fix the problem.
1/25/2018 11:17 AM
While you're "fixing" **** how about doing something about that heavy oppressional force, gravity? It's way heavy, man.......... and you have just as much chance fixing that "heaviness" as you do fixing the "judicial" system............. :-)
Kids.
1/25/2018 11:24 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/25/2018 11:09:00 AM (view original):
IDK

I think our police force is very poorly trained. At least from what I have seen. When it is dark they cannot tell who is who but they see themselves as judge, jury and executioner many a time. There are a lot of good police officers too but we mostly hear about the bad ones. I respect the job and thank them for their service but I wish they were trained better. A lot of police officers are minorities and they treat fellow minorities worse then the white officers. I have seen that firsthand.

As my dad told me when I was very young. Some of the biggest anti semites you will run into are other Jews.
You mention something that is at the middle of my dislike for BLM and the like. They are (rightfully) sooo concerned when a white officer shoots a black man, yet they are quick to dismiss a black man shooting a white man, or even another black man, as no big deal. This is even more more true of non-officers. Black men shooting other black men happens dozens of times every day in this Country, yet they want to focus on the few times a year it's a white man shooting a black man. ALL LIVES MATTER EQUALLY - no matter who's doing the shooting, or who is getting shot. Why not focus on the problem causing many more deaths?
1/25/2018 11:25 AM
I couldn't agree more............ except I'm not sure what you are talking about in that last sentence.
The rest of it?.........You and I have found agreement.
1/25/2018 11:28 AM
Posted by laramiebob on 1/25/2018 11:28:00 AM (view original):
I couldn't agree more............ except I'm not sure what you are talking about in that last sentence.
The rest of it?.........You and I have found agreement.
The last sentence is me wondering why they don't focus more of their efforts on blacks shooting blacks.
1/25/2018 11:39 AM
Many do but that doesn't sell as well.
1/25/2018 11:47 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/25/2018 9:37:00 AM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 1/24/2018 6:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/24/2018 8:53:00 AM (view original):
I addressed tangy's initial claim 1000x times.

In the US people get a fair shot despite race/creed/gender/color. At least everywhere I have worked they have. I sit on the board of a major top 40 school and the same goes there. Actually we skew more toward females now. So I have NEVER seen it in person. Now I live in a very liberal state, I admit.

So I don't see what Taint and Tangy are claiming to be true. I have asked my African American friends and they have not seen it either. One lives in NY, two live in MA with me. Two work at large corporations and one works for the Government. So I just don't see what you are preaching. I am sorry.
cccp, you can't possibly know what African Americans experience here since you are not African American. Yes, you (and I) have experienced anti-Semitism because we are Jewish, but I'll be the first to admit I have no idea what it is like to be African American in America. It's not the same. I don't know what you look like, but when people look at me I don't think they automatically think "he's Jewish". They may think "he looks Jewish" but they won't know. I've also been told I look Italian and believe it or not, Native American. You look at an African American and you pretty much know he is an African American.
People don't need to see you of you have a Jewish name.

Ari Weinstein = Jewish. So they see an email and immediately know. They usually cannot tell your race by your name.

Jayson Tatum could be anything. Jackie Bradley could be anything. James White could be anything.
well, my name is not a giveaway either. The only way anyone would know for sure if I am Jewish is by asking me.
1/25/2018 5:45 PM
You're lucky.
1/25/2018 6:27 PM
so what if someone sees an email from you and knows your Jewish? What can they do? Not read your email?
1/25/2018 7:06 PM
They can say...no thanks we won’t call you for an interview.

Duh

wylie, what do you think of Ben Shapiro?
1/25/2018 9:51 PM
More Jewish people get turned down based on emails than black people do based on their skin color? This is (fake) news to me.
1/25/2018 10:15 PM
It is impossible to document but if a resume comes in and the name is Alan Weinstein then people know that person is Jewish immediately and may turn them down, yes. Do you think that never happens? Logically?
1/26/2018 10:23 AM
I think racial discrimination based on skin color happens much more often than discrimination based on name. I also would be willing to bet that there are more racists than antisemites in the US. Obviously it happens but it probably doesn't happen very often.
1/26/2018 10:31 AM
What were the Alt Right marchers chanting in VA?

1/26/2018 10:33 AM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...20 Next ▸
REAL Institutional Racism Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.