Will an acquired player sign an extension? Topic

It's been a few years since I've played HBD, but I'm giving it another go. Unfortunately, I've forgotten a lot of the minutiae.

I'm in a league that is currently awaiting a few owners, so we have not yet set budget. As I am somewhat anxious to get started again, I have been shopping one of my players. I have a player that I'm interested in trading him for, but that player is only signed through the current season. However, that player is willing to sign a 4 year extension with his current team.

If I trade for him, will he also be willing to sign an extension with me? Or should I have the owner extend him prior to trading him?

1/24/2018 2:27 PM

Or should I have the owner extend him prior to trading him?

Can't hurt. I personally always ask, because it also exposes if the other owner is lying to you in order to get the deal done. They rarely are, but you never know. Protects everybody
1/24/2018 2:39 PM
If he'll sign with them he should with you--I've never seen it fail and I do lots of trading. If I were in the other owner's shoes I wouldn't sign the extension before trading.
1/24/2018 5:00 PM
Ok, has anyone seen the opposite? Having a player that won't resign with his current team but once traded is willing to sign an extension.....
1/25/2018 1:13 PM
the only time I've seen that is with a player who's gone to arbitration 3 times. he'll usually tell his current team to stick it, but if traded he can be willing to sign an extension. it's not been 100% though so I don't count on it when making that type of trade.
1/25/2018 1:22 PM
Will an acquired player sign an extension? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.