New 5 Season Franchise Progressive NEED ONE Topic

Posted by knightthorn on 2/5/2018 6:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by crippled on 2/4/2018 12:05:00 PM (view original):
I'll take Buffalo. I think taking two teams is a good idea. A five season commitment will have trouble attracting takers. May as well get people who enjoy progressive leagues and will stick with them. Probably need to stipulate that owners of two teams can't trade between their two franchises. One more thing, for the first round draft - very critical to the whole league - rather than determine the draft order randomly, you could ask managers to submit their salary total for their 15 keepers in the first season and then create a low-to-high draft order that allows the owners at the bottom of the heap draft first. It's another way to compensate for getting stuck with a struggling franchise.
I agree. Someone ran this concept about five years ago. Several owners stacked their first two seasons, and the league died after season 3.
you can see if wis will offer 4 seasons for the price of 5. that way- if someone bails- the remaining seasons will be paid for
2/5/2018 8:46 PM
I can take a 2nd team also
2/6/2018 2:37 PM
I will also take a second team, if needed.
2/6/2018 3:24 PM
Me too
2/6/2018 6:10 PM
Washington Capitals
2/6/2018 9:18 PM
Can I have the NY Rangers please
2/6/2018 10:41 PM
Chicago

Pittsburg
2/7/2018 4:21 PM (edited)
Posted by knightthorn on 2/5/2018 6:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by crippled on 2/4/2018 12:05:00 PM (view original):
I'll take Buffalo. I think taking two teams is a good idea. A five season commitment will have trouble attracting takers. May as well get people who enjoy progressive leagues and will stick with them. Probably need to stipulate that owners of two teams can't trade between their two franchises. One more thing, for the first round draft - very critical to the whole league - rather than determine the draft order randomly, you could ask managers to submit their salary total for their 15 keepers in the first season and then create a low-to-high draft order that allows the owners at the bottom of the heap draft first. It's another way to compensate for getting stuck with a struggling franchise.
I agree. Someone ran this concept about five years ago. Several owners stacked their first two seasons, and the league died after season 3.
As I look at things, Montreal, Edmonton, NYI, and Boston are going to be in a league of their own. There's no way a New Jersey or a Columbus will compete. To try got some parity, depending on the starting salary differentials, some teams might have to sit out the draft until the second, third or even later rounds. It will involve a little bit of graciousness and common sense, but I can see a situation where round 1 of the draft is only for teams in the below 80 million range. Then round 2 could add in the 80-90 million starting range teams. Round 3 could add the 90-100 mil teams (and so on). A basement team would be selecting 3 to 5 times before the dynasty teams get a turn. When your roster is full you drop out and the others keep going.
2/16/2018 11:21 PM (edited)
The divisions will be realigned on the basis of the order of teams reserved. One conference will have the higher salary teams. This will help the lesser salary teams compete for the Stanley Cup.
2/8/2018 11:32 PM
hockeyhead; taybaijor; bradpark22; poddy; sakabakbrg; alanasdad; wininie; the_skipper; millz; tkconcrete; knightthorn; crippled; tractorjack; mattcarriere; warrior0510; jmerch; fatboydad54; lupah99
2/9/2018 7:54 PM (edited)
We need 6 more owners. Franchise available:

Toronto Maple Leafs

Vancouver Canucks
Winnipeg Jets-Phoenix Coyotes
Hartford Whalers-Carolina Hurricanes
Tampa Bay Lightning
Ottawa Senators (new)
San Jose Sharks
Florida Panthers
Anaheim Ducks
Minnesota Wild
Columbus Blue Jackets
Nashville Predators
Atlanta Thrashers-Winnipeg Jets

Defunct Franchises
New York Americans-Brooklyn Americans 1925-42
Montreal Maroons 1924-38
Ottawa Senators-St. Louis Eagles 1917-34
Quebec BullDogs-Hamilton Tigers 1919-25
2/9/2018 7:56 PM
I could take Toronto as 2nd team
2/10/2018 6:00 AM
Come on guys, The second conference won't have the dynasty teams. It'll be competitive.

Possible 2nd team owners, alanasdad, the_skipper, taybaijor, wininie.
2/13/2018 6:12 AM (edited)
Lightning for second team.
2/13/2018 8:26 AM
I’ll take my hometown team, Canucks.

Does this fill the league?
2/13/2018 12:12 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
New 5 Season Franchise Progressive NEED ONE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.