New 5 Season Franchise Progressive NEED ONE Topic

I'll grab Hartford/Carolina
2/13/2018 2:49 PM
Need 1
2/14/2018 6:52 AM
I'll take Anaheim as a second team. Going to surf the bottom of the standings.
2/15/2018 10:18 PM
Posted by crippled on 2/15/2018 10:18:00 PM (view original):
I'll take Anaheim as a second team. Going to surf the bottom of the standings.
warrior0510 sitemailed me with Anaheim earlier Thursday. Are you interested in another team?
2/16/2018 10:33 AM
In.
2/16/2018 1:14 PM
Ottawa for now.
2/16/2018 1:19 PM
Hey. Just researched rosters for the teams left and as much as I love these types of leagues, with no cap or other restrictions the teams left are cellar dwellers. They just can't compete at all. Next time. Best of luck with this league!
2/16/2018 1:38 PM
Kiteport has a point. I'd do Ottawa if you allow me to add in the old timers. That would give me a few more forwards and a fighting chance, comparable to some of the original six and modern dynasty teams. As compensation for the late rule change, I could go somewhere in the bottom half of the draft at your discretion.
2/16/2018 6:45 PM
Hi guys, I'd like to keep this an exclusive franchise league with all teams being able to compete.

We could have had a draft to pick franchises once we had 24 different owners but I don't think we would have ever filled that way.

It's been mentioned by sitemail and in the forum that the lesser franchises be given extra picks in the first draft. I could let the bottom teams pick 2 for every 1 the top teams pick.

My question is, if I do that, should realignment stay the same as I have posted in the forum?

Answer this question in the forum thread, also please go to your team centers and use an open or exhibition team to draft6 your roster. Copy and paste to the forum.

I want to get an idea of the payroll of different teams.

Thanks.
2/16/2018 7:49 PM
Hey. If something can be worked out, I would be interested.

1. Why is there a draft if we can only use players exclusive to our franchises? Gretzky doesn't even have Blues' years in the SIM. And who want those Rangers' seasons? Just curious.
2. It seems that only a few teams have a chance every season like Canadiens, Oilers, Islanders, Rangers, Kings. A couple of others. The rest couldn't compete with those teams.

Just thoughts. Even with a salary cap, a team like Jets or Sens or Ducks or Sharks will get crushed.

These are tricky leagues. I did one a long time ago. A lot of guys bailed when they realized they didn't have a chance. Again, I would like to be a part of these types of leagues. There's gotta be a way to even out the playing field.

Cheers!
2/16/2018 10:54 PM
I think you should get the 1st season salaries for the 15 exclusive players from each franchise to start, and use that to figure out how to use the draft to make things more equitable. Make that the focus first.

Later you can realign the teams into well matched divisions once you see the final totals for 23 players.
2/17/2018 2:53 PM (edited)
Maybe we could take only 12 franchise players and add new rule with the fact we have to keep each season at least 12 franchise players?
2/17/2018 7:56 AM
Detroit - Salary of 9F, 4D, and 2G = $96 441 000
2/17/2018 9:56 AM
HArtford/Carolina - Salary of 9F, 4D, and 2G = 67 245 000
2/17/2018 12:32 PM
Wouldn’t the simplest solution be a salary cap? Even a high cap would help. Things should balance out with the weaker teams picking high and everyone staying under a cap. My La team for example would need to be careful drafting expensive players. This would leave more expensive players available for other teams.

allowing trades could also help things from getting stale.
2/17/2018 12:45 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
New 5 Season Franchise Progressive NEED ONE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.