Gameplanning with pen and paper? Topic

There was a post on here a while back where somebody mentioned that they gameplan with pen and paper, but I can't find it for the life of me. Would be very curious about your process and if you'd be willing to share. Do you have a standardized approach? Generally about how much time you spend per game and at halftime?

I'm more of an analog guy than a digital guy so this idea appealed to me. I've done everything from generating reports of formations and play outcome probabilities in Excel based on old games (haven't done this in a long time) to nothing. I do nothing much more often and get similar W-L results. Hoping for an approach that's in between, and pen/paper sounds like a good compromise.
1/27/2018 4:04 PM
Jay9 does with D, won last two nattys at San Diego in Hayes
1/27/2018 6:43 PM
I used to do it that way now I throw up a spread sheet.
1/27/2018 9:00 PM
i used to use T-Charts when i first started. maybe i should go back to it.
1/28/2018 9:09 PM
Posted by rorisiojr on 1/27/2018 6:43:00 PM (view original):
did you also know Huskerfan58 is jay9 and has a Cal team in Hayes as well?
2/8/2019 3:17 AM
Eyeball and chicken scratch from day one.
2/8/2019 3:35 AM
Use pen and paper for recruiting. But gameplanning never needed any tools or pen and paper.
I just figure what I want to do(gonna run 55% time on this play-in or out ? dial it in and move on) and then I dial it in there.
It is so easy that I can not understand why you would need pen and paper to gameplan ?
2/8/2019 9:54 AM
Posted by matthewjohns on 2/8/2019 3:17:00 AM (view original):
Posted by rorisiojr on 1/27/2018 6:43:00 PM (view original):
did you also know Huskerfan58 is jay9 and has a Cal team in Hayes as well?
Did you know mj has 2 other accounts in Hayes D 1?? One mid west and one east coast!!! Get a life you f-ing looser!!!!
2/15/2019 12:29 AM
Posted by kas1007 on 1/27/2018 9:00:00 PM (view original):
I used to do it that way now I throw up a spread sheet.
Is Spreadsheet more efficient and can you list your own math formulas for equations? Its basically the same as going paperless I believe I still need to do paper and I got a notebook that I can use.
2/15/2019 11:15 AM
Posted by mojolad on 2/8/2019 9:54:00 AM (view original):
Use pen and paper for recruiting. But gameplanning never needed any tools or pen and paper.
I just figure what I want to do(gonna run 55% time on this play-in or out ? dial it in and move on) and then I dial it in there.
It is so easy that I can not understand why you would need pen and paper to gameplan ?
I would totally put my efforts into learning Bulk recruiting and keeping tabs on a spreadsheet. You use pen and paper to game plan and to tab recruits.
2/15/2019 3:42 PM
Gameplanning with pen and paper? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.