Cleveland Indigenous Americans Topic

If they're getting rid of the Chief Wahoo logo, why aren't they getting rid of the name as well?

Isn't the word "Indian" supposed to be offensive to Native Americans?

The stupidity of political correctness.
1/29/2018 7:13 PM
It all comes down to this Tec: MLB Properties. They'll get rid of the cartoon face, but they ain't changing that name. It'd cost them money.
1/29/2018 7:33 PM
It's a good thing Blackbeard and his cohorts weren't native to the U.S. or else I'd have to watch the Pittsburgh Steamboat Captains or something like that.
1/29/2018 8:24 PM
Typical white leftists. Telling everyone else what’s supposed to be racist. And when 9 out of 10 native Americans didn’t think “Redskins” was offensive, well they’re just too stupid to understand.
1/29/2018 9:13 PM
Screw you racist bastards. Me and my Native American brethren will band together and begin taking scalps when we've had enough.

You lily white ******* keep worrying about the black man. Us Native Americans will take you in your sleep and reclaim our land.
1/29/2018 10:40 PM
Atlanta Chickens?
1/29/2018 10:48 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/29/2018 10:40:00 PM (view original):
Screw you racist bastards. Me and my Native American brethren will band together and begin taking scalps when we've had enough.

You lily white ******* keep worrying about the black man. Us Native Americans will take you in your sleep and reclaim our land.
Preach! **** Whitey!
1/29/2018 11:05 PM
Cleveland Indigians is a good idea

could not possibly be offensive but miney will find a way

Chief Hoohaw
1/30/2018 3:18 AM (edited)
Just more Liberal idiocy. Do they think teams pick mascots that represent weakness? They are selected because they represent strength, or speed, or some other good quality. It is a compliment.
As mentioned, is Pirates offensive? What about Mariners, or Rangers? How about Patriots, Cowboys, and the rest of the like in other sports?
Absolute BS.
1/30/2018 3:07 PM (edited)
Or 49ers, who were essentially carpetbagging opportunists (kind of like the modern venture capitalists) who came to CA for the gold.
1/30/2018 11:42 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 1/29/2018 7:13:00 PM (view original):
If they're getting rid of the Chief Wahoo logo, why aren't they getting rid of the name as well?

Isn't the word "Indian" supposed to be offensive to Native Americans?

The stupidity of political correctness.
The Chief Wahoo logo is horrible. It's a good thing they are getting rid of it. My only question is why wait a year?
1/30/2018 6:28 PM
Subjective
1/30/2018 6:32 PM
We aren't worried about some stupid logo on a hat. We should be ****** over the taking of our land and killing of our people. You sons of ******* would have enslaved us except we didn't fear pain and death like the black man.
1/30/2018 6:43 PM
That's the problem with people like bad_liberal. They think removing a logo from a uniform is doing something that actually helps resolve historic injustice. It doesn't.
1/30/2018 6:49 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/30/2018 6:49:00 PM (view original):
That's the problem with people like bad_liberal. They think removing a logo from a uniform is doing something that actually helps resolve historic injustice. It doesn't.
I didn’t not think anyone thinks removing the logo does anything to help resolve a historic injustice.
1/30/2018 7:36 PM
1|2|3...38 Next ▸
Cleveland Indigenous Americans Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.