Posted by cccp1014 on 2/6/2018 10:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 2/6/2018 10:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/6/2018 10:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 2/6/2018 10:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/6/2018 10:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 2/6/2018 10:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/6/2018 10:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 2/6/2018 10:04:00 PM (view original):
You just summarized what makes you ignorant in this little conversation.
This happens every time:
1. You make a bold claim fitting your narrative.
2. Your claim gets disproven multiple times.
3. You move to ad hominem, trying to take away your opponent's right to an opinion.
4. You change the subject, only to bring it back up again later making the same ignorant point again.

And so the cycle continues.

You didn't know the difference between an opinion and a fact and you claim to be a journalist...should I continue?
Uhh we agreed. Opinions cannot be wrong. We agreed on that. So, sure, continue on.
Agreed, after you argued against it. Want me to ask wylie to confirm?

So are you pro choice or pro life, Capt. Christianity?
Yes. I changed my opinion. I am allowed to do that. It is actually a good thing to be able to do, you know. And it isn't like that makes me uninformed. Who really thinks about the difference between a fact and an opinion?

I already answered. I am moderate. Legalize first trimester, only with special doctorate permission after that.
Not very Christian of you. Killing babies. Hypocrite.
When did Jesus talk about abortion? Can you cite that in the bible? Abortion is not 'killing babies'. Goes back to what I have been saying. Continue arguing like Hitler.
If you are a pacifist how can you be OK with killing babies?
It is not killing babies. Fetuses are not babies.
2/6/2018 10:26 PM
When does life begin? Actually I agree with you. Now I am being a troll. At least I admit it. He he.
2/6/2018 10:27 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 2/6/2018 10:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 2/6/2018 10:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 2/6/2018 10:17:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, I could 2 give ***** what they name sports teams. It's the fact that leagues want to pander to the minority. It has really shown itself with the NFL and ratings are in the basement. Adam Silver is the only commish with a pair and the NBA is thriving.

To address your 2nd paragraph, the left lost credibility because they whine about so many things. When you whine about everything, society stops listening.

I draw the line at Redskins though. It is a slur, and natives find it offensive. I am not ok with a team called the Jew Bastards either. And don't be an idiot, the NFL ratings decline is a variety of factors. This is not one of them. And your complaints should be mostly to Adam Silver. Banning Donald Sterling? He is PANDERING, I tells ya!
The NFL ratings dive has to do with the fact that 14% fewer white males are following it. This didn't recognize who their base is.
And this cannot be in any way due to a variety of other factors?
2/6/2018 10:27 PM
Posted by tangplay on 2/6/2018 10:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/6/2018 10:23:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, I could 2 give ***** what they name sports teams. It's the fact that leagues want to pander to the minority. It has really shown itself with the NFL and ratings are in the basement. Adam Silver is the only commish with a pair and the NBA is thriving.

To address your 2nd paragraph, the left lost credibility because they whine about so many things. When you whine about everything, society stops listening.

I draw the line at Redskins though. It is a slur, and natives find it offensive. I am not ok with a team called the Jew Bastards either. And don't be an idiot, the NFL ratings decline is a variety of factors. This is not one of them. And your complaints should be mostly to Adam Silver. Banning Donald Sterling? He is PANDERING, I tells ya!
Your line drawing is subjective. What about the Atlanta Braves? NY Yankees? Could be offensive to Southerners.

Sterling was a bad owner, he was just looking for an excuse to shoot him.

NFL ratings declined due to terrible match ups more than anything. Imagine if it was a Philly vs. Jax SB? No one sans the gamblers would watch. Well gamblers, Philly fans and Jax fans. All 60 of them.
Braves and Yankees are not slurs. And I have seen no one of note complaining about it. If NATIVES DO NOT LIKE THE TERM REDSKINS, THEN WE SHOULD NOT USE IT TO NAME OUR SPORTS FRANCHISE!

OK, but the point was that 'pandering to minorities' is bad, right? Apparantly?

I agree. Wide variety of factors.
Southerners call us Yanks all the time. I find it offensive.

I actually have no idea where the Redskins moniker came from. Would you educate me please?
2/6/2018 10:28 PM

Your line drawing is subjective. What about the Atlanta Braves? NY Yankees? Could be offensive to Southerners.

NFL ratings declined due to terrible match ups more than anything. Imagine if it was a Philly vs. Jax SB? No one sans the gamblers would watch. Well gamblers, Philly fans and Jax fans. All 60 of them.
Braves and Yankees are not slurs. And I have seen no one of note complaining about it. If NATIVES DO NOT LIKE THE TERM REDSKINS, THEN WE SHOULD NOT USE IT TO NAME OUR SPORTS FRANCHISE!

It's stupid when you're running a business. Now if you can pander to the minority while not alienating your base then you are a business genius.

I hope you're smart enough to realize that by minority, I am not talking race.
2/6/2018 10:29 PM
Posted by tangplay on 2/6/2018 10:27:00 PM (view original):

The NFL ratings dive has to do with the fact that 14% fewer white males are following it. This didn't recognize who their base is.
Of course it can. I never said that it couldn't, but ratings started plummeting when players started kneeling. It was, at minimum, icing on the cake. Goodell had been doing a bad job well before all of that started, but by taking the middle ground on that issue, he really devastated the league.

i think another issue that's hurting the league, and is for the most part unavoidable, is all of the serious injuries.
2/6/2018 10:32 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/6/2018 10:28:00 PM (view original):

I actually have no idea where the Redskins moniker came from. Would you educate me please?
Redskin is literally a dictionary defined racial slur making fun of red skinned indians.
2/6/2018 10:33 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 2/6/2018 10:29:00 PM (view original):

It's stupid when you're running a business. Now if you can pander to the minority while not alienating your base then you are a business genius.

I hope you're smart enough to realize that by minority, I am not talking race.
I mean, yeah, we can obviously see the effects of that when looking at something like NASCAR. But is the NFL really doing that?
2/6/2018 10:34 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 2/6/2018 10:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 2/6/2018 10:27:00 PM (view original):

Of course it can. I never said that it couldn't, but ratings started plummeting when players started kneeling. It was, at minimum, icing on the cake. Goodell had been doing a bad job well before all of that started, but by taking the middle ground on that issue, he really devastated the league.

i think another issue that's hurting the league, and is for the most part unavoidable, is all of the serious injuries.
Injuries I think were way bigger a factor.
2/6/2018 10:35 PM
I don't want to continue this much longer because it's getting off topic again, but yes, a lot of the NFL's base, myself included, found the kneeling very offensive. It has most certainly done this.
2/6/2018 10:36 PM
According to a USA Today poll, kneeling was number 1 cause and injuries were number 2. I don't think it was solely the disrespect factor. When I watch sports, I want it to be apolitical. I get enough of that nonsense on a daily basis. Sports are supposed to be an escape. When sports and politics collide, fair weather fans lose interest.
2/6/2018 10:41 PM
Fair enough.
2/6/2018 11:00 PM

What about the Ottawa Oven Dodgers?
Or the Green Bay Goyims?

Or Shekelstein the greedy Jew bag?
2/6/2018 11:29 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/6/2018 10:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 2/6/2018 10:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/6/2018 10:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 2/6/2018 10:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/6/2018 10:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 2/6/2018 10:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/6/2018 10:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 2/6/2018 10:04:00 PM (view original):
You just summarized what makes you ignorant in this little conversation.
This happens every time:
1. You make a bold claim fitting your narrative.
2. Your claim gets disproven multiple times.
3. You move to ad hominem, trying to take away your opponent's right to an opinion.
4. You change the subject, only to bring it back up again later making the same ignorant point again.

And so the cycle continues.

You didn't know the difference between an opinion and a fact and you claim to be a journalist...should I continue?
Uhh we agreed. Opinions cannot be wrong. We agreed on that. So, sure, continue on.
Agreed, after you argued against it. Want me to ask wylie to confirm?

So are you pro choice or pro life, Capt. Christianity?
Yes. I changed my opinion. I am allowed to do that. It is actually a good thing to be able to do, you know. And it isn't like that makes me uninformed. Who really thinks about the difference between a fact and an opinion?

I already answered. I am moderate. Legalize first trimester, only with special doctorate permission after that.
Not very Christian of you. Killing babies. Hypocrite.
When did Jesus talk about abortion? Can you cite that in the bible? Abortion is not 'killing babies'. Goes back to what I have been saying. Continue arguing like Hitler.
If you are a pacifist how can you be OK with killing babies?
This is why I’m down for abortion

2/6/2018 11:41 PM (edited)
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/6/2018 10:28:00 PM (view original):

No we call y'all carpetbaggers. Now keep your grubby little hands AWAY FROM MY MONEY!

2/6/2018 11:48 PM
◂ Prev 1...34|35|36|37|38 Next ▸
Cleveland Indigenous Americans Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.