Cleveland Indigenous Americans Topic

Posted by strikeout26 on 2/6/2018 10:17:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, I could 2 give ***** what they name sports teams. It's the fact that leagues want to pander to the minority. It has really shown itself with the NFL and ratings are in the basement. Adam Silver is the only commish with a pair and the NBA is thriving.

To address your 2nd paragraph, the left lost credibility because they whine about so many things. When you whine about everything, society stops listening.

I draw the line at Redskins though. It is a slur, and natives find it offensive. I am not ok with a team called the Jew Bastards either. And don't be an idiot, the NFL ratings decline is a variety of factors. This is not one of them. And your complaints should be mostly to Adam Silver. Banning Donald Sterling? He is PANDERING, I tells ya!
2/6/2018 10:20 PM
Posted by tangplay on 2/6/2018 10:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/6/2018 10:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 2/6/2018 10:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/6/2018 10:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 2/6/2018 10:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/6/2018 10:03:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 2/6/2018 10:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/6/2018 9:59:00 PM (view original):
We have never met. LOL

Your logic makes sense but I just think you are a liar so I don't believe you. Oh well. What do you care? I am just some Internet rando.

OK. So you can be a Jew and I Christian. We have clarified that. Why am I a liar? Do you have Spidey sense?
Just a hunch. I think you say what you feel like saying to fit a narrative. Which is fine.

Your rhetoric of "All real Christians are Pacifists" screams insanity. So either you are a troll or a fool.

You pick. I don't believe one word that you type.
That is dangerous. Again, you are taking away my right to have an opinion. It is one of the worst argumentation skills. I am Jewish. You obviously do not believe me, however you have no reason not to. I cannot prove this is true, unless you come up with a way I can prove it.

I am a Christian. I have a right to a BELIEF in Christianity. As you are not a Christian, I would advise you to stay out of what I believe, unless you have a reason why my belief is morally or logically wrong, in which case, state WHY! I believe that one of Jesus' core teachings was a form of pacifism.
We are on an internet site. LOL

I am just saying I don't believe you. What is so dangerous about that? Please explain.

Because your strategy, whether intentional or not, is to undermine my right to have an opinion. You do this by personally insulting my character and my beliefs, calling me a fool, a troll, and a lunatic, among other things. I have studied argumentation long enough to recognize this.
On an internet site. So what? You don't like it? Shut it off? You can have as many opinions as you like. Start a thread or 100. How am I stopping you?
OK, but the thing is that intentionally or not you are doing this. I just wanted to let you know that because it is a dangerous skill of argumentation, like whataboutism. It is used in regimes to distract from protesters, etc. Your style of argumentation was used by Hitler.
Hitler was on these sites? Well his pic was when you the "Jew" posted it, like 20x.
Posted by tangplay on 2/6/2018 10:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 2/6/2018 10:11:00 PM (view original):
To get back on topic, I caught an Indians/Reds game last May. It was in Cincinnati, but there were 3 people outside of the stadium protesting the Indians. They were all white and young. It kills me how people need a cause to protest just for the sake of protesting. What they were too stupid to realize is nobody was paying them any attention. They were simply waisting their time. These people who cry injustice about every little thing are nothing more than attention whores. They really could care less about the cause. They want to be seen and feel good about themselves.
I agree. I really don't care what a white college kid thinks on this. Show me what natives think.
Like Mike always says, at the end of the day it's about what the people that pay think. The NFL missed this and they're feeling it now.
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/6/2018 10:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 2/6/2018 10:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/6/2018 10:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 2/6/2018 10:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/6/2018 10:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 2/6/2018 10:04:00 PM (view original):
You just summarized what makes you ignorant in this little conversation.
This happens every time:
1. You make a bold claim fitting your narrative.
2. Your claim gets disproven multiple times.
3. You move to ad hominem, trying to take away your opponent's right to an opinion.
4. You change the subject, only to bring it back up again later making the same ignorant point again.

And so the cycle continues.

You didn't know the difference between an opinion and a fact and you claim to be a journalist...should I continue?
Uhh we agreed. Opinions cannot be wrong. We agreed on that. So, sure, continue on.
Agreed, after you argued against it. Want me to ask wylie to confirm?

So are you pro choice or pro life, Capt. Christianity?
Yes. I changed my opinion. I am allowed to do that. It is actually a good thing to be able to do, you know. And it isn't like that makes me uninformed. Who really thinks about the difference between a fact and an opinion?

I already answered. I am moderate. Legalize first trimester, only with special doctorate permission after that.
Not very Christian of you. Killing babies. Hypocrite.
When did Jesus talk about abortion? Can you cite that in the bible? Abortion is not 'killing babies'. Goes back to what I have been saying. Continue arguing like Hitler.
2/6/2018 10:21 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/6/2018 10:20:00 PM (view original):
We have never met. LOL

Your logic makes sense but I just think you are a liar so I don't believe you. Oh well. What do you care? I am just some Internet rando.

OK. So you can be a Jew and I Christian. We have clarified that. Why am I a liar? Do you have Spidey sense?
Just a hunch. I think you say what you feel like saying to fit a narrative. Which is fine.

Your rhetoric of "All real Christians are Pacifists" screams insanity. So either you are a troll or a fool.

That is dangerous. Again, you are taking away my right to have an opinion. It is one of the worst argumentation skills. I am Jewish. You obviously do not believe me, however you have no reason not to. I cannot prove this is true, unless you come up with a way I can prove it.

I am a Christian. I have a right to a BELIEF in Christianity. As you are not a Christian, I would advise you to stay out of what I believe, unless you have a reason why my belief is morally or logically wrong, in which case, state WHY! I believe that one of Jesus' core teachings was a form of pacifism.

I am just saying I don't believe you. What is so dangerous about that? Please explain.

Because your strategy, whether intentional or not, is to undermine my right to have an opinion. You do this by personally insulting my character and my beliefs, calling me a fool, a troll, and a lunatic, among other things. I have studied argumentation long enough to recognize this.
On an internet site. So what? You don't like it? Shut it off? You can have as many opinions as you like. Start a thread or 100. How am I stopping you?
OK, but the thing is that intentionally or not you are doing this. I just wanted to let you know that because it is a dangerous skill of argumentation, like whataboutism. It is used in regimes to distract from protesters, etc. Your style of argumentation was used by Hitler.
Hitler was on these sites? Well his pic was when you the "Jew" posted it, like 20x.
WHATABOUTISM ALERT!
2/6/2018 10:22 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/6/2018 10:20:00 PM (view original):
We have never met. LOL

WHATABOUTISM ALERT!
Yeah, I could 2 give ***** what they name sports teams. It's the fact that leagues want to pander to the minority. It has really shown itself with the NFL and ratings are in the basement. Adam Silver is the only commish with a pair and the NBA is thriving.

To address your 2nd paragraph, the left lost credibility because they whine about so many things. When you whine about everything, society stops listening.

This is for BL. I think he missed it.

Posted by strikeout26 on 2/6/2018 10:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 2/6/2018 10:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 2/6/2018 10:11:00 PM (view original):
To get back on topic, I caught an Indians/Reds game last May. It was in Cincinnati, but there were 3 people outside of the stadium protesting the Indians. They were all white and young. It kills me how people need a cause to protest just for the sake of protesting. What they were too stupid to realize is nobody was paying them any attention. They were simply waisting their time. These people who cry injustice about every little thing are nothing more than attention whores. They really could care less about the cause. They want to be seen and feel good about themselves.
I agree. I really don't care what a white college kid thinks on this. Show me what natives think.
Like Mike always says, at the end of the day it's about what the people that pay think. The NFL missed this and they're feeling it now.
Don't be ignorant. NFL ratings have nothing to do with this.
2/6/2018 10:23 PM
Posted by tangplay on 2/6/2018 10:20:00 PM (view original):

I draw the line at Redskins though. It is a slur, and natives find it offensive. I am not ok with a team called the Jew Bastards either. And don't be an idiot, the NFL ratings decline is a variety of factors. This is not one of them. And your complaints should be mostly to Adam Silver. Banning Donald Sterling? He is PANDERING, I tells ya!
Your line drawing is subjective. What about the Atlanta Braves? NY Yankees? Could be offensive to Southerners.

Sterling was a bad owner, he was just looking for an excuse to shoot him.

NFL ratings declined due to terrible match ups more than anything. Imagine if it was a Philly vs. Jax SB? No one sans the gamblers would watch. Well gamblers, Philly fans and Jax fans. All 60 of them.
Posted by strikeout26 on 2/6/2018 10:22:00 PM (view original):

This is for BL. I think he missed it.

I responded.

He didn't ban Sterling. The other owners voted him out. Silver has been extremely consistent with his decisions. He has the players and the fans respect. Hard to do.
2/6/2018 10:27 PM (edited)
Posted by tangplay on 2/6/2018 10:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/6/2018 10:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 2/6/2018 10:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/6/2018 10:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 2/6/2018 10:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/6/2018 10:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 2/6/2018 10:04:00 PM (view original):
You just summarized what makes you ignorant in this little conversation.
This happens every time:
1. You make a bold claim fitting your narrative.
2. Your claim gets disproven multiple times.
3. You move to ad hominem, trying to take away your opponent's right to an opinion.
4. You change the subject, only to bring it back up again later making the same ignorant point again.

And so the cycle continues.

You didn't know the difference between an opinion and a fact and you claim to be a journalist...should I continue?
Uhh we agreed. Opinions cannot be wrong. We agreed on that. So, sure, continue on.
Agreed, after you argued against it. Want me to ask wylie to confirm?

So are you pro choice or pro life, Capt. Christianity?
Yes. I changed my opinion. I am allowed to do that. It is actually a good thing to be able to do, you know. And it isn't like that makes me uninformed. Who really thinks about the difference between a fact and an opinion?

I already answered. I am moderate. Legalize first trimester, only with special doctorate permission after that.
Not very Christian of you. Killing babies. Hypocrite.
When did Jesus talk about abortion? Can you cite that in the bible? Abortion is not 'killing babies'. Goes back to what I have been saying. Continue arguing like Hitler.
If you are a pacifist how can you be OK with killing babies?
2/6/2018 10:24 PM

The NFL ratings dive has to do with the fact that 14% fewer white males are following it. This didn't recognize who their base is.
2/6/2018 10:25 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/6/2018 10:23:00 PM (view original):

Your line drawing is subjective. What about the Atlanta Braves? NY Yankees? Could be offensive to Southerners.

Sterling was a bad owner, he was just looking for an excuse to shoot him.

NFL ratings declined due to terrible match ups more than anything. Imagine if it was a Philly vs. Jax SB? No one sans the gamblers would watch. Well gamblers, Philly fans and Jax fans. All 60 of them.
Braves and Yankees are not slurs. And I have seen no one of note complaining about it. If NATIVES DO NOT LIKE THE TERM REDSKINS, THEN WE SHOULD NOT USE IT TO NAME OUR SPORTS FRANCHISE!

OK, but the point was that 'pandering to minorities' is bad, right? Apparantly?

I agree. Wide variety of factors.
Posted by strikeout26 on 2/6/2018 10:23:00 PM (view original):

He didn't ban Sterling. The other owners voted him out.
Oh, yeah, right. My bad.
◂ Prev 1...33|34|35|36|37|38 Next ▸
Cleveland Indigenous Americans Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.