FISA Memo Topic

SHARYL ATTKISSON...FIRED BY CBS FOR TELLING TRUTH...WEIGHS IN

ATTKISSON: The surveillance abuses that we are now seeing are tied into I think a pattern 10 of 20 years of bad actors in the intelligence community that I’ve been told by sources have been presenting bad evidence to the FISA court, but it’s never seen, so we don’t know that, to obtain illegal warrants or warrants that would not otherwise be granted. There are other surveillance abuses that allegedly occurred. I think this is all connected. And the reason they didn’t want Donald Trump, it’s not so much his political positions and how much they hate him, he was the one guy that, once elected, they feared would come in and there and peer at what they’ve been doing the past 10 to 20 years. It’s bigger than the 2016 election.

RUSH: Interesting take. Backs up one of my concerns. The real reason Hillary had to win was to make sure nobody learned any of what we’re learning! And particularly the involvement of Obama. But she’s making the point that this is by no means the first time that law enforcement has lied or used shady practices to get a warrant to spy on people, that it may in fact be routine for 10 years or so, and that everybody’s in on it and we can’t afford to have it exposed. Ergo what we’re literally seeing here is some panic that doesn’t look like panic on the part of FBI, DOJ, Clinton, and Obama.

2/7/2018 9:01 PM
STATE DEPARTMENT LEAK....BLUMENTHAL?

GOWDY: When you hear who the source, one of the sources of that information is, you’re going to think, “Oh my gosh I’ve heard that name somewhere before. Where could it possibly have been?”

MACCALLUM: A foreign source?

GOWDY: The domestic source. And I’m trying to think how Secretary Clinton defined him. I think she said he was an old friend who emailed her from time to time.

MACCALLUM: Sidney Blumenthal?

GOWDY: That’d be really warm.

RUSH: “Sidney Blumenthal?” “That would be really warm.” So we had Sidney Blumenthal from the Obama State Department — remember, Obama wouldn’t even let her hire him. So she had to finagle him to get on a different payroll, but he’s been her side by side left-wing advisor and confidante going back to vice president days. Well, I’m sorry. First lady days. I mean, the guy would be right at home in the Politburo in the Soviet Union. Ditto his kid, Max over at Media Matters for America.

Anyway, we have a State Department source, a State Department associate of Hillary Clinton feeding information to the author of the Trump dossier.

Related Links

2/7/2018 9:05 PM
SHIFTY SCHIFF MOKED BY RUSSIANS!

Two Russian comedians prank Schiff on the phone. WE HAVE THE TAPE!

Shifty thought he was getting nude photos of TRUMP and WHORES!

Now, one of the reasons why this, to me, has a bit of relevance, Adam Schiff, like many in the Drive-By Media, have called Donald Trump Jr. a criminal. And some have even used the word treason to Trump Jr. for trying to get dirt on Hillary. Remember when that Russian honey pot called under false premise to get a meeting with Trump and Trump Jr. She wanted Russian adoption, the Magnitsky Act, but they lied and said they had dirt from the Kremlin on Hillary.

So they took the meeting and it went 30 seconds. Jared Kushner bugs out of this thing. The point is that Adam Schiff is trying to say that Donald Trump Jr. is just a horrible, rotten guy. But Schiff was doing the same thing here. Schiff was doing the same thing. Schiff fell for a total prank, and he followed it up. Schiff looking for dirt on Trump. I guess that’s perfectly normal and legitimate. But Donald Trump Jr. being offered dirt on Hillary from the Russians, why, we can’t have that.

But here’s another thing. If Pencil Neck here, if this sanctimonious, arrogant little guy, if this guy is so gullible that he would fall for this, what else has this guy fallen for? What else does this guy believe? You know, he’s the lead investigator on the House intelligence committee, or he’s the Democrat chairman. He’s the leader of the Democrats on the committee. I don’t know if he’s the top ranking investigator himself, but he’s right up there. What else does this guy believe, what else has he been told?

Related Links

2/7/2018 9:11 PM

The Watergate scandal of 1972-74 was uncovered largely because of outraged Democratic politicians and a bulldog media. They both claimed that they had saved American democracy from the Nixon administration's attempt to warp the CIA and FBI to cover up an otherwise minor, though illegal, political break-in.

In the Iran-Contra affair of 1985-87, the media and liberal activists uncovered wrongdoing by some rogue members of the Reagan government. They warned of government overreach and of using the "Deep State" to subvert the law for political purposes.

We are now in the midst of a third great modern scandal. Members of the Obama administration's Department of Justice sought court approval for the surveillance of Carter Page, allegedly for colluding with Russian interests, and extended the surveillance three times.

But none of these government officials told the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court that the warrant requests were based on an unverified dossier that had originated as a hit piece funded in part by the Hillary Clinton campaign to smear Donald Trump during the current 2016 campaign.

Nor did these officials reveal that the author of the dossier, Christopher Steele, had already been dropped as a reliable source by the FBI for leaking to the press.

Nor did officials add that a Department of Justice official, Bruce Ohr, had met privately with Steele -- or that Ohr's wife, Nellie, had been hired to work on the dossier.

Unfortunately, such disclosures may be only the beginning of the FISA-gate scandal.

Members of the Obama administration's national security team also may have requested the names of American citizens connected with the Trump campaign who had been swept up in other FISA surveillance. Those officials may have then improperly unmasked the names and leaked them to a compliant press -- again, for apparent political purposes during a campaign.

As a result of various controversies, the deputy director of the FBI, Andrew McCabe, has resigned. Two FBI officials who had been working on special counsel Robert Mueller's team in the so-called Russia collusion probe, Lisa Page and Peter Strzok, have been reassigned for having an improper relationship and for displaying overt political biases in text messages to each other.

The new FBI director, Christopher Wray, has also reassigned the FBI's top lawyer, James Baker, who purportedly leaked the Steele dossier to a sympathetic journalist.

How does FISA-gate compare to Watergate and Iran-Contra?

Once again, an administration is being accused of politicizing government agencies to further agendas, this time apparently to gain an advantage for Hillary Clinton in the run-up to an election.

There is also the same sort of government resistance to releasing documents under the pretext of "national security."

There is a similar pattern of slandering congressional investigators and whistleblowers as disloyal and even treasonous.

There is the rationale that just as the Watergate break-in was a two-bit affair, Carter Page was a nobody.

But there is one huge (and ironic) difference. In the current FISA-gate scandal, most of the media and liberal civil libertarians are now opposing the disclosure of public documents. They are siding with those in the government who disingenuously sought surveillance to facilitate the efforts of a political campaign.

This time around, the press is not after a hated Nixon administration. Civil libertarians are not demanding accountability from a conservative Reagan team. Instead, the roles are reversed.

Barack Obama was a progressive constitutional lawyer who expressed distrust of the secretive "Deep State." Yet his administration weaponized the IRS and surveilled Associated Press communications and a Fox News journalist for reporting unfavorable news based on supposed leaks.

Obama did not fit the past stereotypes of right-wing authoritarians subverting the Department of Justice and its agencies. Perhaps that is why there was little pushback against his administration's efforts to assist the campaign of his likely replacement, fellow Democrat Hillary Clinton.

Progressives are not supposed to destroy requested emails, "acid wash" hard drives, spread unverified and paid-for opposition research among government agencies, or use the DOJ and FBI to obtain warrants to snoop on the communications of American citizens.

FISA-gate may become a more worrisome scandal than either Watergate or Iran-Contra. Why? Because our defense against government wrongdoing -- the press -- is defending such actions, not uncovering them. Liberal and progressive voices are excusing, not airing, the excesses of the DOJ and FBI.

Apparently, weaponizing government agencies to stop a detested Donald Trump by any means necessary is not really considered a crime.

2/8/2018 9:41 AM
Hey, Boris........ where you'd copy that from?? I'm positive it's NOT all your work. How about a source eh??

One simple question. Then why is it that it's TRUMP (and defenders) who are so freaked about this impending investigation and what it will reveal??
I will openly state I would have voted for Obama over Trump EVERY time I had a chance!! I'm not afraid of any investigation of anything??
Bring on the truth. Let the evidence (and Mueller) get WHOEVER is a dirty lying crook. Hell, let's hang em........... be it Obama, HRC, or your idol the Don.

I assure you I'm not sweating any bullets over it............ but it sure looks like your pal the Don is about to have a meltdown about it. Hahahaha
2/8/2018 11:35 AM (edited)
too long
2/8/2018 11:51 AM
Posted by laramiebob on 2/8/2018 11:35:00 AM (view original):
Hey, Boris........ where you'd copy that from?? I'm positive it's NOT all your work. How about a source eh??

One simple question. Then why is it that it's TRUMP (and defenders) who are so freaked about this impending investigation and what it will reveal??
I will openly state I would have voted for Obama over Trump EVERY time I had a chance!! I'm not afraid of any investigation of anything??
Bring on the truth. Let the evidence (and Mueller) get WHOEVER is a dirty lying crook. Hell, let's hang em........... be it Obama, HRC, or your idol the Don.

I assure you I'm not sweating any bullets over it............ but it sure looks like your pal the Don is about to have a meltdown about it. Hahahaha
Real Clear Politics
2/8/2018 11:52 AM
DJT is doing what exactly I wanted him to do. Melting the snowflakes. Stirring the pot. Improving the economy. Spending on the military. Standing by Israel.
2/8/2018 11:53 AM
and too boring
2/8/2018 11:53 AM
TY for sourcing Boris!
2/8/2018 12:19 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/8/2018 11:53:00 AM (view original):
DJT is doing what exactly I wanted him to do. Melting the snowflakes. Stirring the pot. Improving the economy. Spending on the military. Standing by Israel.
so marry him. I bet your wife doesn't always do exactly what you want her to do. If she's like my wife, she rarely does exactly what you want her to do.
2/8/2018 1:35 PM
Stop drinking, wylie.
2/8/2018 2:09 PM
I'd have to start first, commie
2/8/2018 2:56 PM
In that case start. That joke fell flat.
2/8/2018 3:01 PM
Uh oh...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02/08/informant-says-moscow-paid-millions-in-bid-to-influence-clinton.html
2/8/2018 5:19 PM
◂ Prev 1...24|25|26|27|28 Next ▸
FISA Memo Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.