Who do you draft.... Topic

So you're saying that I (and willsauve by proxy) should be leaving an 80 ovr pitcher in the minors for an extra season so as not to "waste a season of his prime". You're also the same guy who says if you have 70 wins and go 2-14 to finish the season you're a dirty dirty tanker. You also specifically say this to specifically willsauve, so... Can't have it both ways
2/2/2018 1:50 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/1/2018 11:08:00 AM (view original):
Posted by pjfoster13 on 2/1/2018 11:04:00 AM (view original):
If your guys don't hit free agency until 33 then you're waiting WAY too long to call them up at the beginning of their careers
Really? Dude is 20.

20-22 in the minors(2 1/2 seasons). 3 min, 2 arb, 5 LT(and that's without the bullshit "wait 20 games). Player is 32 when he hits FA and that's with the quicker call-up and without the BS 4th min season.
This is what I said. Which part is confusing you?
2/2/2018 2:23 PM
Bringing up an 80 overall guy to burn a season for nothing else and using your 40 man roster to bring up guys with 30/30 splits to go 2-14 down the stretch are entirely different things.

If you are mathimaticly eliminated from the playoffs and you go 10-10, 12-8, 8-12 no one cares. If you are a .500 team and go 3-17 that is tanking. If you are a .500 team and go 16-4 that is on you but no one cares or will give you a pat on the head.

Edit: I also don't care if owners tank after reaching the MWG. 1 - In my experience those owners often haven't had success over the long or short term anyways. 2 - This is why leagues should have a 4 year escalating MWG. 55/115/185 etc. You really put your a$$ on the line if you try to hit 55 or 60 in that first season.
2/2/2018 3:19 PM (edited)
When I draft an 18yr older I plan to bring them up between season 4-6 depending on the need... 19 yr old is 3-5, 20 is 2-4, etc... the circumstance dictates if I bring him up early, late or right on time...

for this argument, I feel that patience is an important rating rating for stud SPs.. you don’t need to plan your who;e team 10 seasons in advance buts it’s nice to know that you could have a stud SP cheap for 10-15 seasons..
2/2/2018 3:29 PM
There are a lot of factors into as to when you "should" bring a player up. Catchers and 1B, in particular, can be blocked on the roster. LH CF who aren't good enough hitters to play 1B/LF/RF can also get blocked. It's dumb to bring up a 2nd year pro if he's only marginally better than the guy he replaces.

It's just wrong to say "If your guys don't hit free agency until 33 then you're waiting WAY too long to call them up at the beginning of their careers".

I do agree with the sentiment, way too many wait too long to call players up, but there are several logical reasons why a player won't see FA until 33.
2/2/2018 3:42 PM
◂ Prev 12
Who do you draft.... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.