Tandem Starter setup Topic

I'd like to try a tandem starter rotation, I have a bunch of middling SP'ing (no true Ace) and enough LH/RH's to complete a 4-spot tandem rotation.

Any tips for this type of rotation?
Put the RH first or the LH first, or use the higher stamina pitcher first?
Thoughts to share on this?

p.s. I've tried to search the forum and haven't found much.
1/31/2018 5:37 PM
Looks like you have the basic idea down.

Good luck! Please report back what you learn :)
2/1/2018 8:03 PM
If you have the time, scout the opposite team's lineup and put your pitcher that they are weaker against first. Barring that put the leftie first. (Most owners value VsR a lot more then VsL). Other then that have fun with it. Lots of different combos to try.
2/1/2018 9:17 PM
If you have 1 starter with high Stam/Dur you could go with
SP1
T2A/B
T3A/B
T4A/B
Using this in one of my worlds. 2 of the Bs have Stam/Dur ratings just short of what is needed for a 5 man rotation. Rotation is working well for me. All I have in the bullpen is 1 LRA, 1 SetupA, 1 SetupB, 1 Closer. Only run short in the bullpen during extra inning games. Trick is figuring out the max pitch count for SP1 and the As such that they are at 100% on 3 days rest.
2/3/2018 5:00 PM
Tandem Starter setup Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.