Explain Your Coach Name Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 2/5/2018 1:01:00 PM (view original):
I have a beagle mix found in the woods. 1 of 4 rescues. Eagles cost me $525. Or maybe the Patriots cost me.
Being an eagles fan I would have bet money on them. Absolute wreaking ball of a team. They beat the Pats without Wentz, 2 other pro-bowlers, and an Ajayi in poor shape.
2/5/2018 8:39 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/3/2018 5:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by oldave on 2/3/2018 4:59:00 PM (view original):
i havent given my "dog fighting is ok by me" views very often.... but i dont know if ive ever had anyone agree with me... which is strange because my viewpoint makes perfect sense to me.

and dont even try to tell me that meat producers are all warm and fuzzy with their animals and work really hard to make sure they have a great quality of life up until the point they kill them.. thats rediculous.

and for the record, i havent and wouldnt participate in dog fighting, but i also wouldnt pierce my nipples or fast for 36 hours, or live my life without car or electricity... but thousands (millions?) of americans do each of these things... and thats cool with me. if they have some tradition of having thier dogs fight... kinda weird,... but,,, its their dog. to actually incarcerate a guy for that just boggles my mind
You do understand that there is more to dogfighting than just the fight, right?

You know, the use of bait dogs to teach them to fight. Dogs stolen out of backyards and the like.
You know, the use of drugs to strengthen the dog. Like a dog PED regimen.
You know, the mistreatment/killing of dogs that aren't good at fighting. Like slamming them on the concrete until they stop breathing. A Vick favorite.

You're not the devil. You're just stupid. How you treat those, including animals, who benefit you in no way and are weaker than you speaks to the type of person you are.
We agree on something again Mike, this is getting spooky.

I don't know that I'd go so far as to call Dave stupid though, I've been around his rants and forum posts long enough to know that he's got a pretty good head on his shoulders. The only thing I can say about this though is Dave your moral compass is all f'ed up on this one. Sorry, just calling it as I see it......from a dog lover's perspective.
2/6/2018 6:10 AM (edited)
Posted by kcsundevil on 2/3/2018 5:26:00 PM (view original):
i havent given my "dog fighting is ok by me" views very often.... but i dont know if ive ever had anyone agree with me... which is strange because my viewpoint makes perfect sense to me.

and dont even try to tell me that meat producers are all warm and fuzzy with their animals and work really hard to make sure they have a great quality of life up until the point they kill them.. thats rediculous.

and for the record, i havent and wouldnt participate in dog fighting, but i also wouldnt pierce my nipples or fast for 36 hours, or live my life without car or electricity... but thousands (millions?) of americans do each of these things... and thats cool with me. if they have some tradition of having thier dogs fight... kinda weird,... but,,, its their dog. to actually incarcerate a guy for that just boggles my mind

You know, the use of bait dogs to teach them to fight. Dogs stolen out of backyards and the like.
You know, the mistreatment/killing of dogs that aren't good at fighting. Like slamming them on the concrete until they stop breathing. A Vick favorite.

You're not the devil. You're just stupid. How you treat those, including animals, who benefit you in no way and are weaker than you speaks to the type of person you are.
We have two dogs, both rescues. One was a chihuahua who had been used as a bait dog. She was tortured, and she'll be skittish forever.

It's interesting to know there's someone here who has no problem with my chihuahua being tortured.

I also have a rescue dog. He's very friendly.....until you raise your hand even in the slightest. Then his tail droops, he backs away, and is as skittish as can possibly be. We got him when he was just past three years old and it kills me to think of how he must have been treated by his former owners. Friendliest dog in the world as long as you don't make quick movements or raise your hands or arms at all. Leads me to believe that he took many a beating at his old "home". I'd LOVE to know where his former owners live and go pay them a "visit". Maybe give them the same kind of treatment that they gave their animals (yes, he came from a whole litter that had to be rescued. Damn shame is all I can say).

Not sure who said it and I'm too tired to look it up but someone famous once said (and I'm paraphrasing), "You can tell a lot about a society by how they treat their animals". I couldn't agree more.
2/6/2018 6:03 AM

Just wanted to quote this again because Mike's last sentence is exactly on point and should be required reading for EVERYONE beginning in elementary school. Might be the best thing I've seen written in these forums in years....

Unfortunately, far, far too many people fail to subscribe to that line of thinking and that's a big reason why society as a whole is in the shape it's in. My two cents. Sorry for going off on a tangent. Back to the topic.

Emy1013. Easy one to figure out. My initials and my birthday (month/day). Dcy0827. My son's initials and birthday (month/day).
2/6/2018 6:08 AM
My name is the name of a character in my favorite movie, "Rushmore."

Are you fond of that mustache?
2/6/2018 9:45 AM
Since you guys are talking about dogs.

The dogg part of my name comes from a nickname I received in college (a very long time ago). I was like a dog. It didn't have anything to do with fighting though, but a whole lot to do with the females of our species.

2/6/2018 4:16 PM
My last name is Arfman, soooo........
2/6/2018 4:27 PM
Posted by Arfy on 2/6/2018 4:27:00 PM (view original):
My last name is Arfman, soooo........
So your full name is Arfy Arfman? That's tight...
2/6/2018 4:29 PM
How does everyone feel about amphibians?
2/6/2018 4:56 PM
Posted by hypnotoad on 2/6/2018 4:56:00 PM (view original):
How does everyone feel about amphibians?
I'm scared of tree frogs. As a child, I was accustomed to the toads and regular frogs. Then a tree frog jumped on me and stuck. I was scarred. Won't even touch a frog or toad now. Most girly thing about me. AND I'M NOT ASHAMED!!!!
2/6/2018 5:07 PM
Can't talk about dogs without me. My initials are gbm. And topdogg was my nickname amongst my friends based on things that young punks do before they grow up. I'll leave it at that.

Regarding real dogs, I'll use a statement from the past that i left behind.... I ain't sayin' nothin!
2/6/2018 5:11 PM

This was the best MikeT post I've ever read. Really well written actually.
2/6/2018 5:51 PM
Something that matters to me. EE? Don't care. RS2? Meh. Dice rolls? Blah. Amazes me that people can get worked up over a sim game but nonchalantly blow off animal cruelty.
2/6/2018 6:20 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/6/2018 6:20:00 PM (view original):
Something that matters to me. EE? Don't care. RS2? Meh. Dice rolls? Blah. Amazes me that people can get worked up over a sim game but nonchalantly blow off animal cruelty.
Good ol' Dave.
2/6/2018 6:23 PM
so then it's obvious, Oldave is evil and must be destroyed
2/6/2018 6:40 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10 Next ▸
Explain Your Coach Name Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.