Foles Topic

So, you're the Eagles. How do you tell the guy who just QBed your team to its first Super Bowl victory ever "sorry, you're not our starting QB next season"?
Do they trade Foles? Keep him in case Wentz isn't ready at the start of the season?
2/5/2018 6:49 PM
They should try to trade Foles for a 1st and a 2nd (or a 1st this year, and a 1st next year).

Then use a 3rd rounder to draft a backup.
2/5/2018 7:13 PM
I would trade him also.
2/5/2018 8:09 PM
Sell high. Foles has the most value he'll likely ever have right now.
2/5/2018 8:40 PM
Scott Mitchell
2/5/2018 9:55 PM
Sell high if they can but it’s no guarantee Wentz will be ready by training camp or Week 1.
2/7/2018 7:02 AM
plus Foles has been inconsistent. Not sure how much I'd give up for him in the hopes he can replicate what he did in the playoffs.
2/8/2018 3:00 PM
I think Foles stays in Philly, but on a new bigger and longer contract. Something like 3 years, 30 million. That gives them cover should Wentz not come back right away, get hurt, or just plain not be the same. And since Wentz is still on his rookie contract for those 3 years, it wouldn't be a cap destroyer for the Eagles.
2/8/2018 4:02 PM
That's good for the Eagles but if Foles thinks he's a starter deserving the big money, Kirk Cousins, he's not taking a back-up role.
2/8/2018 5:39 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/8/2018 5:39:00 PM (view original):
That's good for the Eagles but if Foles thinks he's a starter deserving the big money, Kirk Cousins, he's not taking a back-up role.
Everything I've read about Foles says he is a different kind of character. The type of guy that would stay as a back-up even if the thinks he can start. If the team shows him the love with a bigger longer contract, there is a very good chance he takes that money and lives a very nice life in Philly.
2/9/2018 9:10 AM
I don't ever buy "different kind of character". To make it to the NFL, you have to have an ego. And everybody wants more money.

Lynch was a "different kind of character" and fooled a lot of people. But his act was simply a cash grab. I can bump a thread if you'd like.
2/9/2018 10:43 AM
Well, if Foles is a family man and dad FIRST, and an egotistical football player second, I can see him taking a clipboard role and suborning his ego to set his family and children (and their children... and their children) up for life. Probably fewer concussions and knee problems for $10M per.... I think I could live with myself...
2/9/2018 11:32 AM
You know who was a family man and dad FIRST and an egotistical football player second? Kurt Warner. He bounced around a bit. Star in STL, took a back-up job in NY because that's what he could get and, when the opportunity to start surfaced in AZ, he didn't hesitate to uproot his family.
2/9/2018 12:51 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/9/2018 12:51:00 PM (view original):
You know who was a family man and dad FIRST and an egotistical football player second? Kurt Warner. He bounced around a bit. Star in STL, took a back-up job in NY because that's what he could get and, when the opportunity to start surfaced in AZ, he didn't hesitate to uproot his family.
We're not sure what his priorities are:
- Make $8-10M a year for three years carrying a clipboard and filling in if Wentz gets hurt again, have working knees and brain stem for longer time
- Make $18-20M a year starting for a ****** team (after all, who is looking for a QB right now?), greater risk of crippling knee injury or concussions
2/9/2018 1:02 PM
So the family and dad FIRST is out of the equation? I'm not a fan of Warner but it's hard to find a more dedicated family man and dad, IMO. He could have stayed in NY and STILL be backing up Eli if you ask me. He chose to play in AZ.
2/9/2018 1:24 PM
12 Next ▸
Foles Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.