Fan Favorite Franchise PL filled waiting list Topic

DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE TEAM? WOULD YOU LIKE THE OPPORTUNITY TO OWN YOUR FAVORITE PLAYERS FROM YOUR FAVORITE TEAM SEASON AFTER SEASON IN A PROGRESSIVE LEAGUE? CAN YOU WIN WITH THOSE PLAYERS.....PROVE IT! MLB121207

national league full......still need 4 AL: need White Sox, Athletics, Browns, and two at large unselected Al team.

JOIN THE FFFPL (FAN FAVORITE FRANCHISE PROGRESSIVE LEAGUE.)

please don't let the length of the league rules and guidelines discourage you. I try to be through and have included things from the most successful leagues I've been involved in.

SEE THE DETAILED LEAGUE RULES BELOW AND THEN SELECT YOUR TEAM.

GENERAL LEAGUE OUTLINE: FAN FAVORITE FRANCHISE PROGRESSIVE LEAGUE
A. FFFPL is a 24 team league.

1. There will be two 12 team leagues.
2. There will be no interleague play.
3. There will be no interleague trading
4. The West division of both leagues will be made up of 4 alternate teams from the opposite league.
4. a. Because there were only 16 teams in MLB in 1950 four additional AL and NL teams will be allowed to enter
4. b. These teams will be determined by the first dual sign-ups in the FFFPL.
4. c. If these alternate west division team drops a FFP that player is just gone.

B. UNIQUE RULES FOR MAKING THE FFFPL YOUR FAVORITE PROGRESSIVE LEAGUE
. FFP (Fan Favorite Players) are the nine core Franchise players from your favorite franchise.
1. a. The original nine are picked from any players on your Franchise's 1950 roster. (
same concept later if we have expansion teams)
1. b. There must always be at least 3 pitchers and 3 hitters on the roster at the season's outset.
1. c. It is possible that some rookies will be claimed by two teams....only fair to allow dual ownership when WIS had dual MLB stats.

2. Each season thereafter, an owner may select incoming rookies from their franchise.
2. a. This will happen approximately game 125.
2. b. Another FFP to be dropped must be designated at the same time for each player claimed.
2. c. There is no limit to the number an owner may add....0-9 okay.
2. d. FFP count must be at 9 prior to the draft or the owner's 1st draft selection will be dropped 6 PER INFRACTION. (
heavy penalty but the FFP is basis of league).
2. e. Once a player is traded or released he is not considered any owner's or team's FFP.

3. East and Central FFP players are added to the available players list in the opposite league.
3. a. This ensures plenty of roster talent...ie PA and IP... in both leagues.
3. b. These opposite league players are eligible until retirement for use, trade, IR, etc.

4. Select your own AAA players (and in some years roster fillers).
4. a. A random 5 year period will be selected prior to draft (ie. 40-44, 45-49, 50-54).
4. b. AAA players will number 8....6 fielders and 2 pitchers.
4. c. Any players from your franchise with in those years and have a salary less than 500k may be selected to fill AAA or final roster spots.
4. d. All AAA players will be dropped following season.
4. e. AAA may be traded.

STANDARD RULE REVIEW
C. FOLLOWING ARE SOME STANDARD RULES WE FOLLOW OR USE OPTIONS

1. Teams have 25 man rosters with additional 8 AAA players all selected through draft and AAA format.
1. a. 120 million cap
2. NO DH
3. NO WW
4. NO Live
5. NO max on eligible IR
6 Four votes are required to veto trade.
6. a. You cannot vote on trade in opposite league (NL doesn't vote on AL and vice versa)
7. Injuries on
8. YES Transaction Deadline at game 120.
9. Ball parks must match team to season.

10. Team names must include at least one recognizable trait. (ie. Bronx Bombers, NY Pinstripes, Northern Yankees, but not Flatbush Flyers)
11. Keepers are to be posted by Keeper Deadline.
11. a. Owners will be given a 48 hour notice to verify their keepers versus the available players list prior to draft startup.
11. b. if a player is left off the keeper list by an owner he cannot be reclaimed once the Keeper Deadline is passed
11. c. if a player is on a Keeper list but missed by Commissioner when removing players for the Available Players List that player may be reclaimed up until he is drafted by another team.
11. d.
SNOOZE YOU LOSE RULE if a player is selected by another team and the original team did not verify the available players list and the player is taken....Snooze You Lose... the player belongs to the new owner.

D. DRAFT SEASON ONE 1950 GUIDELINES:
IN THE ORIGINAL DRAFT EACH OWNER WILL GO TO WIS DRAFT page, enter in player pool, and enter 1950 under season and your franchise's name in the team name drop down.

1. All players appearing on the WIS data list for your team are eligible to be claimed.

2. You will be allowed to select nine, only nine, players from your mlb roster to form your franchise core.
a. These players will be called your Favorite Franchise Players (FFP).
b. You must have a minimum of 3 pitchers and 3 hitters in every season (making a maximum of 6 of either).
c. In a players initial season only the portion of stats accumulated for your team are allowed to be used in the event of dual ownership.
d. There will be no IR in this first season

3. 1950 draft order will be determined by salary of the nine FFP.
a. The highest salary picks last.
b. Each subsequent round will have the same order as the first with the exception if two teams have exact same salary they will alternate throughout.
c. Picks and players cannot be traded in this first draft. Players may be traded after draft completed going through the GM page.

4. 8 AAA players will be selected by the owner from random pre-draft designated seasons.
a. AAA eligible players must all have less than a 500 K salary.

E: SEASONS AND DRAFTS IN 1951 AND FOLLOWING:
Before the season starts, approximately game 125, owners will be given the opportunity to look at the next season's incoming rookies on their MLB Franchise.
1. The owner may claim any incoming rookie with WIS stats from his Franchise's MLB roster designating the player as a FFP.
2. At the same time a player is claimed, another must be designated to be dropped, when the current season ends.
3. The minimum and maximum numbers of pitchers/hitters must be maintained between 3 and 6.
4. Claimed rookies will also be added to the opposite leagues draft pool thus providing an ongoing number of players adequate to fill a 24 team league.

F: DRAFT ORDER
1. Draft order in each league will be worst to first.
2. Ties for draft order will be determined by the team who picked higher the previous draft picking lower in the current.
3. The commissioner will make missed 1st round picks in the event an owner does not. This will be done in the last hour prior to the next round, are permanent, and based solely who the Commissioner has rated highest the time.

Progressives are meant to progress. We will move from one season to the next quickly. I have found this very effective for keeping owners interested, involved and long term. Please join if you can commit to doing this.

THERE IS A CHANCE THAT WE WILL HAVE TO MODIFY ABOVE RULES IF THE NEED TO FINE TUNE ARISES.
***************************************************************************************************************************

TEAMS CLAIMED ARE IN BLUE

NATIONAL LEAGUE...................................................................... AMERICAN LEAGUE

Boston Braves................beachbum3494..................... Boston Red Sox....................thunderkat
Brooklyn Dodgers...........kbees111.............................. Cleveland Indians..................tribe_fan_09
Chicago Cubs.................Mark102857.......................... Chicago White Sox................mark102857
Cincinnati Reds...............Mundocani............................ Detroit Tigers.........................flbarons
New York Giants..............Husker75..............................
New York Yankees................fabulous
Philadelphia Philles..........tkcronin................................. Philadelphia Athletics............BullMoose
Pittsburgh Pirates.............BullMoose............................ St. Loius Browns....................Beachbum3494
St. Louis Cardinals...........pmars2001........................... Washington Senators............Chrisekeedei

Plus 4 from AL....................................................................... Plus 4 from NL
Boston Red Sox.......................bottomlee....................... Boston Braves...................eman740
Chicago White Sox......................................................... Brooklyn Dodgers...............poppapomp
Cleveland Indians....................dspahlinger.................... TBD................................... Chicago Cubs
Detroit Tigers...........................poppapomp.................... Cincinnati Reds..................luvyablue
New York Yankees...................erne6............................. New York Giants.................jmarino2
Philadelphia Athletics..................................................... TBD.....................................Pittsburgh Pirates
St. Louis Browns............................................................ TBD.....................................Philadelphia Phillies
Washington Senators..................................................... TBD.....................................St. Louis Cardinals

Post your choice below.....then once I confirm feel free to check out your team and select your nine men.....send them to me for confirmation.
2/23/2018 1:41 AM (edited)
I'll do the Braves franchise
2/6/2018 10:58 AM
Would like to take the Yankees in American League
2/7/2018 12:21 PM (edited)
This sounds similar to our Jubilee league and I KNOW we have a good commissioner so count me in with the Red Sox.

Have one question with regard to the 9 FFP's. If that player ends up on another team in following years, say the Sox in 51 then the Yanks in 52, does that mean that I would have to give him up? Is he only a FFP as long as he stays with the franchise?
2/6/2018 5:06 PM (edited)
If FFP in 1950 goes on IR in 1951, does he still count against the '9" in 1951 or only counts when he returns to active status, say in 1952 or 1953?
2/6/2018 3:21 PM
Brooklyn Dodgers for me
2/6/2018 5:23 PM
Posted by fabulous on 2/6/2018 3:21:00 PM (view original):
If FFP in 1950 goes on IR in 1951, does he still count against the '9" in 1951 or only counts when he returns to active status, say in 1952 or 1953?
no....Ir guys do not count against the FFP in the years on IR. but the years he comes off FFP must be cut back to nine
2/6/2018 10:08 PM
great start guys on the first day. I anticipate a swell as we get closer to spring training. Ya'll may look at your 50s roster. Please sitemail to me do not post below.
2/6/2018 10:11 PM
I’ll grab the St. Louis Cardinals
2/6/2018 10:39 PM
gotcha pmars
2/6/2018 10:47 PM
Posted by thunderkat on 2/6/2018 5:06:00 PM (view original):
This sounds similar to our Jubilee league and I KNOW we have a good commissioner so count me in with the Red Sox.

Have one question with regard to the 9 FFP's. If that player ends up on another team in following years, say the Sox in 51 then the Yanks in 52, does that mean that I would have to give him up? Is he only a FFP as long as he stays with the franchise?
nope....only rookies can originally be claimed as FFP so once on your roster he is yours until released. There will be players, Brock, Perry, Lofton, Johnson, Thome, etc that will not be with the team they spent the majority of their career with. We will have a discussion during our first season on how to determine which team a rookie belongs to if he is owned by more than one MLB team and has WIS stats for those teams. I have several options to put forward but I am not sure what is the best so I am going to put it to our original owners in season one.
2/6/2018 11:11 PM (edited)
Heck, I can't resist: Washington Senators (later Minnesota Twins)
2/7/2018 9:11 AM
Since the Dodgers are gone I'll pick the Cincinnati Reds.
2/7/2018 9:12 AM
Posted by poppapomp on 2/7/2018 9:12:00 AM (view original):
I could be wrong but I believe you could be the Dodgers in the American League, to fill out the 16 teams.
2/7/2018 9:15 AM
Posted by poppapomp on 2/7/2018 9:12:00 AM (view original):
If that's the case I'll select the Dodgers in the American League.
2/7/2018 9:38 AM
1234 Next ▸
Fan Favorite Franchise PL filled waiting list Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.