I just recently took over a team that has almost no committed salary. This league also has a prospect cap, so I can't just shift over whatever leftover salary there is for IFA signings. Given that, one of the ways I'd like to utilize my available payroll is to eat bad contracts in exchange for a prospect or two.

So this is a philosophical question: how do you think about salary dumps and the appropriate level of compensation? What is reasonable? What is not?
2/6/2018 10:58 AM
You're looking to do a reverse of what's normally done. People are usually so intent on dumping a salary, they'll throw in a great prospect. That's dumb.

But, to answer your question, you need to include a legit BL player on your end. Otherwise, good worlds veto the "crap for expensive crap plus a prospect" deals.
2/6/2018 11:51 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.