Kim Trump- Un Topic

No one ever knows what you mean. I like the US the way it is
2/7/2018 5:30 PM
Posted by tangplay on 2/7/2018 4:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 2/7/2018 3:15:00 PM (view original):
You can't compare America to these small countries. The populations of all of Nordic countries combined is equal to about the size of Texas.
I have never bitten at that argument.
It's no argument. It's simple common sense. This is what I was talking about when I said your political views have made you illogical and irrational.
2/7/2018 5:39 PM
Much easier to have nationalized healthcare for a country of 10 or even 50 mil. vs. 350 mil.

Tangy doesn't have common sense. He is a dolt.
2/7/2018 5:45 PM
Posted by tangplay on 2/7/2018 3:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 2/7/2018 2:06:00 PM (view original):
Also, you are going to have to prioritize your passions. You can't be an environmental nut and want to help the poor. Most environmental regulations are job killers. Technology is already doing enough to kill jobs, we don't need more regulation on top of that.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't be a good steward of the environment, but you have to prioritize.
I prioritize environment first. And it is possible to do both.

I have a question for you: Out of all the countries in the world, which one would you want the US to be more like?

I would take Scandinavia.
Scandinavia is not a country. Its a region.
2/7/2018 5:56 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 2/7/2018 5:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 2/7/2018 4:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 2/7/2018 3:15:00 PM (view original):
You can't compare America to these small countries. The populations of all of Nordic countries combined is equal to about the size of Texas.
I have never bitten at that argument.
It's no argument. It's simple common sense. This is what I was talking about when I said your political views have made you illogical and irrational.
More people is a benefit and a curse.
2/7/2018 5:56 PM
Of course. Imagine having a family of two kids or a family of eight kids....
2/7/2018 6:50 PM
OK. I'll try. With who? Can you help me out a bit I'm a visual kinda guy............
2/7/2018 7:16 PM
Family of Bob and Wylie or a family of Bob, Wylie, CCCP, tang, Moy, Doug, Bracco, and Taint.
2/7/2018 8:07 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 2/7/2018 7:16:00 PM (view original):
OK. I'll try. With who? Can you help me out a bit I'm a visual kinda guy............

HOW MANY KIDS IS UP TO YOU TWO LOVEBIRDS
2/8/2018 12:46 AM (edited)
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/7/2018 5:45:00 PM (view original):
Much easier to have nationalized healthcare for a country of 10 or even 50 mil. vs. 350 mil.

Tangy doesn't have common sense. He is a dolt.
Wrong. The more people there are, paying into a giant pool, the easier it would be to nationalize healthcare. It's why you get better rates for larger companies. It's why(unfortunately) there was an individual mandate when instead it should be single payer.
2/8/2018 12:28 AM
Seriously, think about it...in a country of 10, 1 case of cancer would probably wipe out everyone's income.
2/8/2018 12:29 AM
Also, you are going to have to prioritize your passions. You can't be an environmental nut and want to help the poor. Most environmental regulations are job killers. Technology is already doing enough to kill jobs, we don't need more regulation on top of that.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't be a good steward of the environment, but you have to prioritize.
For people that clamor against regulation, I challenge them to go drink Flint water everyday....or hell, open up a bank account at Wells Fargo.
2/8/2018 12:32 AM
Posted by The Taint on 2/8/2018 12:29:00 AM (view original):
Seriously, think about it...in a country of 10, 1 case of cancer would probably wipe out everyone's income.
Not quite because many cannot pay. You are under the impression that pf the 350mil that the majority pay into it and a smaller % get the healthcare. That may work in India where the average age is 27? Our population is aging and there are fewer doctors.

In a country of 10 you only need 1 MD to service the 10 persons including themselves. In a country of 1000 where medicine is socialized and the MDs don't get paid as much as they feel they deserve you will likely have fewer MDs. So instead of 1 for every 10 you have 1 for every 50 and now the line to see the aforementioned MD takes longer and people could die waiting.

Lastly, in nationalized healthcare people don't pay into healthcare so the # of people is actually easier if there are fewer of them. In Spain for instance there are 45mil people. Their individual tax rate is 51%...so they basically work 6 months for the Gov't. But their healthcare is 100% free and education is mostly inexpensive. Their military is not exactly the best in the world. Now if Spain were 350 million people I am not sure that would work.

I am all for Nationalized healthcare so long as I can see the stats that illustrate there would be enough doctors and how the budget would work. Instead of paying into it just raise everyone's taxes. But they can't because they just lowered everyone's taxes. In the US, the insurance companies have way too much pull IMO. And we have too many frivolous lawsuits vs. MDs. The system needs an overhaul. I agree 100%.
2/8/2018 8:44 AM
Posted by The Taint on 2/8/2018 12:32:00 AM (view original):

For people that clamor against regulation, I challenge them to go drink Flint water everyday....or hell, open up a bank account at Wells Fargo.
I work in banking. We need regulation but we don't need to go overboard. Such as the punitive requirements for Commercial Mortgages and Leveraged Finance Deals.
2/8/2018 8:45 AM
Posted by The Taint on 2/8/2018 12:32:00 AM (view original):

I'm not against regulation. I'm against over-regulation.
2/8/2018 8:49 AM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7 Next ▸
Kim Trump- Un Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.