Big Dick Identical Roster League - waitlist Topic

Updated
Current Payroll: $84,958,629
2/19/2018 8:00 PM
Posted by mick33 on 2/19/2018 7:37:00 PM (view original):
No big dick team would be complete without the man who has yet to find a cup that is big enough for him. None other than locker room legend Juan Uribe, 2015 Mets version $684,681 for bench slot #2.

High School: Abel Uribe (Dominican Republic)

Guess he had some smart folks in his family . . . .
2/19/2018 8:23 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Have you looked at his defensive prowess? A Dr Strangeglove all around the diamond. He is sure to make some negative plays with games on the line...a real gem as a late inning defensive replacement. ..
2/19/2018 8:41 PM (edited)
Posted by DoctorKz on 2/19/2018 8:41:00 PM (view original):
Have you looked at his defensive prowess? A Dr Strangeglove all around the diamond. He is sure to make some negative plays with games on the line...a real gem as a late inning defensive replacement. ..
Of course, that assumes somebody is stupid enough to play him. There is no reason to play him. None. He'll get some pinch hitting appearances, and may occasionally hit a HR, but also bat < .220 with < .300 obp.
2/19/2018 8:42 PM
Yeah, but if I wanted to i would have wasted much more money than that...is why I like the Gruber pick... ;)
2/19/2018 8:43 PM
I almost didn't take Nutter due to his A- range...
2/19/2018 8:45 PM
Updated
Current Payroll: $85,399,101
2/19/2018 8:49 PM
Waiting on Say Hey to give us our stadium...
2/19/2018 8:50 PM
As I told a few of you, I had $100M on the brain even though I posted $120M for a cap. $15M left over would have been ideal. But we have some serious cash left over. Enjoy your shopping spree for your 2 X-Factor players...approx $34.6M!
2/19/2018 8:54 PM
Posted by schwarze on 2/19/2018 8:40:00 PM (view original):
George Thomas, 1969 Red Sox, $440,472.

He can play C, 1B, 3B, OF, all very poorly. But at least he can pinch hit. That is he has a PURPOSE.

Not sure why $1.4 million was wasted on 222 plate appearances of a relatively worthless player. Sure, he has some power, but we all know how well right handed hitting low-obp power hitters do in the sim. You could have used a cheaper scrub spot and got the same production from somebody with < 100 PA. I guarantee nobody uses more than half of Downs' PA's (and if they do, they won't make the playoffs).
schwarze, you have a ton of WIS cred to make these multiple posts. All the w's and championships... 17yrs a member. I get it. I do. 1 comment is sufficient.

Going over the theme parameters....all selections were made under the rules... We all get the same "slop" IMO. It's about how you manage the 23 you get. You are MORE THAN WELCOME and more importantly (have deserved the right) have EARNED your voice...

I grabbed Lance Berkman out of pity for power..(wanted Richie Ashburn, a family friend) Both fit the "theme" of phallic stuff..
Does Felix Hernandez "belong" in this theme? Do I? Was there an unwritten "owner" pre-courser that I failed to perceive?

We all have our right to 8itch...and we all have a right to say.....enough....
2/19/2018 10:59 PM
Posted by cpdpoet on 2/19/2018 10:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by schwarze on 2/19/2018 8:40:00 PM (view original):
George Thomas, 1969 Red Sox, $440,472.

He can play C, 1B, 3B, OF, all very poorly. But at least he can pinch hit. That is he has a PURPOSE.

Not sure why $1.4 million was wasted on 222 plate appearances of a relatively worthless player. Sure, he has some power, but we all know how well right handed hitting low-obp power hitters do in the sim. You could have used a cheaper scrub spot and got the same production from somebody with < 100 PA. I guarantee nobody uses more than half of Downs' PA's (and if they do, they won't make the playoffs).
schwarze, you have a ton of WIS cred to make these multiple posts. All the w's and championships... 17yrs a member. I get it. I do. 1 comment is sufficient.

Going over the theme parameters....all selections were made under the rules... We all get the same "slop" IMO. It's about how you manage the 23 you get. You are MORE THAN WELCOME and more importantly (have deserved the right) have EARNED your voice...

I grabbed Lance Berkman out of pity for power..(wanted Richie Ashburn, a family friend) Both fit the "theme" of phallic stuff..
Does Felix Hernandez "belong" in this theme? Do I? Was there an unwritten "owner" pre-courser that I failed to perceive?

We all have our right to 8itch...and we all have a right to say.....enough....
2/20/2018 9:27 AM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10 Next ▸
Big Dick Identical Roster League - waitlist Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.