I read where the game engine does not differentiate between OT, OG and C. I read this in the "Designing and Implementing Playbooks in GD 3.0". Is this still the case? If so, do I just set the depth chart for OL? What about the depth charts for OT, OG/C?

Does the game engine differentiate between DT and DE? ILB and OLB?

I'm new to the advanced settings, so just looking for some guidance.

Thanks!
2/14/2018 5:28 PM
Pretty sure the OL just line up 1-5 how you rank them on your Depth Chart. I'm sure you could figure out if OL1 is the LT and so forth, but pretty sure the Engine just adds up all their #s and comes up with one big OL Formula # (Computer Magic).

As for DT/DE and ILB/OLB you can set those up in the Depth Chart, but you'll have to set your Defensive Formation to DT/DE/ILB/OLB. The Default is DL and LB.
2/14/2018 6:02 PM
As I understand the concept (and as I apply it), the OL is treated as a unit.....BUT.....the interior linemen have more influence on an inside run play....and the Tackles (and TE) have more "influence" on an outside run play. So, IMO, it does matter how you line them up. How much "influence" there is???? I cannot tell you, but I apply this to my offense.
2/16/2018 6:01 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.