Combo defense and preferences Topic

Lets say I've got my guys learning press so I can run press/man

Assume that when they get to a reasonable level, I start to run the combo defense. Does combo defense get preference for both press and man or zone? How many games after I start running press/man will I get both preferences?
2/16/2018 4:53 PM
I don’t think you have to actually run the offense or defense.... it looks at the IQ from my experience. I switched from motion to flex offense with one team and the recruit gave me the benefit of running motion despite the fact that I was neither practicing or using the motion offense.
2/16/2018 5:09 PM
interesting, thanks

does it only give you credit for the scheme you are better at - or if you have say A's and B's in one scheme and B's and C's in another can you get both preferences?

do you have to get to all B's in the second scheme for it to work?
2/17/2018 5:53 PM
I don't believe tiddys response is correct. There was a thread a few weeks ago on this topic and I remember someone saying they ran man/press during the game and just man in late game situations. They were very good in man and good in press. Others have backed up the fact it's the set you play in the game, not what you practice.
2/17/2018 6:06 PM
The preference is definitely based on game time, not practice or IQ. Darnoc is correct, if you run a traditional combo, both will be good. If you just use press in late situations, it’s possible to get to good, but over the course of a season, I think you need quite a few game minutes in that setting to maintain a good preference match. And it is likely a lower “good” than someone who runs a traditional combo every game, although I don’t think that’s been explicitly revealed by admins.
2/17/2018 8:28 PM (edited)
Combo defense and preferences Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.