Hoops Dynasty – College Basketball Sim Games - Team Profile

This goes along with the slowdown thread a couple days ago.

My GVST team to me seems like a great team to go Upempo. If it was Fastbreak FCP it would be perfect. I have 12 solid players, with 8 being starting quality m, my ATH /DEF is high, I have a bunch of offensive threats for Triangle. My Team passing is high.

But i ran it in the second exhibition and I lost to what I consider to be an inferior team. I had a ton of fouls.

I wish i had better stamina, but with 12 guys I should be fun in that aspect.

Thoughts?

Should you ever go uptempo in Triangle?
2/16/2018 6:46 PM
With my non FB/press teams, I go uptempo when I think I have an advantage I can press without giving up a lot of turnovers, or causing myself fatigue problems. I’m more likely to go uptempo with flex or motion than with triangle, because in triangle, I usually prioritize passing and LP/per over speed and ballhandling. Speed and ballhandling matchups are generally key for me, when deciding if I want to go uptempo.

Your speed and ballhandling are a little low for uptempo, IMO, but I suspect you just got a tough sim, and you’d normally win that game.
2/16/2018 7:09 PM
So what do you think works? Slowdown? Normal?
2/16/2018 8:49 PM
I tend to think normal is best in most circumstances, for the non FB offenses. Slowdown is very effective when your team is top heavy.
2/16/2018 9:04 PM
I run uptempo when my team is extremely deep and talented. it works really well when the other team is set up by player minutes and not fatigue, and when the other team is not very deep. the more tired you can make their players, the worse they will play. And if you can get their starters out of the game when they're not deep, you can go on major runs. Otherwise, I play normal. I only run slow if the other team is extremely talented and my team's bench is not that impressive.
2/16/2018 9:31 PM
All uptempo does is increase the number of possessions each team has in a game and increase the fatigue factor.

i frequently go uptempto when:

my team can handle the fatigue
the other team has a crappy bench
i think I can get my opponents better players ( particularly scorers) in foul trouble
I have an efficient offense

i run a lot of triangle uptempo if I have good bench scorers
2/17/2018 11:42 AM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 2/17/2018 11:42:00 AM (view original):
All uptempo does is increase the number of possessions each team has in a game and increase the fatigue factor.

i frequently go uptempto when:

my team can handle the fatigue
the other team has a crappy bench
i think I can get my opponents better players ( particularly scorers) in foul trouble
I have an efficient offense

i run a lot of triangle uptempo if I have good bench scorers
So would my team be one that fits those characteristics?
2/17/2018 12:10 PM
Looks like it, I prefer to have 7 wings and 5 bigs but I think fatiguedwise you can pull it off. I would certainly try against some sims.
2/17/2018 12:15 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.