I had a guy that has high makeup get a minor injury last season. He proceeded to get a bump in power to 79 when he was recovering from injury. However, after the season rollover, he is back down to 76 in power. He is only 26 years old, so it wouldn't be him losing power due to age regression. He also had 88 durability at the end of last season and after the rollover, he is back down to 85.

Last years training budget: $18 mm
Last years Medical budget: $17 mm

Does the system revert injury recovery ratings bump, now?

Player Profile: Yorvit Fernandez - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
2/16/2018 8:21 PM (edited)
11/10/2015 11:28 AM Customer Support
PJ,

There is a bug involved here, but it's not what you think and it has nothing to do with end-of-season injury status or DL activation date. The process for healing during the offseason is working as intended.

The bug lies in the recovery cycle. In this case, your player "healed" more than he should have (beyond his maximum projection). So when the normal development cycle period began, he started falling as a result.

We will be investigating the cause of this inadvertent boost during his earlier recovery cycle. We've seen it reported before, but have not yet tracked down.

As usual, their explanation is a bit clumsy, but what they're trying to say is that there is a hard ceiling for certain attributes, and if you go beyond them temporarily within one season then they will revert after rollover. It's much more common and obvious with a rating like 103 inj that reverts back to 100 after rollover
2/17/2018 12:30 PM
Rare but I had it happen once before. A 30ish RP got an unexpected bump while he was on the 15-day. It was so strange it made me wonder if he had some kind of invisible bonus health rating. But by the next season he’d reverted to pre-injury ratings.
2/17/2018 1:47 PM
Hmmm. I would make the argument that the player should have a coin toss chance to keep his injury ratings bump after rollover. I argue this case because sometimes (not always) a player gets injured and he comes back better. So, as stated above, if the culprit can be found, I think there should be a 50/50 chance he keeps his recovery (even though the injury recovery is technically, 'a bug') after the rollover. What do you think?

Nonetheless, thanks for the explanation. It seemed that I had a similar situation with the below player. Although, it was to a much smaller extent. I think it was the same attributes (durability and power). He had a bit more power and durability after the injury recovery 'bug'. I think it was only one point in each though.

Player Profile: Bob Stark - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
2/19/2018 3:46 PM

I think there should be a 50/50 chance he keeps his recovery (even though the injury recovery is technically, 'a bug') after the rollover. What do you think?

Yeah I think there's 100% chance he should keep all injury recovery.

I have a major gripe about recovery reversion because a) WHAT'S THE POINT OF HAVING MEDICAL IF I DON'T USE IT? and b) WHAT'S THE POINT OF USING IT IF I DON'T ALWAYS GET TO KEEP IT??

In human logic, he was out and the doctors shot him up with medicine and gave him the business in our expensive weight room. He has been healed, therefore those events are now fixed in the past.

My suggestion has always been to "unlock" or "unfix" max projections. In other words, let me the owner push the player past his pre-programmed limitations defined by scouting. Let me break the player with my own management skills (in conjunction with budget leveraging)
2/19/2018 4:17 PM
I agree. If a guy is hurt and is out for 17 days, you put him on the 15 day dl and he rarely recovers from injury. If you keep him out longer, he can usually get his pre injury ratings back with a slight chance to get a little bump. If you lose out on the extra 40 days of the 60 day dl, it should be a reward for that sacrifice. Or, at the very least, give it at least a 50/50 chance to keep the extra gains.
2/19/2018 7:43 PM
Does the medical budget affect the probability of players getting hurt? Or, does it only affect the impact of the injury?

I have seen teams that have a medical budget of $10 million have a player get a major injury like a torn hamstring and the player loses 11 points of range. I have seen the same injury on a team with $17 million in medical budget and the player only loses 5 range. So, I am pretty sure that medical budget affects impact that an injury has on a player (how long he is out and how low his ratings go). I am curious if the medical budget has an impact on the probability of players getting injured.

I am reading that the training budget prevents injury. Is this accurate?
3/10/2018 9:11 AM (edited)

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.