State of WIS Topic

Six months ago we heard the announcement that a company called SportsHub had purchased WIS. During that time, we were told the following:

- SportsHub has a significant user base among its network of sites, so we'll certainly be looking to take advantage of that for marketing purposes. The opposite is also true, as you'll eventually be seeing some promotion of other SportsHub games here. Obviously, the audience is very similar between fantasy games and simulation games, so hopefully this relationship works to bring people to WIS and also to expose you guys to some other games.

- You should definitely expect updates to all the games in the future. As I mentioned, I'll have my hands full in the short term with the transition and building a new staff. One of my main goals going forward is to become as transparent as what we're working on and what's coming in the future. I know it's frustrating to be in the dark, so I'll do my best to keep that from happening.

And

I'm painfully aware that a lot of promises have been broken in recent years. A lot of that was beyond our control, but that's not an excuse. It was as frustrating for us as it was for you guys.

I'll be as transparent and honest as I can going forward, but sometimes priorities will change or mitigating factors will cause delays or course changes. The good news is that there won't be anything dividing our attention. It'll be WIS all day, every day.

Unless I'm missing something, the lack of news or updates has been anything BUT transparent. In fact, SportsHub doesn't even have WIS listed as a service on their website. We don't know if they've built a team for WIS yet. We don't know what the future plans are. We don't know timetables.

I know a lot of WIS users have been here for a long time and spent a lot of money. Frankly, I believe we deserve some answers. If they are working on WIS "all day, every day," why have we heard nothing? Most people like to ***** and moan, but we need to do something. I suggest going to the SportsHub website. Under their "Contact Us" section, you have the option to select "Whatifsports" from a down menu. Let's bombard them with complaints and questions. If that fails, we should seriously consider boycott. As much as it would suck to lose all the hard work from our teams, it will be worse to continue to allow this site to slowly die, as it has been for the past few years.
2/17/2018 7:09 AM
My guess is they decided to let this site die and use the loss to off-set other gains.
2/17/2018 10:53 AM
Posted by mlitney on 2/17/2018 7:09:00 AM (view original):
Six months ago we heard the announcement that a company called SportsHub had purchased WIS. During that time, we were told the following:

- SportsHub has a significant user base among its network of sites, so we'll certainly be looking to take advantage of that for marketing purposes. The opposite is also true, as you'll eventually be seeing some promotion of other SportsHub games here. Obviously, the audience is very similar between fantasy games and simulation games, so hopefully this relationship works to bring people to WIS and also to expose you guys to some other games.

- You should definitely expect updates to all the games in the future. As I mentioned, I'll have my hands full in the short term with the transition and building a new staff. One of my main goals going forward is to become as transparent as what we're working on and what's coming in the future. I know it's frustrating to be in the dark, so I'll do my best to keep that from happening.

And

I'm painfully aware that a lot of promises have been broken in recent years. A lot of that was beyond our control, but that's not an excuse. It was as frustrating for us as it was for you guys.

I'll be as transparent and honest as I can going forward, but sometimes priorities will change or mitigating factors will cause delays or course changes. The good news is that there won't be anything dividing our attention. It'll be WIS all day, every day.

Unless I'm missing something, the lack of news or updates has been anything BUT transparent. In fact, SportsHub doesn't even have WIS listed as a service on their website. We don't know if they've built a team for WIS yet. We don't know what the future plans are. We don't know timetables.

I know a lot of WIS users have been here for a long time and spent a lot of money. Frankly, I believe we deserve some answers. If they are working on WIS "all day, every day," why have we heard nothing? Most people like to ***** and moan, but we need to do something. I suggest going to the SportsHub website. Under their "Contact Us" section, you have the option to select "Whatifsports" from a down menu. Let's bombard them with complaints and questions. If that fails, we should seriously consider boycott. As much as it would suck to lose all the hard work from our teams, it will be worse to continue to allow this site to slowly die, as it has been for the past few years.
WIS doesn't owe you anything other than the season(s) you're currently paying for.

seble is working hard.

To make this site manageable by a smaller number of employees, I'm guessing WIS will shutter some of its products soon. I think SLB, HBD, and HD are all on solid footing business-wise. Everything else is fair game.
2/17/2018 5:49 PM
You know "seble is working hard" how? Any proof of such?
What annoys me the most is that the post promises customers "updates to all games" and "to become transparent", yet no games have been updated and not a single follow-up post has been made despite much criticism and questioning in several threads. Ignoring customers after making promises to them is not only poor business, but just plain rude.
2/17/2018 6:39 PM
They made an update to SLB. Not sure what it was, but I remember them doing it recently.
2/19/2018 2:03 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 2/19/2018 2:03:00 PM (view original):
They made an update to SLB. Not sure what it was, but I remember them doing it recently.
The salary adjusting they're doing periodically?
If that's keeping them from paying attention to everything else, they should probably drop it.
2/19/2018 5:02 PM
If they were working on anything, they would be quick to let us know. Why not take the opportunity to appease the masses? A quick update post only takes 10 minutes. I feel like the silence is condemning. SportsHub hasn't yet replied to my email (I doubt they will).

But I guess the user base is just going to slowly bleed away, paying money for a product that is flawed in many ways. It's true that they don't owe us anything for being long-time customers, but it hurts to see more and more community leaving every year.
2/20/2018 5:39 AM
No update on 2017 Football players. Baseball Game of the Week hasn't been updated since August 14th, my birthday!

Honestly, if they closed this site down, would be fine with me. Would save a ton of time and money!!
2/20/2018 11:28 AM
Posted by all3 on 2/17/2018 6:39:00 PM (view original):
You know "seble is working hard" how? Any proof of such?
What annoys me the most is that the post promises customers "updates to all games" and "to become transparent", yet no games have been updated and not a single follow-up post has been made despite much criticism and questioning in several threads. Ignoring customers after making promises to them is not only poor business, but just plain rude.
I agree those promises shouldn't have been made.

I'm expecting some kind of announcement of site changes soon. Feels like something is brewing.
2/21/2018 10:51 AM
Well, it never hurts to dream. (At least until you wake up.)
2/22/2018 2:06 PM
Still no 2017 Football players...:(
3/6/2018 2:22 PM
I don't think that's the announcement he was expecting.
3/6/2018 9:16 PM
Still no 2017 football players.
3/19/2018 4:47 PM
I'm happy

When I can't get a baseball team, then they won't get my money

I'm happy
3/19/2018 4:53 PM
You are blocking the author of this post, DougOut.
3/22/2018 5:13 PM
12 Next ▸
State of WIS Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.