Leahy- U of Pennsylvania 4 sale Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Looking for someone that is not new....Maybe you have a team in another league and don't want to have to go thru DIII & DII since you have played for many seasons and already proven yourself....I would hate for the team to just go dormant for 3 seasons....I have already helped other coaches and helped get one over the top to his first National Championship in other league.
2/21/2018 9:17 AM
I’ll sell my ID for $1,000/Team :)
2/21/2018 9:41 AM
Posted by bigpoppa85 on 2/21/2018 9:41:00 AM (view original):
That's a helluva lotta money considering you have aprox 10 teams :)
It's probably against Wis Rules but I don't find selling your id unethical. You have something of value and someone values it enough to pay for it. What's unethical about that ?
2/21/2018 10:05 AM
Posted by mojolad on 2/21/2018 10:05:00 AM (view original):
It's probably against Wis Rules but I don't find selling your id unethical. You have something of value and someone values it enough to pay for it. What's unethical about that ?
GD is designed to make coaches earn their way into good jobs, not buy their way in.

This would also give banned users a secret entry point back into the game.

And yes, this is a clear terms of use violation. But that's me saying that, not WIS.
2/21/2018 11:56 AM (edited)
Posted by mojolad on 2/21/2018 10:05:00 AM (view original):
Lol, I’m really jk. I do have WAY too many teams and it would probably benefit me in every way to drop down to 2 teams again.

If anyone is crazy enough to pay me $1,000/Team I’d probably do it just to focus on work/family time lol
2/21/2018 1:05 PM
WIS is doing the same thing by preventing people who have made it to a particular division in a single world to advance to that division in any world automatically. Even though you have already earned the right to compete at D1A, it costs you approximately $50 and a 5 month grind to get to that level in a new world.

2/21/2018 1:31 PM
Posted by jeffn48 on 2/21/2018 1:31:00 PM (view original):
WIS is doing the same thing by preventing people who have made it to a particular division in a single world to advance to that division in any world automatically. Even though you have already earned the right to compete at D1A, it costs you approximately $50 and a 5 month grind to get to that level in a new world.

I'm first in line to say WIS would be more popular if users could start at D1. The slog is bad for business.

But that's not how the rules are currently set up, and everyone should play by the same rules.
2/21/2018 1:38 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 2/21/2018 1:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jeffn48 on 2/21/2018 1:31:00 PM (view original):

I'm first in line to say WIS would be more popular if users could start at D1. The slog is bad for business.

But that's not how the rules are currently set up, and everyone should play by the same rules.
That would be great if people could choose the level they want to play at immediately, I agree with you.
2/21/2018 2:16 PM
Interested in the team. Now so much paying for the ID.
2/21/2018 2:44 PM
This topic is very interesting to me. First, is it within the rules to sell a team/coach ID?
Second, would there be players who are willing to buy a coach ID? Maybe attached to a certain team such as an “Elite” team.
Third, how much money would someone be willing to pay? (Money spent on seasons + months of building teams)
Again, this is just interesting to me. Back to the first question, is it within the rules?
2/21/2018 3:27 PM
"You agree not to use the email address or password of another member or subscriber at any time and not to allow any other person to use your account."

That isn't vague, and it's just one of several WIS rules that apply here.

But WIS is allowed to not enforce its rules. So then it becomes up to the user whether to play a game where the referee (WIS) doesn't enforce its own rules.
2/21/2018 3:38 PM
Technically, that means if you happen to use the same password as another user completely by chance you are violating this policy.

For the person who purchases the account, wouldn't it then become their account? They could just change all the profile info.
2/21/2018 3:53 PM
Posted by jeffn48 on 2/21/2018 3:53:00 PM (view original):
Technically, that means if you happen to use the same password as another user completely by chance you are violating this policy.

For the person who purchases the account, wouldn't it then become their account? They could just change all the profile info.
All of our accounts are WIS property. Our ability to use them as licensees is governed by WIS's rules, not the rules each of us wants to follow.

At least that's the way it's supposed to work.
2/21/2018 4:08 PM
12345 Next ▸
Leahy- U of Pennsylvania 4 sale Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.