Leahy- U of Pennsylvania 4 sale Topic

Posted by WillEphs on 2/21/2018 3:27:00 PM (view original):
This topic is very interesting to me. First, is it within the rules to sell a team/coach ID?
Second, would there be players who are willing to buy a coach ID? Maybe attached to a certain team such as an “Elite” team.
Third, how much money would someone be willing to pay? (Money spent on seasons + months of building teams)
Again, this is just interesting to me. Back to the first question, is it within the rules?
1. No, it is against the rules.
2. Of course, there are cheaters in this game already.
3. "A fool and his money..." It would be especially foolish in this case, advertised on the forums as it is. Spend you money and get banished, losing what you spent.

"Technically, that means if you happen to use the same password as another user completely by chance you are violating this policy."
Ahh, no, but nice try.
2/21/2018 4:47 PM
Don't really see the issue besides paying the user for his team. If he gives someone his team and lets them take over who really cares as long as they don't have a team in that world.
2/21/2018 4:56 PM
Posted by l80r20 on 2/21/2018 4:47:00 PM (view original):
This topic is very interesting to me. First, is it within the rules to sell a team/coach ID?
Second, would there be players who are willing to buy a coach ID? Maybe attached to a certain team such as an “Elite” team.
Third, how much money would someone be willing to pay? (Money spent on seasons + months of building teams)
Again, this is just interesting to me. Back to the first question, is it within the rules?
3. "A fool and his money..." It would be especially foolish in this case, advertised on the forums as it is. Spend you money and get banished, losing what you spent.

"Technically, that means if you happen to use the same password as another user completely by chance you are violating this policy."
Ahh, no, but nice try.
Devils advocate here...how would anyone know that a transaction even happened? The username would remain the same...basically the only way of knowing for sure is if someone just admitted it.

Sure WIS could check IP addresses and credit card names...but why would they care? They’d still be collecting their cash. If it isn’t advertised, no one would ever know. And if it was advertised, still be tough to prove and for WIS and the new owners to care.

If another coach sold their ID etc, I wouldn’t care one bit. Actually, I’d probably be happy for them.
2/21/2018 5:00 PM
First off, I am not going to just give the team/id to some joker/cheater (Tigerpark). I don't have any interest in continuing, but also don't want the team to just fall apart. I would like to find someone that is passionate about continuing the legacy. I also don't want the team to be in cruise control for the next few seasons. I am not trying to do anything unethical.

Second, I am always receiving site mail asking for assistance. This give me a better chance on helping someone first hand and able to answer any questions they might have.
2/21/2018 9:23 PM
Posted by donald3030 on 2/21/2018 9:23:00 PM (view original):
First off, I am not going to just give the team/id to some joker/cheater (Tigerpark). I don't have any interest in continuing, but also don't want the team to just fall apart. I would like to find someone that is passionate about continuing the legacy. I also don't want the team to be in cruise control for the next few seasons. I am not trying to do anything unethical.

Second, I am always receiving site mail asking for assistance. This give me a better chance on helping someone first hand and able to answer any questions they might have.
To be clear, my concerns here aren't personal at all. When I was first starting out in the Ivy League at Holy Cross, you were super helpful to me. I'm sure you've helped many other players too.

That said, your approach here doesn't make much sense. All you had to do was set your account to not renew, and it's an ironclad lock someone with a worthy resume would have taken the job. You're looking to get paid to override the jobs system, and that isn't great.
2/21/2018 10:00 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 2/21/2018 10:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by donald3030 on 2/21/2018 9:23:00 PM (view original):

To be clear, my concerns here aren't personal at all. When I was first starting out in the Ivy League at Holy Cross, you were super helpful to me. I'm sure you've helped many other players too.

That said, your approach here doesn't make much sense. All you had to do was set your account to not renew, and it's an ironclad lock someone with a worthy resume would have taken the job. You're looking to get paid to override the jobs system, and that isn't great.
+1
2/21/2018 11:39 PM
Like I said I have no problem with a fair exchange. Someone wants it and is willing to pay that seems fair.
It is up to Wis to crack down on it if they even care.
But an issue might be , which of the people involved commits to their committment first ?
Does seller surrender password first or does buyer send money first ? Do they trust each other and both do their part the same day ?
There is no medium party like an ebay between buyer and seller to insure that they both get what they are due.
The premise of selling a username is an interesting one though.
2/22/2018 3:46 AM (edited)

Ahh, no, but nice try.
Do you know how many ID's and passwords I have had??? No, I have helped a lot of current and former players/coaches with their teams. Either by taking a look at their settings and making suggestions to doing the recruiting for them. Some have been on vacations and asked me to do their recruiting while others have asked me if I would just do the recruiting for them. It was never a problem sharing an id and password. I have even worked with others where we split a team and the responsibilities and known of many others that have done the same thing where one coach did offense and the other did the defense. Once again they shared an id and password.
2/22/2018 8:10 PM
Posted by donald3030 on 2/22/2018 8:10:00 PM (view original):

Ahh, no, but nice try.
Do you know how many ID's and passwords I have had??? No, I have helped a lot of current and former players/coaches with their teams. Either by taking a look at their settings and making suggestions to doing the recruiting for them. Some have been on vacations and asked me to do their recruiting while others have asked me if I would just do the recruiting for them. It was never a problem sharing an id and password. I have even worked with others where we split a team and the responsibilities and known of many others that have done the same thing where one coach did offense and the other did the defense. Once again they shared an id and password.
Congrats on getting away with it so many times?

WIS is reaping what it's sown here by being so lax on enforcing its rules for so long. Lots of folks now feels entitled to play GD by their own rules. GD is basically Calvinball.
2/22/2018 8:41 PM

Ahh, no, but nice try.
I have known a number of people who have co-coached teams, I am one of them. However, we chose a world that neither of us had teams in. I did the offense and other coach did the defense, we alternated recruiting and paying for seasons. It was a good experience and I would consider doing it again, its nice to see how another successful coach does things. As long as you feel you can trust the other coach, I see no problems with it.
2/22/2018 10:24 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 2/22/2018 8:41:00 PM (view original):

Ahh, no, but nice try.
Congrats on getting away with it so many times?

WIS is reaping what it's sown here by being so lax on enforcing its rules for so long. Lots of folks now feels entitled to play GD by their own rules. GD is basically Calvinball.
Calvinball is NOT WIS...too far kc....I love some Calvinball....

I personally don’t see a problem with letting someone recruit for me. I am trusting someone to not screw me. If they do, my bad. Yes, it is “against” the rules, but does WiS really have choice but to,say the that?

I can’t imagine the complaints if someone were screwed during recruiting for example. That being said, should I sacrifice years/seasons of work because I have a meeting or am traveling during recruiting? NO. That simple. Is it cheating? No. It is common sense. Am I making my own rules? No, I am risking my account with no recourse if I get screwed, period.

selling accounts is pretty common across online games, but I don’t favor it here as I have said, I think the journey is half the fun.
2/22/2018 10:27 PM
Fair points, hold. There are a lot of grey areas. The fair play rules say it well: in a nutshell, don't be a jerk. These games rely on the integrity of the players to work, since there will always be ways to cheat undetected.

Donald is ok being fully detected here. He wants to charge us money for a job we should have been able to apply for through the ordinary rules of the game. WIS appears to be siding with Donald here, which surprises and disappoints me. But it is, after all, just me.
2/23/2018 1:06 AM
I'm sort of new to the game. Do so many cheaters always reveal themselves in threads like they do in this one?
2/23/2018 2:48 AM
Posted by kcsundevil on 2/21/2018 3:40:00 PM (view original):
"You agree not to use the email address or password of another member or subscriber at any time and not to allow any other person to use your account."

That isn't vague, and it's just one of several WIS rules that apply here.

But WIS is allowed to not enforce its rules. So then it becomes up to the user whether to play a game where the referee (WIS) doesn't enforce its own rules.
twobuckchuck in hayes is bkdries recruits and bagchucker coaches

WIfS took our money and let us share a username
2/23/2018 4:14 AM
Posted by bagchucker on 2/23/2018 4:14:00 AM (view original):
Posted by kcsundevil on 2/21/2018 3:40:00 PM (view original):
"You agree not to use the email address or password of another member or subscriber at any time and not to allow any other person to use your account."

That isn't vague, and it's just one of several WIS rules that apply here.

But WIS is allowed to not enforce its rules. So then it becomes up to the user whether to play a game where the referee (WIS) doesn't enforce its own rules.
twobuckchuck in hayes is bkdries recruits and bagchucker coaches

WIfS took our money and let us share a username
I think most people would agree this violates the Term of Use I quoted, but does not violate the "don't be a jerk" rule.
2/23/2018 8:20 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Leahy- U of Pennsylvania 4 sale Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.