Leahy- U of Pennsylvania 4 sale Topic

From the fair play guidelines:

"While simulation games can be an extremely competitive endeavor, it is important to remember that enjoyment of the game is predicated on a certain level of sportsmanship displayed by the participants. Occasionally, some team owners intentionally or unknowingly cross the lines. In addition, participants in WhatIfSports games acknowledge the fact that it is technically not feasible to ensure that each username is controlled by a unique person."

Is it sportsmanlike for two cooperating coaches to share an ID? Eh, probably fine. Is it sportsmanlike to sell a job within the game? To me, no. But again, apparently that's just me.
2/23/2018 8:26 AM
It's not just you.
2/23/2018 9:44 AM
2/23/2018 5:14 PM
Posted by donald3030 on 2/21/2018 9:14:00 AM (view original):
the ID: donald3030 is for sale.

I will sell the ID to the right person. I am tired of the game, don’t feel challenged, am bored, etc.....

There are some great players in Leahy, but I have grown bored. I would like to either find the right person to just take it over, or I let someone else run the team and I will teach you the system. If you run the team, you will pay for the seasons..

There are 3 seasons on Penn currently.

If you are interested send me a message thru site mail!
This is an Interesting Idea.
2/23/2018 6:31 PM
Posted by DeBeque on 2/23/2018 2:48:00 AM (view original):
I'm sort of new to the game. Do so many cheaters always reveal themselves in threads like they do in this one?
Hey newbie, If you are refer to me as a cheater, but better get your facts straight. I AM NOT A CHEATER.

I am not wishing to play and would like for someone to take over. That is it.
2/23/2018 10:53 PM
Posted by donald3030 on 2/23/2018 10:53:00 PM (view original):
I'm sort of new to the game. Do so many cheaters always reveal themselves in threads like they do in this one?
Hey newbie, If you are refer to me as a cheater, but better get your facts straight. I AM NOT A CHEATER.

BS.

Again, all you had to do was set your account to "Not Renew," and someone who had earned the job would have taken the job.

Instead you're trying to override the jobs system, and get some cash for yourself.
2/24/2018 1:08 AM
Posted by donald3030 on 2/23/2018 10:53:00 PM (view original):

If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen. ALL CAPS doesn't turn a cheater into a non-cheater. Selling an account is against the rules.

And did you notice my words, "so many cheaters?" It wasn't just you I was asking about.
2/24/2018 2:13 AM
I submitted a ticket on this Monday night. It was "upgraded" Wednesday, then crickets after that. I closed the ticket myself last night, as it became clear no action will be taken in time for it to matter. Sometimes no answer is an answer.
2/24/2018 11:53 AM
FWIW, if d30 wants to give up his (always very good) team for the last three years, I don't think that it's unreasonable for someone (or WIS, for that matter) compensate the amount of $ that it would take to purchase 3 seasons of GD. I understand the other side but I thought I should bring this up for balance. I played against him for 4 seasons at Bucknell. He's a great coach and was always willing to share his expertise.
2/24/2018 1:52 PM
Posted by TBill7 on 2/24/2018 1:52:00 PM (view original):
FWIW, if d30 wants to give up his (always very good) team for the last three years, I don't think that it's unreasonable for someone (or WIS, for that matter) compensate the amount of $ that it would take to purchase 3 seasons of GD. I understand the other side but I thought I should bring this up for balance. I played against him for 4 seasons at Bucknell. He's a great coach and was always willing to share his expertise.
Millenial nonsense, but SportsHub agrees with you. Rules bum people out, so let's pretend they don't exist.
2/24/2018 2:56 PM
Let me repeat, I understand your side. (and I never disagreed with it.) But, I do believe that a rule change that would facilitate his idea wouldn't be harmful to the league if done right. The ideal purpose of these rules are to insure that the game is fair and enjoyable. I don't believe that he intends to do anything that is unfair or make the league less enjoyable.
2/24/2018 3:16 PM (edited)
Posted by TBill7 on 2/24/2018 3:16:00 PM (view original):
Let me repeat, I understand your side. (and I never disagreed with it.) But, I do believe that a rule change that would facilitate his idea wouldn't be harmful to the league if done right. The ideal purpose of these rules are to insure that the game is fair and enjoyable. I don't believe that he intends to do anything that is unfair or make the league less enjoyable.
We disagree completely. Donald's trying to take the Penn program outside of the game's design so he can profit of it, choosing his successor using his personal preferences instead of the rules that apply to every other job in the game.

Donald absolutely intends to do something unfair, and something that makes the jobs process less enjoyable.
2/24/2018 3:34 PM
I'm still not sure that I can really assume he is trying to profit, at all. To me, the profit angle is interesting. What if somebody offered $60 for three great seasons? Is it ethical to profit? If you say no, then what about if someone offered him $30 for his team and an extra $30 for extensive coaching advice? To me, it's still largely a matter of intent.
2/24/2018 3:54 PM (edited)
Posted by TBill7 on 2/24/2018 3:54:00 PM (view original):
I'm still not sure that I can really assume he is trying to profit, at all. To me, the profit angle is interesting. What if somebody offered $60 for three great seasons? Is it ethical to profit? If you say no, then what about if someone offered him $30 for his team and an extra $30 for extensive coaching advice? To me, it's still largely a matter of intent.
Well, the account is WIS's property, not his. He's trying to sell something he doesn't own, violating his license from WIS in doing so:

"VFGA and SportsHub hereby grant you a limited, revocable, nonsublicensable, nontransferable license, to access and display or perform the SportsHub Content (excluding any software code) solely for your personal, non-commercial use, in connection with using the SportsHub Services."
2/24/2018 3:54 PM
I think you've shown that the rules support your side.
2/24/2018 5:39 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Leahy- U of Pennsylvania 4 sale Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.