Odd assistant coach scout response Topic

Haven't had this before, but I sent an AC scout, and the player himself responded instead of the AC. How do I read his potential from that?
2/18/2018 9:22 PM
If the player is already green for you, or if the player was projected to be in a division below yours, the message you get back will be from the player instead of the scout. The short answer is, if the players response includes the word upside, he has good potential.

if you search for 'manifesto' in the gd forum, somewhere down at about the 2nd or 3rd page of the thread is the key for all the scouting responses. It includes the responses from the players.
2/18/2018 10:12 PM
Thanks, BJ!
2/19/2018 12:16 AM
Or you could send a HC Scout. The player will never reply to those.
2/20/2018 11:02 AM
This is from an old forum but this is your recruiting bible....

Great potential (you will see very few of these over your career)
1. Sky's the limit (in the AC scouting rreport)
2. Incredible upside potential (in the AC scouting rreport)
3. A truly gifted athlete (in the HC scouting report)
4. Tremendous potential – he could be a star
5. World of Potential huge upside
6. A Very special player.

Good potential (this is your bread and butter)
1. Above average potential (in the HC scouting report)
2. He's got the potential to improve his game a lot over 4 years with us. (in the AC scouting report)
3. I'm sure that your guys took some good notes about my game, and recognized that I have an amazing upside to my game. (message from recruit)
4. Upside is my middle name (message from recruit)
5. "With your coaching..." (from AC scouting report)
6. "room to grow".
7. "With a little work, he could be a very good player" (from HC scouting report)
8. "Good potential for improvement" (from the HC scouting report)
9. "He's not the most gifted athlete . . . but not bad at all." (from the HC scouting report).

Average potential:
1. Looks like he has a hard time making adjustments. (from the HC scouting report)
2. He's made good strides towards reaching his potential over the past couple years. (from the HC scouting report)
3. I think his growth potential is pretty average - nothing special. (from the AC scouting report)
4. My motor never stops running (message from recruit)
5. I give 110% out there (message from recruit)
6. I'm sure that your guys took some good notes about my game, and recognized that I've worked really hard and lived up to my potential. (message from recruit)
7. "Some room for improvement, but not much." (from HC scouting report)
8. "Probably won't see huge improvements." (from HC scouting report)
9. "He seems slow to pick things up in practice." (from HC scouting report)

Low potential
1. "he's worked really hard in high school and has about reached his potential (from AC scouting report)
2. "tapped out" (from AC or HC scouting report, I forget which -- it's been a while since I've seen this message).
2/20/2018 3:15 PM
Thanks, guys. I guess somehow I never scouted a guy who was already green in all these seasons.
2/20/2018 5:42 PM
He was probably one of four players that is scouted for you during the season. 9 out of 10 aren't worth looking at.
2/20/2018 5:57 PM
Posted by muckraker on 2/20/2018 5:57:00 PM (view original):
He was probably one of four players that is scouted for you during the season. 9 out of 10 aren't worth looking at.
muck, I don't think this is as true as it used to be. I've seen a big improvement over the past few months in those in-season-scouted recruits. But that could be because all of my teams are in D1A now. Maybe this is not true for the lower divisions.
2/20/2018 6:29 PM
Interesting bj, I don't see that with my one team in I-AA. Usually if they have decent attributes, their Formation IQ is awful.
2/20/2018 6:43 PM
Odd assistant coach scout response Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.