Just curious, is there some kind of reason that most coaches do not put any practice time on walk ons? Obviously they’re never going to play, but is there some kind of strategical reason to not adjust his practice time that I’m missing? I look at some teams with their WO’s and they’ll go down like 40+ points in a season. Is it just a lack of caring? I still throw the time on the guy because why not? lol
2/18/2018 9:47 PM
Posted by MWalpole on 2/18/2018 9:47:00 PM (view original):
Just curious, is there some kind of reason that most coaches do not put any practice time on walk ons? Obviously they’re never going to play, but is there some kind of strategical reason to not adjust his practice time that I’m missing? I look at some teams with their WO’s and they’ll go down like 40+ points in a season. Is it just a lack of caring? I still throw the time on the guy because why not? lol
Grades. If you're never going to play your walk on, it makes no sense to take any risk whatsoever of them flunking and dinging your rep.
2/18/2018 9:53 PM
I never put any study hall on walk ons and have never had one flunk. They are usually good students. I always put practice time on them, just out of habit I guess.
2/18/2018 10:38 PM
Posted by chapelhillne on 2/18/2018 10:38:00 PM (view original):
I never put any study hall on walk ons and have never had one flunk. They are usually good students. I always put practice time on them, just out of habit I guess.
That's fair, and for all I know it's impossible for them to flunk. But why take a chance?
2/18/2018 11:14 PM
I tend to put 90 minutes in the green to see what maximum growth is
2/19/2018 9:38 AM
I set their practice same way as regular guys, but with a smidge extra study hall compared to what their WE would otherwise dictate

I probably dont adjust their practice as often as I adjust schollie players - but ya never know, you might need to give some minutes to one of them
2/19/2018 9:58 AM
i enjoy watching my walkon regress after joining a collegiate basketball team. Ironic since the walkon most likely busted his *** in the in the YMCA courts daily to even make the team.
2/19/2018 10:04 AM
I hit "optimize" then ignore my walk-ons for the rest of the season like Bobby Knight would.
2/19/2018 10:38 AM
I don't put practice minutes for walkons because I'm lazy.
2/19/2018 12:08 PM
I put minutes in to help the averages to make myself feel better about my team.
2/19/2018 4:27 PM
never put a minute of SH in walk-ons and never had one even come close to failing
2/19/2018 4:37 PM
I treat them like regular recruits, because if they are going to improve, I like to see my season average team ratings improve
2/19/2018 4:55 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.