This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Thanks for the update.
2/19/2018 10:27 AM
I've been back since April of last year. About 9 or 10 months. During my previous stint on this site back around 2010ish maybe, i don't recall updates taking place. Unless i was just oblivious to it. (Which is possible, because i wasn't involved in discussions then, nearly as much as i am now). Or it could be that changes just weren't going on around that time frame

So my question is.... Why are we expecting updates? Were we told an update was expected in X amount of time? Is there supposed to be updates continuously every X amount of months? Or do we just want updates (to hopefully improve game play as time passes)?

I'm asking so i can understand how upset I need to be that updates aren't happening.
2/19/2018 10:34 AM
Well as a small example the champions page has been broken since 2.0 was released. They have basically done nothing since release.
2/19/2018 10:37 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 2/19/2018 10:27:00 AM (view original):
Thanks for the update.
Well said!

+1

2/19/2018 10:39 AM
Right. I've heard about that one mully. But do the people that run this site promise updates that never come?

Or are we just expecting change because it's needed?
2/19/2018 10:41 AM
2/19/2018 10:52 AM
2/19/2018 10:52 AM
On a ticket I sent in last month, he's said that he'll be "gathering feedback from the community soon."
2/19/2018 10:54 AM
They make vague proclamations of "more attention", "fixes", etc, etc, without timetables. And it appears that don't give a timetable because A) some would expect it on that date B) the possibility exists that nothing will happen. I don't think SportsHub bought WifS to let it die but, and I've said this many times, WifS is not a cash cow. Most likely, it gets attention commiserate with it's profitability when compared to other facets of SportsHub(and FOX prior to the sale).

Pretty much the only update the vast majority agree on is the "Considering list" being expanded. Everything else is going to cause some issues with some, make some happy and bring indifference from most. .
2/19/2018 10:55 AM
Don't forget about the champions page. I think we all agree that should be fixed.
2/19/2018 11:21 AM
I think that's going to fall under "indifference from most". I wish they'd fix it as I think it would quiet some but the possibility exists, a high possibility, that a fix would bring on "OK, now what??!!??!!?" from the masses.
2/19/2018 11:41 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/19/2018 11:41:00 AM (view original):
I think that's going to fall under "indifference from most". I wish they'd fix it as I think it would quiet some but the possibility exists, a high possibility, that a fix would bring on "OK, now what??!!??!!?" from the masses.
Yep. The champs list is purely cosmetic and doesn't affect gameplay at all.

WIS needs to remove cosmetic things that don't affect gameplay or general quality of the game experience. Champs list would be an excellent candidate.
2/19/2018 12:01 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 2/19/2018 12:01:00 PM (view original):

WIS needs to remove cosmetic things that don't affect gameplay or general quality of the game experience. Champs list would be an excellent candidate.
Remove cosmetic things?? Why?

I don't disagree that things that impact gameplay should be the priority but the cosmetic elements make the overall experience much more fun (IMO)
2/19/2018 12:04 PM
Posted by Benis on 2/19/2018 12:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kcsundevil on 2/19/2018 12:01:00 PM (view original):

Remove cosmetic things?? Why?

I don't disagree that things that impact gameplay should be the priority but the cosmetic elements make the overall experience much more fun (IMO)
Sure, but if something is a maintenance drain and capacity for maintenance is limited, you have to be willing to cut.
2/19/2018 12:15 PM
123 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.