Posted by kcsundevil on 2/19/2018 12:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 2/19/2018 12:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kcsundevil on 2/19/2018 12:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/19/2018 11:41:00 AM (view original):
I think that's going to fall under "indifference from most". I wish they'd fix it as I think it would quiet some but the possibility exists, a high possibility, that a fix would bring on "OK, now what??!!??!!?" from the masses.
Yep. The champs list is purely cosmetic and doesn't affect gameplay at all.

WIS needs to remove cosmetic things that don't affect gameplay or general quality of the game experience. Champs list would be an excellent candidate.
Remove cosmetic things?? Why?

I don't disagree that things that impact gameplay should be the priority but the cosmetic elements make the overall experience much more fun (IMO)
Sure, but if something is a maintenance drain and capacity for maintenance is limited, you have to be willing to cut.
I assume that's it all automated. When they transitioned, something got messed up with the automation. I have no coding knowledge but I would like to think someone who knew what they were doing could fix this issue in an afternoon (maybe a day?) and then it would work indefinitely.

What else are you saying you would cut? What do you think is a maintenance drain?
2/19/2018 12:18 PM
need to fix considering list - just saying
2/19/2018 12:48 PM
I'm gonna go a step farther about the considering list... IF it gets fixed, I'd like to see a small tweak too.

There should be some differentiation between teams listed at VL who put in 1 AP and those listed at VL who have opened up all actions. Right now they're listed as the same and it's really easy to lurk and poach (I do it all the time). Teams that have the ability to send a 20 HV love bomb should not be listed as VL.
2/19/2018 1:08 PM
I know it's frustrating to be in the dark, so I'll do my best to keep that from happening. -seble

I'm not unreasonable to think that all the attention should be placed on HD, as there are other games as well. Yes, there are things that need "fixing" in
HD and wasn't expecting anything happening in the short term after seble made the announcement.

But from a business standpoint, 6 months is a long time to leave customers in the dark.

I'm not complaining, just stating facts and opinions.

2/19/2018 1:49 PM
I don’t get all the fuss over the champions page. Maybe because I’ll never be on it lol but of all the things to complain about, I feel like that is so unimportant.
2/19/2018 1:49 PM
Posted by Benis on 2/19/2018 12:18:00 PM (view original):
I think that's going to fall under "indifference from most". I wish they'd fix it as I think it would quiet some but the possibility exists, a high possibility, that a fix would bring on "OK, now what??!!??!!?" from the masses.

WIS needs to remove cosmetic things that don't affect gameplay or general quality of the game experience. Champs list would be an excellent candidate.

I don't disagree that things that impact gameplay should be the priority but the cosmetic elements make the overall experience much more fun (IMO)
Sure, but if something is a maintenance drain and capacity for maintenance is limited, you have to be willing to cut.
I assume that's it all automated. When they transitioned, something got messed up with the automation. I have no coding knowledge but I would like to think someone who knew what they were doing could fix this issue in an afternoon (maybe a day?) and then it would work indefinitely.

What else are you saying you would cut? What do you think is a maintenance drain?
"I have no coding knowledge but this should be really simple."

Yeah Lumbergh, I'm not going down this rabbit hole with you.
2/19/2018 2:12 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 2/19/2018 2:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 2/19/2018 12:18:00 PM (view original):

"I have no coding knowledge but this should be really simple."

Yeah Lumbergh, I'm not going down this rabbit hole with you.
Actually, I lied. I took a couple classes on Java in college. I was terrible at it. Not nerdy enough I guess.

2/19/2018 2:36 PM
Posted by MWalpole on 2/19/2018 1:49:00 PM (view original):
I don’t get all the fuss over the champions page. Maybe because I’ll never be on it lol but of all the things to complain about, I feel like that is so unimportant.
I agree with you completely on this. As I may never be on it either.

BUT... If i were to make that list, I'd quickly join those who complain about it! And I'd like them to add confetti and streamers at that point. And maybe print my name in bold print while they're at it!
2/19/2018 2:41 PM
Posted by MWalpole on 2/19/2018 1:49:00 PM (view original):
It is and it isn't

It is proof that they cannot or do not want to fix even the smallest of things in this game. So those hoping that REAL issues will be addressed are better off buying swamp land in Florida.
2/19/2018 3:25 PM
Posted by Benis on 2/19/2018 1:08:00 PM (view original):
I'm gonna go a step farther about the considering list... IF it gets fixed, I'd like to see a small tweak too.

There should be some differentiation between teams listed at VL who put in 1 AP and those listed at VL who have opened up all actions. Right now they're listed as the same and it's really easy to lurk and poach (I do it all the time). Teams that have the ability to send a 20 HV love bomb should not be listed as VL.
You have to leave some mystery in the game....
2/19/2018 3:39 PM
Mystery
2/19/2018 3:55 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 2/19/2018 3:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 2/19/2018 1:08:00 PM (view original):

You have to leave some mystery in the game....
Whether or not it was originally an accident, it is an interesting twist, needing no change.
2/19/2018 5:46 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Ultimately Toppdogg - We went a long time without updates and the game felt like it had been abandoned by admin. Game was fine for the most part, but DI particularly needed some improvements. Out of nowhere Seble comes in with 3.0. Tons of fighting within the user base as many didn't like the changes and some did. Ton of people quit the game over it. WIS promised they would work out the bugs of their new product and continue to improve, but instead seble released the product and dipped out right after it left beta and WIS had no interest. Fighting continues. Months go on with the realization that we were given and unfinished product, then seble buys WIS from FOX with promises to get focused back on this game. Hope semi restored for those remaining. Haven't heard back since.
2/20/2018 12:42 AM
Close poncho. Sportshub bought WIS and then hired Seble to run it.

One area of improvement at least-
Tickets are being responded to quickly and more thoroughly than before. So that's good.
2/20/2018 7:49 AM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.