JD Martinez Topic

The Dead Sox are such a horribly run organization.
2/20/2018 12:29 PM
2/20/2018 2:16 PM
Well, they just traded Brent, so there goes that 4th of
2/20/2018 3:34 PM
Posted by bottomlee on 2/20/2018 3:34:00 PM (view original):
Well, they just traded Brent, so there goes that 4th of
Ya I just saw that. Kinda sucks they’re on the hook for over 33 mil to a guy they won’t call up. If they’re already over the luxury tax, it seems like a waste to me. And was Swihart terrible in LF? I remember there was some talk about him couple years ago but he vanished.
2/20/2018 4:27 PM
Nunez can play the OF so can Holt.
2/20/2018 5:10 PM
Swihart is out of options and Dombrowski turned down trade overtures. He would never clear waivers, so it would seem like he will make the roster if he ends camp healthy.
2/20/2018 11:38 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/20/2018 9:34:00 AM (view original):
I think Bradley has some value. Lefty bat and an elite CF. I guess the Sox don't want to move him. Not sure why as Mookie can play center almost as well. Bringing back Nunez was big too with Pedroia's injury history.
Bradley should have a lot of value. I know the Indians and Sux were talking Bradley for Encarnacion....I think if I'm both teams I'd do that. Sux can win this year, especially if Porcello pitches well and Sale/Kluber stay healthy, the Sux have as good a chance as anyone. Indians are probably better to shed that contract...and getting an elite defensive CF with a decent bat isn't a horrible haul. Sux have a really good farm system so maybe the Indians get a b level prospect also.
2/21/2018 12:13 AM
This situation really reveals the bias of the national media. A few years ago, the O's signed Gallardo and then held up the deal during his physical over shoulder concerns. They eventually reworked the deal to include less guaranteed money. The national media, especially the likes of Ken Rosenthal and Jim Duquette, trashed the O's, called them unethical and accused them of using their physical to publicly tarnish Gallardo's reputation so they could get him cheaper. And low and behold, a month later, Gallardo was out with a shoulder issue.

Fast forward to now. Sox agree to a deal with Martinez, hold it up over health concerns and alter the contract before JD signs. Not a negative word to be seen about the Sox.
2/26/2018 9:45 AM
You think there is a bias in favor of Boston?
2/26/2018 12:57 PM
Posted by edsortails on 2/26/2018 12:57:00 PM (view original):
You think there is a bias in favor of Boston?
More a bias against a team like the Orioles.

But yes, major networks - especially ESPN - are often all over the Sox's nuts.
2/26/2018 2:39 PM
ESPN hates Boston. Are you serious?!?!??!
2/26/2018 2:42 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/26/2018 2:42:00 PM (view original):
ESPN hates Boston. Are you serious?!?!??!
Is that why Boston and/or NY are on Sunday Night Baseball 87 times a season?

The Sox finished last 3 times in 4 years from 2012-2015 and were still being picked to win the division by everyone each year.
2/26/2018 2:48 PM
The Boston/NY games get the best ratings but the personalities bash Boston constantly.
  1. Racist City
  2. Cheaters
ESPN is blatantly anti Boston. You could argue they are pro NY.

They are picked to win the division because they are usually a good team with good players.
2/26/2018 2:53 PM
The national media loves the Sox and to deny it just makes you look foolish.
2/26/2018 2:53 PM
I am mainly discussing ESPN. I think other sports sites are more Boston friendly. I agree. My bad for not stating that sooner.
2/26/2018 2:55 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
JD Martinez Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.