Tagteam -15 are in Topic

We haven't done a Tagteam league in a couple of years. I'm going to bring it back, but it's not a draft league, and I've thrown in a few changes...

For those of you that never played this back in the day, it was one tough league. Some excellent owners had their heads handed to them. Anyway, it used to be a draft league, and you and a partner from the site would draft a team, each making 8 picks. You then had each use the core 16 players on your teams. Stadiums were optional, you could use the same or different. The crux of the league was that the 4 teams with the highest combined won-loss records went to the postseason, both of you...Alot of good teams were shut out of postseason play because their partner's team didn't measure up...Here's how we'll do it..

You and a partner will build your teams. It's not going to be a draft league, that takes a couple of weeks, and alot of owner's don't want to mess with that anymore...We will build a blacklist, each Tagteam will blacklist 4 players. That'll be 2 pitchers and 2 position players.

You can sign up and look for a partner here, or you can contact another owner from the site and form a tandem...Up to you, but if you don't have a partner, you'll likely find someone to pair up with...Once paired up, you can work on your 2 rosters and come up with something good...Two heads are better than one, right?

The rules:

$100M Salary Cap
Use any players not blacklisted
NO DH, NO WW, NO AAA used
No trading allowed
No duplicate players on your roster/ NO Clones
Use any stadium(you and your partner may use the same or different stadiums)
Injuries will be turned on

Random realignment in each league- I'll assign one from each Tagteam to the NL, the other to the AL. I'll use random.org to assign one of you to the East, Central or West. random 1-4 will be the East, 5-8 the Central, and 9-12 the West. You're partner will be assigned the opposite as you, if you're in the NL East, he'll be in the AL West. Central division teams will have their partner in the opposite league's Central division.

Postseason play- The 4 Tagteams with the best combined win-loss records get to send both of their teams to the postseason. They will be ranked in their respective leagues based on their individual records...

All owners will submit a $10 Gift Certificate . There will be $240 in prize money, $160 going to the WS winner and their partner to split, and $80 to the WS loser and their partner to split. If you face your partner in the WS, you'll split the $240....

blacklist submitted (*)

1. DoctorKz
2. Kallison1
3. Skunk206(Ozomatli)*
4. Ozomatli(Skunk206)*
5. Boclaird (Lenbo1212)
6. Lenbo1212 (boclaird)
7. Fusion27s(doctorcc)*
8. Doctorcc(Fusion27s)*
9. MotorBoatJon
10. Apbc (KOTH)
11. KOTH (Apbc)
12. Calhoop(Schwarze)*
13. Schwarze(Calhoop)*
14. Cholatse(Dorkster)*
15. Dorkster(Cholatse)*
Waitlist
5/17/2018 9:14 PM (edited)
Posted by dorkster on 5/12/2018 2:36:00 PM (view original):
So, does each "tag team" team need to have 16 players in common? If so, are they identical seasons? Same park?
FAQ
No, you and your partner can build 2 completely different teams, not required to use any of the same players. You cannot use any season of any blacklisted player, and no clones are allowed.

Blacklist

Pitchers

Adams, Babe
Johnson, Walter
Maddux, Greg
Martinez, Pedro
Mathewson, Christy
Milacki, Bob
Walsh, Ed
Wolff, Roger

Hitters

Baker, Frank
Cobb, Ty
Jones, Chipper
Kerins, John
Moon, Wally
Raines, Tim
Reilly, John
Speaker, Tris
5/17/2018 9:16 PM (edited)
OK, sign me up and I'll give it a Try...

2/19/2018 10:45 PM
skunk206 and I are in
2/20/2018 12:01 AM
We are blacklisting

Ed Walsh
Walter Johnson
John Kerins
Tris Speaker
2/20/2018 10:30 PM
boclaird
To:
DoctorKz
Received:
2/21/2018 11:54:00 AM
Subject:
RE: Tagteam invite
If you're not full yet, Lenbo1212 and I will play as a team.
2/21/2018 3:46 PM
Can't go four days without a bump
2/26/2018 12:05 PM
Doctorcc and I will partner up on this theme. Our blacklist to follow.
2/26/2018 8:35 PM
Doc, you need to keep this updated if you want it to fill up.
2/27/2018 5:51 PM
8 are in
2/27/2018 5:53 PM
Hey Fusion27s, should we call dibs on naming our team “Whoomp! There It Is”?
2/27/2018 6:04 PM
I like it
2/27/2018 6:45 PM
My partner, whoever that turns out to be, can wear an I'm With Stupid t shirt...
2/27/2018 6:56 PM
Our blacklist:

Ty Cobb
Wally Moon
Christy Mathewson
Bob Milacki
2/28/2018 8:02 PM
I'D BE HAPPY TO GIVE THIS A TRY, but, i AM PARTNERLESS!
3/6/2018 7:33 PM
1234 Next ▸
Tagteam -15 are in Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.