1A recruiting D2 players Topic

I think many of you have seen it before when a coach at a 1A Mid-Major is signing the kind of players that a top D2 team would see and sign. I'm talking guys with a number of seasons under their belts and not a coach in their first go around at 1A. What are the different opinions and reasons that anyone could see this happening for?
2/20/2018 12:34 PM
Out of money
2/20/2018 12:38 PM
I would think that someone is protecting players for another account.
2/20/2018 12:40 PM
Posted by lyonzfan37 on 2/20/2018 12:40:00 PM (view original):
Some people have too much disposable income
2/20/2018 12:50 PM
My thought is he's not recruiting for another 1A team as the players he's signing are not 1A period, no matter what school. But is the account doing heavy duty scouting for a powerhouse d2 team or any type 1AA team looking for certain players? Then the 1A team doesn't have the funds to sign 1A players so they dumpster dive among the players they already scouted in the lower ranks. Just my thoughts.
I'm not going to out a coach on here when I have no definite proof. I just want various thoughts. If anyone wants to privately sitemail me I'm basically willing to out a guy in private.
2/20/2018 12:51 PM

But is the account doing heavy duty scouting for a powerhouse d2 team or any type 1AA team looking for certain players?

That would be my guess. Bush league.

nitros

2/20/2018 1:57 PM
These are cheap backups for the recruiting battles they expect to get into?
2/20/2018 3:13 PM
Posted by jibe on 2/20/2018 12:51:00 PM (view original):
My thought is he's not recruiting for another 1A team as the players he's signing are not 1A period, no matter what school. But is the account doing heavy duty scouting for a powerhouse d2 team or any type 1AA team looking for certain players? Then the 1A team doesn't have the funds to sign 1A players so they dumpster dive among the players they already scouted in the lower ranks. Just my thoughts.
I'm not going to out a coach on here when I have no definite proof. I just want various thoughts. If anyone wants to privately sitemail me I'm basically willing to out a guy in private.
I'm a little confused. Is he actually signing Div 2 players or just scouting ? Just scouting would be more suspicious. Still, you would need to see the whole picture rather than just a snippet to form an informed decision.
2/20/2018 5:09 PM
Posted by realist9900 on 2/20/2018 5:09:00 PM (view original):
I'm a little confused. Is he actually signing Div 2 players or just scouting ? Just scouting would be more suspicious. Still, you would need to see the whole picture rather than just a snippet to form an informed decision.
I believe I can see who jibe is talking about and he is signing a very poor class by any D1A standard. He is also only on the amount of recruits to fill his schollies and has no extras. I don't know what to make of it but looking at his last season's class they weren't much better.
2/20/2018 5:37 PM
Posted by awags on 2/20/2018 5:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by realist9900 on 2/20/2018 5:09:00 PM (view original):
I believe I can see who jibe is talking about and he is signing a very poor class by any D1A standard. He is also only on the amount of recruits to fill his schollies and has no extras. I don't know what to make of it but looking at his last season's class they weren't much better.
awags, I'd guess you found the coach I am referring to. Yes, last seasons class sucked that's what got me thinking about what he is doing. He has another Mid-Major as well that didn't look too awesome either. I have seen other coaches do this same thing so its not like its the first time this has been carried out.
2/20/2018 6:14 PM
idk, maybe he's just a poor recruiter and doesn't think he can compete for 1A players at a Mid-Major. Maybe he's bored with the game and signing lousy but high potential players to see if they can ever be competitive.
2/20/2018 6:18 PM
I’m about to start my first rodeo in D1 in about an hour. No idea how it’ll go. Hopefully won’t end up signing D2 players but I honestly have no idea. I did “ok” my second D1AA recruiting.

Lol but if I end up on D2 players in Wilk I can promise I’m not cheating...just sucking ;)
2/22/2018 10:51 AM
He could be blocking a D2 program from signing top talent to give his other D2 school a chance to catch up. Are they top of D2 players?

Out of money or not, there is no reason to sign D2 guys at D-1A. I think the walk ons could be better right?

Jibes, I play the worlds you do and my programs would be affected by that. I did see a D-1A program in heisman swoop down but can't recall the name. If its that world or Rockne, please sitemail me the ID so I can monitor it also.
2/22/2018 12:38 PM (edited)
Man, the recruiting pool sure has changed. In Dobie, there aren't ANY decent undecided QB's. And the top ones (normal top vision ones, nothing crazy) have all D1 Sims on them! Changes are being made behind the scenes.

This is in D2 btw
2/22/2018 2:30 PM
1A recruiting D2 players Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.