The 11pm cycle...... Topic

Is a dandy around my household!

Due to work schedules, my woman and I will lay down for the night sometime around 10pm. When recruiting is in session, i have to make a difficult decision each night. I've chose each one multiple times, so i know the outcome that lies ahead.

Choice 1... Set my alarm for 11:05pm, roughly an hour later. That usually results in a brutal foot in my back.... "Get your damn alarm! It's been going off for 10 minutes for your stupid basketball thing!"

Choice 2.... "Honey, wake me up a lil earlier when you get up so i can log in before 5am". This choice usually results in a pillow (with my own drool) to the face while I'm snoring away..... "You wanna wake up early for this, but you wont wake up when i need you to!"

Good times! Anyways, i know I'm not the only one with spousal HD hatred. And I'm sure there's been "angry spouse" threads before. But share some of your stories!

I know there's one of you out there that "really don't feel like going out tonight".. Only to sneak off to your other woman on your laptop, her name being HD. How many of you have been "running behind because i got a late start"... Due to HD in some manner.

if that's a lil overboard, how many times have you heard "Dad's always playing his stupid basketball game"? Or things of that nature. Let it all out here!
2/21/2018 10:47 AM
For those of us in the Pacific time zone, the schedule is fantastic. It runs as 2s and 8s. I'm honestly surprised they didn't give that cush setup to the east coasters.
2/21/2018 10:53 AM
My wife knows nothing about this site more than "It's kinda like fantasy sports with fake players." Any other info would probably lead to divorce. I think she'd rather I drink excessively and gamble.
2/21/2018 10:56 AM
Since 3.0, I’ve had no problems, since the cycles are 6 hours instead of 3. That gives you a 12 hour window to work with, which most find doable. But before, the accepted and prescribed method of playing high D1 was waking up in the middle of the night during recruiting, so you didn’t miss an opponent’s love bomb, and also to check higher prestige teams’ targets to see if any of their recruits got jumped, so you could follow up on the snowball and completely ruin their season. I did it once or twice myself, but I like my wife too much to make it routine.
2/21/2018 10:58 AM
Posted by kcsundevil on 2/21/2018 10:53:00 AM (view original):
For those of us in the Pacific time zone, the schedule is fantastic. It runs as 2s and 8s. I'm honestly surprised they didn't give that cush setup to the east coasters.
Having moved from Maryland to Oregon almost 2 years ago, I agree with this...the times are great for the West Coasters!
2/21/2018 12:32 PM
Well boo. This turned out lame. It was less about the 11pm cycle (which i agree you westerners have it a lil easier) and more supposed to be about complaining wives.

I figured with hundreds of men playing a game, that I would assume most women could care less about, there would surely be some good/funny/ridiculous feedback. Especially since its continuous. It's not like a PS4 game you play for a week and then quit.

2/21/2018 1:58 PM
I mean, my wife is highly tolerant of my various goofy hobbies, but I don't wake her up for the 12am-3am recruiting cycle in Gridiron. I know where the bright line limits are.
2/21/2018 2:10 PM
Depending on daylight savings time, they hit at either 11 and 5 or 12 and 6 here on the islands. Unfortunately, it is the 5 a.m. and 6 a.m. cycles where most players will unlock and you can offer scholarships, making those cycles vital to wake up for to offer scholarships and beat back sim teams who are on recruits to lessen the expenditure of promises or dollars that might be needed further down the line on those players.

But I'm lucky if I can stay awake until 10 p.m. in a lot of cases and my wife heads to bed even earlier...many times she is awakened by me accessing the computer in the middle of the night to go after a recruit and I have to put up with the grumblings and mumblings (Pro Tip: Asking if she'd rather you just stay up all night playing Warcraft or Star Wars or something instead is apparently NOT the correct response...)
2/21/2018 3:05 PM
Posted by rednu on 2/21/2018 3:05:00 PM (view original):
Depending on daylight savings time, they hit at either 11 and 5 or 12 and 6 here on the islands. Unfortunately, it is the 5 a.m. and 6 a.m. cycles where most players will unlock and you can offer scholarships, making those cycles vital to wake up for to offer scholarships and beat back sim teams who are on recruits to lessen the expenditure of promises or dollars that might be needed further down the line on those players.

But I'm lucky if I can stay awake until 10 p.m. in a lot of cases and my wife heads to bed even earlier...many times she is awakened by me accessing the computer in the middle of the night to go after a recruit and I have to put up with the grumblings and mumblings (Pro Tip: Asking if she'd rather you just stay up all night playing Warcraft or Star Wars or something instead is apparently NOT the correct response...)
Hahaha this is more like an answer i expected. Although i don't feel sorry for you since You're living on the islands!
2/21/2018 3:24 PM
First priority: the little lady.
Close second priority: the rest of life.
And a large gap to ... third priority: WIS.
2/21/2018 4:31 PM
I still silently curse all those boneheads who voted for the 5/11 cycle in Beta.
2/21/2018 4:42 PM
My wife is a lovely Italian woman from New Jersey. I would tell you what she says about this game but the vulgarity filter would block it.
2/21/2018 6:41 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 2/21/2018 6:41:00 PM (view original):
My wife is a lovely Italian woman from New Jersey. I would tell you what she says about this game but the vulgarity filter would block it.
Tell us anyway -- I love playing "Fill in the Blank"...it's like an adult Mad Lib.
2/21/2018 7:06 PM
The first mistake was getting married aha.
2/21/2018 7:10 PM
Posted by l80r20 on 2/21/2018 4:31:00 PM (view original):
First priority: the little lady.
Close second priority: the rest of life.
And a large gap to ... third priority: WIS.
Very true.... Except for that large gap! We're all here today!
2/21/2018 8:18 PM
12 Next ▸
The 11pm cycle...... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.