$95 mill Theme. FULL ! ! Topic

I’m thinking of converting an old dell w/ windows xp to Linux. Mainly to use as a download box. But now my internet is 4g, which has some great advantages, but I would also need to upgrade the modem, so I don’t know if it’s worth it anymore.
3/31/2018 8:21 AM
Posted by plangster on 3/31/2018 8:21:00 AM (view original):
I’m thinking of converting an old dell w/ windows xp to Linux. Mainly to use as a download box. But now my internet is 4g, which has some great advantages, but I would also need to upgrade the modem, so I don’t know if it’s worth it anymore.
Linux is stable, and never crashes, No forced updates. Never nags you to 'try this, link to that' or upgrade' You are almost totally hack-proof.. but when something isn't working, it can drive you NUTS. If I was younger, I would learn the Linux system, the ins and outs of a program, and would learn to trouble shoot and fix it.. and farm myself out as a Linux tecchie.. They are hard to find

The other rub is (at least in my case) I needed to use a second hard drive, as I don't think it's possible to install a dual boot in your startup.. but it sure would be nice to have that choice. I have wing nuts instead of screws, on my tower, So shut down, unplug the power, then just two connections to switch from WIN 10 to Linux. 5 minutes
4/1/2018 8:50 PM (edited)
I’m in! Cheers
4/2/2018 11:15 PM
Posted by Sgarrista1 on 4/2/2018 11:15:00 PM (view original):
I’m in! Cheers
Awesome. So is Chuck. So we need just 4 more, maybe three if you just popped your team in
4/3/2018 10:02 AM
3 more to go and we're Rolling
4/5/2018 1:50 PM
Are there enough interested owners in WIS hockey any more to fill leagues ? I don`t think so. Everyone thought including myself that these new owners were going to make WIS hockey great again.They haven`t done a damn thing yet and I don`t think they will.Fox sports ruined WIS.
4/6/2018 8:28 AM
Posted by mpalco on 4/6/2018 8:28:00 AM (view original):
Are there enough interested owners in WIS hockey any more to fill leagues ? I don`t think so. Everyone thought including myself that these new owners were going to make WIS hockey great again.They haven`t done a damn thing yet and I don`t think they will.Fox sports ruined WIS.
Well said.

But WIS FRONT OFFICE AKA DEVELOPERS needs to SAVE us first, the owners first... I am sure if they bring the price down to $7.95, more people would try it again... for 9.95 is a joke that it’s just the same old same old for all these years too
4/7/2018 4:01 PM
Posted by Sgarrista1 on 4/7/2018 4:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mpalco on 4/6/2018 8:28:00 AM (view original):
Well said.

But WIS FRONT OFFICE AKA DEVELOPERS needs to SAVE us first, the owners first... I am sure if they bring the price down to $7.95, more people would try it again... for 9.95 is a joke that it’s just the same old same old for all these years too
They could drop the price to fifty cents, STILL it will not fill, because nobody knows this thing exists.. If there were say 500 members, they could bump it ten percent. I would still play
4/12/2018 3:27 PM
If you see this and cannot get a team in.. please site mail me as I have asked WIS to remove one team, because of previous problems with it's owner.
4/12/2018 4:01 PM
Posted by taybaijor on 3/20/2018 5:49:00 PM (view original):
Seems a pity that we argue about how to set up a league. b4orr is right, if we don't agree with the rules we don't have to join. I, personally do not like this particular league but obviously others do or it would not be filling. Why don't we just agree to disagree.
Some guys get 'Emo and say stuff. it happens. MPalco is totally welcome to play in any league I make. Very few go on and on with an issue. For eg: Pubmonkey says the odd thing, but it never drags on. He is also welcome to play in any league I make.

4/14/2018 12:01 AM (edited)
◂ Prev 1234
$95 mill Theme. FULL ! ! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.