if you demote a player after the season will they always avoid a ratings hit?
2/22/2018 11:43 AM
I wait until at least the start of the World Series just to be sure and they don't lose ratings when I do it then so I know I'm safe.
2/22/2018 11:45 AM
I assume you're talking about roster expansion guys. I wait a half cycle and it's fine. If you're talking about ANY player, no, they are subject to demotion hits. If they have options, wait til ST next season.
2/22/2018 11:51 AM
But then you pay the extra salary, right?
2/22/2018 1:08 PM
Correct. But, on the bright side, if you need an injury call-up, the salary won't increase.
2/22/2018 1:12 PM
it's a rule 5 guy (and he has options) but I assume I should still wait until ST?
2/22/2018 1:16 PM
Once the green triangle disappears, you can demote. But he might take a hit in the current season.
2/22/2018 1:32 PM
Sometimes when I demote a player he may or may NOT take any ratings hit at any time of the season. Not sure why that is. I even had a guy improve his ratings from a demotion..
3/4/2018 10:17 PM
Posted by jaggedendz on 3/4/2018 10:17:00 PM (view original):
Sometimes when I demote a player he may or may NOT take any ratings hit at any time of the season. Not sure why that is. I even had a guy improve his ratings from a demotion..
Usually based on Patience rating. Higher the patience the better the chance he doesn't take a hit. Still don't like to take the chance if I can help it.
3/4/2018 10:24 PM
I demote (almost) every pre-arb player including Rule V guys during the playoffs and I've never had a ratings hit for any of them. Not saying it can't happen, but I've never seen it in dozens if not hundreds of cases.
3/6/2018 3:08 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.